PDA

View Full Version : R4E BIOS 4804 MODDED EFI Intel 13.1.0.2126 Download

Pages : 1 2 [3]

DarWun
01-25-2018, 03:37 AM
Ouch. :eek: Pardon me if my math isn't correct.. but that's a 20% drop in performance score?! I'd be willing to bet that they could keep performance the same if they weren't so "rushed" to release microcode updates! The whole ordeal seems very sloppy and rushed, in my opinion..
Sloppy (rushed???) indeed. The January microcode updates were no longer being offered when I checked the available Intel processor downloads today. I suspect this is a result of Intel's recent acknowledgement that the updates result in reboots for some processors. I haven't had any reboot issues so far after the update (fingers crossed) with my Ivy Bridge-E processor. So I'm going to stick with it for now.

The 20% drop in performance from the PCMark 10 benchmark definitely didn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling. But I still have some testing do before I decide if the patch is going to affect day to day use. I planned on doing some more benchmarks tonight, but the release of a new windows insider preview version put those plans on hold for now. I'll post back once I've been able to spend some more time evaluating system performance.

DukeRaoul
01-25-2018, 10:11 AM
**UPDATE**
1-24-18
8:05PM EST

All BIOS files have been updated. There are a couple of older boards that had no new microcode. - However, on those boards there were other modules to update, so they are updated.

Sweet. I updated my bios last night - Nvme now working with csm off. Good to know the other modules have been updated as well. Not tested for any performance drop, like you bolts i'm hoping that there might be a later release with less of a performance drop...

Thanks again for the stirling work.

D

kyuby
01-25-2018, 11:43 PM
Hi,

Sorry bad english :(

That story ... if that can help anyone in the futur ... or not.

Config :
MAXIMUS V GENE
Intel I5 3570K ( 3gene)
Ram Corsair 4x2 DDR3 CL7
intel ME 8.1.2
Bios 1903

First try : Rog connect fail.
Process : USB Fat32 + M5G.CAP => press + hold 5 second , release when rog blinking
Motherboard no boot no bios => code 00 + cpu light :(

i have bought a new chip for remplace, because anybios never work ( official or not ) motherboard stay code 00

New chip ( Winbond 25q64fvsig 64MB) DIP8
i upgrade offical 1903 Asus with rog connect OK

Motherboard Work now.

M. BOLTS4BREKFAST, upgrade NVME Testing for M5G.cap. THX YOU SO MUTCH FOR HELP !!!

Rog connect dont upgrade Intel EFI, 8.1.2
Bios Dos upgrade work now but no upgrade INTEL 8.1.2

I need upgrade and use SSD M2 corsair MP500 to adapter M2 PCI-E x4 silverstone EMC21

Thx BOLTS4BREKFAST for help ! :) :) :) i try resume this history for another people :)

Anyone have idea ? Thanks !

BOLTS4BREKFAST
01-26-2018, 12:17 AM
Hi,

Sorry bad english :(

That story ... if that can help anyone in the futur ... or not.

Config :
MAXIMUS V GENE
Intel I5 3570K ( 3gene)
Ram Corsair 4x2 DDR3 CL7
intel ME 8.1.2
Bios 1903

First try : Rog connect fail.
Process : USB Fat32 + M5G.CAP => press + hold 5 second , release when rog blinking
Motherboard no boot no bios => code 00 + cpu light :(

i have bought a new chip for remplace, because anybios never work ( official or not ) motherboard stay code 00

New chip ( Winbond 25q64fvsig 64MB) DIP8
i upgrade offical 1903 Asus with rog connect OK

Motherboard Work now.

M. BOLTS4BREKFAST, upgrade NVME Testing for M5G.cap. THX YOU SO MUTCH FOR HELP !!!

Rog connect dont upgrade Intel EFI, 8.1.2
Bios Dos upgrade work now but no upgrade INTEL 8.1.2

I need upgrade and use SSD M2 corsair MP500 to adapter M2 PCI-E x4 silverstone EMC21

Thx BOLTS4BREKFAST for help ! :) :) :) i try resume this history for another people :)

Anyone have idea ? Thanks !

If you want to upgrade MEI firmware
Open the OneDrive link in my original post and look for file called: Intel MEI (Firmware) 8.1.65.1586.zip

Download and extract the contents of that file.
Then open METool.exe as administrator. Computer will then reboot and upgrade MEI firmware.

kyuby
01-26-2018, 01:00 AM
Thx !

