PDA

View Full Version : ROG G53X - Green Screen - Help me out!

gabriellazinho
06-02-2014, 10:29 PM
Hello guys.

Something really weird is happening with my notebook (G53S). Sometimes when I boot my computer the screen turns to green and then it gets normal(not always).

Do you guys have any idea?

Thanks.

cl-Albert
06-04-2014, 03:52 PM
Hi,

Have you tried connecting an external monitor and does it show the same problem?

If you don't see the problem on the external monitor, does it make a difference if you move the screen back and forth to different positions?

gabriellazinho
06-05-2014, 01:24 AM
@cl-Albert

Already tried at another monitor and It comes back to normal when I slap/hit couple of times next to the touchpad.

cl-Albert
06-05-2014, 04:22 PM
@gabriellazinho,

I assume that means you did not see any problem on the external monitor, or do you mean you see the same problem on the external monitor and the problems are fixed after you slap/hit next to the touchpad?

Just trying to get an idea if the problem is with the notebook screen/LCD cable or something else, so wanted to confirm if you saw the same problem on the external monitor. Thanks.

gabriellazinho
06-05-2014, 10:45 PM
@cl-Albert
there is no problem if I move the screen back and forth. I dont think the problem is with the screen cable. The only way I found to fix it is to slap/hit couple of times next to the touchpad. Got any idea?

cl-Albert
06-06-2014, 12:32 AM
@gabriellazinho,

If the external screen is showing the same problem too, then it doesn't sound like the problem is with the notebook screen/cable.

I'm not really sure what the problem is then, but there may be some possibility it is related to the vga card? I don't know why hitting the area next to the touchpad can help though, so the problem may really be caused by something else.

We may want to search the forums or get more ideas from others.

Not sure if this will make any difference, but if somebody does take apart the unit they may want to reseat the video card and other parts?
If the problem is not too serious though and you are able to 'fix it' temporarily by hitting near the touchpad, I wonder if you would rather live with it instead of taking the chance of making it worse by taking apart the unit, but I may worry too much.

karyuudo
06-23-2014, 06:35 PM
Guys I've been dealing with this same issue for months with my G53SX. Something is wrong with the video connector, or there's something touching part of the systemboard causing this interference with the display.