Now intel ME 8.1.6

Now windows 10 can't not reconized M2 MP500 SSD

i wante to clone my system W10 to SSD M2 PCI-E x4 and boot on this.

How please ? Mr.king-of-bios =) :) :) :):cool::cool::cool:

kings-meadow
01-29-2018, 01:42 PM
I have tried to download the modded file for my system, but I got a message saying " this zip file cannot be downloaded " I then tried severa others and got the same message !!

Is there something I don't understand about downloading ??
Thx

KM

insane2323
01-29-2018, 01:55 PM
Hi there everyone. Is there something new in supporting Sandy Bridge E Spectre bios bug? Or anythink new on Spectre bug?

kings-meadow
01-29-2018, 02:10 PM
Download problem was using Edge,,,seems it might have been a security issue that it complained about. Using Chrome the download was ok,

BOLTS4BREKFAST
01-29-2018, 02:30 PM
Download problem was using Edge,,,seems it might have been a security issue that it complained about. Using Chrome the download was ok,

Glad you got it sorted.

BOLTS4BREKFAST
01-29-2018, 02:32 PM
Hi there everyone. Is there something new in supporting Sandy Bridge E Spectre bios bug? Or anythink new on Spectre bug?

In my opinion, I would wait to flash bios until Intel gets their bugs sorted.. shortly after I modded all the files with the latest microcode, Intel pulled ALL the new microcode files. Sheesh.

kings-meadow
01-29-2018, 04:43 PM
Glad you got it sorted.

I have another Asus M'board with a Samsung NVME 950 Pro, and I am so impressed with the performance I thought I would like to see if I can upgrade this legacy Asus P8Z77 WS . And here I find that it may be possible, Quite Exciting,,,

Without going through all the pages on this thread I wonder if someone could point me to the installation instructions that I could follow, to accomplish this.

Thx in advance,
KM

kings-meadow
01-31-2018, 10:31 AM
Glad you got it sorted.

Got it sorted but when I flashed the bios , the system crashed after a restart with the message " Inaccessible Boot Device "

Any ideas ?
KM

BOLTS4BREKFAST
01-31-2018, 12:27 PM
Got it sorted but when I flashed the bios , the system crashed after a restart with the message " Inaccessible Boot Device "

Any ideas ?
KM

The P8Z77WS BIOS in the onedrive link DOES NOT have NVME support.. if it included NVME support, it would be located in the "NVME TESTING" folder.

kings-meadow
01-31-2018, 01:39 PM
I haven't got to that stage, but thx for that info...I only wanted to flash the bios to ensure it worked,,and I'm afraid it doesn't. I am certainly willing to try another version if you have any ideas why it showed the error it did,
KM

BOLTS4BREKFAST
01-31-2018, 01:56 PM
I haven't got to that stage, but thx for that info...I only wanted to flash the bios to ensure it worked,,and I'm afraid it doesn't. I am certainly willing to try another version if you have any ideas why it showed the error it did,
KM

What kind of hard drive are you booting from? Is it UEFI? GPT or MBR?

Whenever you flash bios, bios settings are reset.. do you go back in to bios and change SATA configuration and boot settings? I need more info than you're giving me if you want help..

kings-meadow
01-31-2018, 02:17 PM
Yes I did go into the bios settings and I set them up as they were before the flashed bios. At least I thought I did, I could have made a mistake... I am booting from an SSD Sata drive and is the only one bootable. And I am using Windows 10 Insider.

I am more than willing to provide any info required as I am an experimenter and I love challenges ! Been doing it for more than 40 years

kings-meadow
01-31-2018, 04:35 PM
forgot to add that it is an MBR drive

BOLTS4BREKFAST
01-31-2018, 05:14 PM
forgot to add that it is an MBR drive

is it plugged in to intel sata port or marvell sata port?

kings-meadow
01-31-2018, 05:33 PM
Intel sata port

DarWun
02-01-2018, 01:49 AM
In my opinion, I would wait to flash bios until Intel gets their bugs sorted.. shortly after I modded all the files with the latest microcode, Intel pulled ALL the new microcode files. Sheesh.
I really appreciate the update you provided for the Rampage IV BE motherboard. After Intel pulled the update, I ended up rolling back. I personally found that the performance hit after the January 8 microcode update was applied on an IvyBridge-E 4960X processor was significant. I previously identified that PCMark showed a 30% decrease in performance. 3DMark benchmarks changed minimally, so that was good. But VRMark benchmarks (I own an Oculus Rift) dropped by close to 40%. This took my PC from a "High End PC" to a PC that is barely "VR-Ready" based on VRMark classifications.

Regardless of the benchmark results, system performance when multi-tasking after the update was noticeably sluggish. Before the update I could play a game or surf the web while reencoding recorded tv shows from 1080p to SD. After the update games that previously played without issue while a reencode was in process were unplayable due to stuttering and "hiccups" in framerate, and loading of websites took significantly longer. Very frustrating.

MrKaon
02-04-2018, 01:55 AM
Thanks @BOLTS4BREKFAST

Samsung 960 Pro Nvme + Asus HYPER M.2 x 4
Asus P9X79 Pro UEFI BIOS (CSM Disabled)

https://thumb.ibb.co/c1oxm6/photo_2018_02_04_01_19_29.jpg (https://ibb.co/c1oxm6)

noharmnofear
02-05-2018, 07:43 AM
Heya,

I am new here and have a Asus Rampage IV Extreme with a m.2 PCIe 960 Evo SSD (250GB) (Adpater Card).

I installed a custom bios from the win forums, the NVME is being shown as an Pata SS and it works "fine"....
Speed tests are showing up with 3200 read and 1400 write, but I notice that even though its "fast", its actually slow....slower than a 90 GB Crucial SSD Sata 3.

I tested this multiple times with easy things like extracting files... the m.2 needs nearly a mintue and the sata ssd needs 30 secs or something. Tested the same extracting method on another pc with a sata ssd and its also faster than my "super fast m.2".

I would like to install the updates from here and see if that helps anything... But I cannot find / see the links, and everyone I click on says there are no files found... what am I doing wrong?

My Bios Setup:
CSM UEFI Only
Windows UEFI
SATA was disabled during installation, now its on as AHCI
Fast Boot is on
GPU is on top slot, M.2 is on bottom slot
PCI are all on "GEN3" and the 4 BIOS switches are all "on"

Thanks for any help, thinking of returning this and getting a normal 500gb evo :(...

wayneyeye
02-05-2018, 03:13 PM
It works thanks!
Samsung 960 pro nvme
+RIVE 4

Kuroi
02-06-2018, 06:44 PM
Hello. I'm trying to locate modded bios for RIVE but I can't find any links. First post is just bunch of *.
Also is this modded bios based on 4901 or 4804? I remember 4901 had some wake on lan bug.

deathendz
02-06-2018, 11:48 PM
Hello and I’m in the same boat I don’t see the one drive link for the rampage ib extreme modded bios either?

BOLTS4BREKFAST
02-07-2018, 05:18 PM
**2-7-18 12:15PM EST**
Onedrive Link is back online.. (new link)
Not sure what happened.. but all the files were gone as well. :confused:
Thank goodness for backups :) All of these are the same files that were current prior to disappearing on 2-2-18.
Sorry. :eek:

deathendz
02-07-2018, 08:26 PM
Thank you a lot for this I really appreciate it.

Kuroi
02-07-2018, 09:45 PM
Hello. Thank you for all your work, would it be possible to have modded bios 4804 for Rampage IV Extreme, as 4901 has bug with wake on lan iirc. Thanks

BOLTS4BREKFAST
02-07-2018, 09:55 PM
Hello. Thank you for all your work, would it be possible to have modded bios 4804 for Rampage IV Extreme, as 4901 has bug with wake on lan iirc. Thanks

What WOL bug are you referring to?
I use 4901 with WOL and no issues..

Kuroi
02-08-2018, 12:05 AM
Long time ago, after PC was woken up with WOL, it'd boot fine but no network would be available since the card would show up in device manager as incorrectly loaded or something like that. I searched for quite a long time without no success. I then rolled back to older BIOS and never experienced the issue again. Wrote to ASUS and iirc they confirmed the issue and though promised, an update to fix was never released.

BOLTS4BREKFAST
02-08-2018, 12:16 AM
Long time ago, after PC was woken up with WOL, it'd boot fine but no network would be available since the card would show up in device manager as incorrectly loaded or something like that. I searched for quite a long time without no success. I then rolled back to older BIOS and never experienced the issue again. Wrote to ASUS and iirc they confirmed the issue and though promised, an update to fix was never released.

Interesting. Try the modded 4901.. it has an updated Intel LAN module. Are you using Windows 10?

benjos
02-12-2018, 07:56 AM
I tried the Sabertooth X79 4701 modified BIOS with NVMe (dated January 24, 2018 from the OneDrive) and I was able to get it to boot to Windows 10 from my Samsung 960 Pro. The CMOS shows "PATA SS:" (instead of NVMe) which is what I selected to boot to the Samsung 960 Pro. I have CSM enabled.

Thank you for the updated BIOS.

Kuroi
02-12-2018, 11:15 AM
Sorry it took me so long to get back. I've tried modded bios for R4E and in fact, after some testing, bug that I've mentioned is not present here which is great. Thanks for your work.

BOLTS4BREKFAST
02-12-2018, 12:42 PM
Sorry it took me so long to get back. I've tried modded bios for R4E and in fact, after some testing, bug that I've mentioned is not present here which is great. Thanks for your work.

That's excellent! Glad it worked out for you!:cool:

BOLTS4BREKFAST
02-12-2018, 12:44 PM
I tried the Sabertooth X79 4701 modified BIOS with NVMe (dated January 24, 2018 from the OneDrive) and I was able to get it to boot to Windows 10 from my Samsung 960 Pro. The CMOS shows "PATA SS:" (instead of NVMe) which is what I selected to boot to the Samsung 960 Pro. I have CSM enabled.

Thank you for the updated BIOS.

Glad it works for you! You're welcome! :cool:

luzhanyi
02-12-2018, 01:32 PM
Hi BOLTS4BREKFAST,

Thanks a lot for your work, I've been using your modded bios for my R4E.
I'm now using another rig with 4790 and M7H, and the latest bios version for M7H is 3201 updated on Mar 3rd 2017.
Is it possible for you to update the latest version of the bios please?

Thanks in advanced!

BOLTS4BREKFAST
02-12-2018, 02:20 PM
Hi BOLTS4BREKFAST,

Thanks a lot for your work, I've been using your modded bios for my R4E.
I'm now using another rig with 4790 and M7H, and the latest bios version for M7H is 3201 updated on Mar 3rd 2017.
Is it possible for you to update the latest version of the bios please?

Thanks in advanced!

M7H BIOS 3201 has been modded and added to onedrive link.
Test it out and let me know if it works! :cool:

luzhanyi
02-12-2018, 03:13 PM
M7H BIOS 3201 has been modded and added to onedrive link.
Test it out and let me know if it works! :cool:

Thanks very much!
It's working flawlessly!!!

Kuroi
02-13-2018, 05:04 PM
Hello. Few questions:
- Is it possible to boot from Samsung 960 Evo on R4E using bios from root R4E folder?
- Can two of them work on R4E through M.2 -> PCIe card, like say ASUS HYPER M.2 X4 MINI
- Are there any good alternative to this ASUS card above, as I can't seem to find them here.

BOLTS4BREKFAST
02-13-2018, 09:15 PM
Hello. Few questions:
- Is it possible to boot from Samsung 960 Evo on R4E using bios from root R4E folder?
- Can two of them work on R4E through M.2 -> PCIe card, like say ASUS HYPER M.2 X4 MINI
- Are there any good alternative to this ASUS card above, as I can't seem to find them here.

1) Not from the modded BIOS in root R4E folder.. must use modded BIOS found in "NVME TESTING" folder.
2) I don't see why you couldn't add more than 1 M.2 PCIe card.. maybe someone else can chime in on this questions.
3) I don't know much about M.2 cards as I don't have any M.2 drives myself. Maybe someone else can help you with this question.

Bytewar
02-13-2018, 11:43 PM
Samsung 960 Evo Nvme + Asus HYPER M.2 x 4
Asus P9X79 Pro UEFI BIOS (CSM Auto)

I'm very grateful to thank BOLTS4BREKFAST for the great and hard work he has done.
I bought an Asus P9X79 PRO knowing I could install the Bios with NVME and it worked, I upgraded the BIOS 4701 to 4801.
The Bios saw the NVME disk as Pata SM (I suppose Secondary Master), but windows didn't allow us to install it.
I had to fight for 3 days with the configuration of the Bios, doubting that the correct NVME driver was present as I have a Samsung 960 EVO.
I solved everything by putting the secure boot on other OS, deleting all the certificates of the secure boot and setting the CSM on auto, because with CSM on disabled it didn't work.

BOLTS4BREKFAST
02-14-2018, 12:44 AM
Samsung 960 Evo Nvme + Asus HYPER M.2 x 4
Asus P9X79 Pro UEFI BIOS (CSM Auto)

I am very grateful to thank BOLTS4BREKFAST for the great and hard work he has done.
I bought an Asus P9X79 PRO knowing I could install the Bios with NVME and it worked, I upgraded the BIOS 4701 to 4801.
The Bios saw the NVME disk as Pata SC, but windows did not allow us to install it.
I had to fight for 3 days with the configuration of the Bios, doubting that the correct NVME driver was present as I have a Samsung 960 EVO.
I solved everything by putting the secure boot on other OS, deleting all the certificates of the secure boot and setting the CSM on auto, because with CSM on disabled it did not work.

Thank you for the kind words! I'm glad everything worked out!
Those speeds look awesome!

I'm still on SATA SSD's myself in my rig.. I've been into the car scene a few years - modding and upgrading my car - so my computer has been put on the back burner. My income, unfortunately, doesn't allow for 2 expensive hobbies! LOL (heck, barely even 1)

It's amazing though, that this year, my computer is 6 years old!! And with just GPU upgrades, the RIVE and 3960x still give plenty of power! And *knock on wood* I've been blessed that the only part failure I've had was the pump went out in the H100i last year.. and quickly changed it out with the H100iv2.

Anyway.. enough about me. I'm glad we're able to mod these bios files and give these "old" boards new life and capability!

Kuroi
02-14-2018, 08:44 AM
Lol, I too have R4E, except my cpu is i3930k and I too had H100i which failed :D Good thing, I RMAed it and corsair sent me H100iv2 for free. Also had asus hd7950 die on.

I'm gonna buy two samsung 960 evos and test it out with that bios from testing folder. Is it possible to make it boot from it if I just clone partitions from my current SSD to new one? Without reinstalling OS?

Bytewar
02-14-2018, 10:25 AM
Lol, I too have R4E, except my cpu is i3930k and I too had H100i which failed :D Good thing, I RMAed it and corsair sent me H100iv2 for free. Also had asus hd7950 die on.

I'm gonna buy two samsung 960 evos and test it out with that bios from testing folder. Is it possible to make it boot from it if I just clone partitions from my current SSD to new one? Without reinstalling OS?

It is only possible if you have done an installation in UEFI mode with a GPT partition, as well as having configured the BIOS in the correct way in which it sees the NVME device not only as Pata SS, but with its own firmware name.
If the UEFI Bios sees the device as Pata SS only by not enabling it to UEFI, the M.2 SSD on PCI-E 3.0 x4 will run without boot, but only as data storage after providing the Samsung NVME driver to an already installed operating system on another disk.

Bytewar
02-14-2018, 11:17 AM
Thank you for the kind words! I'm glad everything worked out!
Those speeds look awesome!

I'm still on SATA SSD's myself in my rig.. I've been into the car scene a few years - modding and upgrading my car - so my computer has been put on the back burner. My income, unfortunately, doesn't allow for 2 expensive hobbies! LOL (heck, barely even 1)

It's amazing though, that this year, my computer is 6 years old!! And with just GPU upgrades, the RIVE and 3960x still give plenty of power! And *knock on wood* I've been blessed that the only part failure I've had was the pump went out in the H100i last year.. and quickly changed it out with the H100iv2.

Anyway.. enough about me. I'm glad we're able to mod these bios files and give these "old" boards new life and capability!

The best thing is exactly the lengthening of life of this socket that as IPC has little to envy to those who came after apart from energy consumption.
My next step will be to put an Xeon E5 8-core Ivy Bridge 4GHz with overclocking on the BCLK, but calmly, the more time passes the less the Xeon will cost. :rolleyes:
However, the bench that I got yesterday is the other screenshot with the highest values, really amazing, calculating that I partitioned the ssd in 3 units.

You and Fernando have done a fantastic job, especially you have spared me to do the modding myself by having to study all the guides of Fernando on how to extract the drivers from other Bios, inject them by stacking them correctly, etc.
Believe me, I will not forget about you, you've given new life to an old socket that can now even be used as a high-performance server.

Kuroi
02-15-2018, 10:00 AM
It is only possible if you have done an installation in UEFI mode with a GPT partition, as well as having configured the BIOS in the correct way in which it sees the NVME device not only as Pata SS, but with its own firmware name.
If the UEFI Bios sees the device as Pata SS only by not enabling it to UEFI, the M.2 SSD on PCI-E 3.0 x4 will run without boot, but only as data storage after providing the Samsung NVME driver to an already installed operating system on another disk.

That is how I installed my win 10, yeah, in uefi with gpt partition.
Can you explain this correct bios configuration in details please?

Also, can you (anyone else) advice any good adapter for R4E to go with Samsung 960 Evo?

Bytewar
02-16-2018, 11:00 AM
That is how I installed my win 10, yeah, in uefi with gpt partition.
Can you explain this correct bios configuration in details please?

Also, can you (anyone else) advice any good adapter for R4E to go with Samsung 960 Evo?

The images show my current Boot Bios configuration.
I have no idea if your Rampage IV has a bios equal to my P9X79 PRO.
Currently I have 3 different types of disks.
1 SSD NVME M.2 PCI-E 3.0x4 Samsung 960 EVO 500GB with Asus HYPER adapter M.2 x 4 positioned in the second slot @ 16x
1 Raid 0 on the Samsung SSD 850 Pro 256GBx2 (on Intel sata III ports, 1GB/s reading and 0,74GB/s writing)
1 Raid 0 on the Western Digital Black Caviar 500GBx2 (on Intel sata II ports, only 0,250 GB/s, positioned where the lower band sata II isn't a bottleneck)
I proceeded like this:
1) Advanced Menu, Sata, disable all sata
2) Boot menu, Secure Boot, delete all Platform Key (once in the Secure Boot sub-menu look at the top left there is the delete button)
3) Secure Boot menu set to Other OS
4) CSM menu set to Auto.
Saved changes.
At this point I started the PC from USB UEFI bootable and installed the first OS (Win 7 Pro Sp1) on the Samsung 960 Evo.
Once I was successful I returned to the Bios Advanced Menu, Sata menu and I put everything in Raid, then I saved by restarting.
After I entered the Bios Raid (CTRL + I) and created the two Raid volumes and so I finished everything.
For the adapter for maximum compatibility I recommend the Asus HYPER M.2 x 4, works very well on other brands (tested on another platform LGA 2011 with AsRock X79 Extreme 4 motherboard).
That's all.

Kuroi
02-19-2018, 09:57 AM
Hello Bytewar. Thanks for detailed explanation, I will try it out when my adapters arrive.
I got some ezfab adapter or something on Amazon and had to use forwarding service for USA->UA cause for some weird reason there are none available here. I saw ASUS hyper m.2 x4 there, but it was like 54$ and that's more expensive than it should be. On ebay, there are tons of them from 18$ and up but don't have full original packing, and there are tons of them for some reason so I didn't risk it.

robsoncomp
02-19-2018, 11:23 AM
**ALL FILES ARE BACK ONLINE** Feb 7th 2018
Not sure what happened here.. Link and files have been down since the 2nd. Also, I'm unable to find a cached version of my original post..
So I won't be listing here what motherboards and BIOS versions are available..
just click the link below and search.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Amy65Cmu51iJz0V3k_NiiOPPHY31

*That link should take you to the main folder where you can find the motherboard model you want along with the bios version.*

*if you have a special request for another bios revision just post on this thread or PM me... please be patient since for some reason I no longer receive email notifications from Asus Forum when I get PM's or to subscribed threads.*

**if you'd like to make a donation follow the link below. Thank you!**
https://www.paypal.me/gmpcrepair

**MUST BE FLASHED USING BIOS FLASHBACK METHOD**
http://event.asus.com/2012/mb/usb_bios_flashback_guide/
================================================== ================================================== =====================

You could post the motherboard bios asus P8Z77-V DELUXE.
I have a doubt, like this update, outside samsung 960, will it be compatible with all nvme, type corsair mp500?
Thanks for the help.

Bytewar
02-19-2018, 03:12 PM
Hello Bytewar. Thanks for detailed explanation, I will try it out when my adapters arrive.
I got some ezfab adapter or something on Amazon and had to use forwarding service for USA->UA cause for some weird reason there are none available here. I saw ASUS hyper m.2 x4 there, but it was like 54$ and that's more expensive than it should be. On ebay, there are tons of them from 18$ and up but don't have full original packing, and there are tons of them for some reason so I didn't risk it.

Please Kuroi.
I haven't risked with adapters other than Asus.
Surely it's the most compatible of all on Asus motherboards.
I bought the Asus HYPER adapter M.2 x 4 in e-shop from Germany for 40 euros and saw the result I'm happy.
Having bought many new things (watercooling, case, ssd Samsung nvme, graphics card, adapeter for M.2 to PCI-E) it didn't go through my head to look for the used adapter.
On ebay when the seller has 100% reliability and isn't registered recently with little feedback, I always go quiet, if there is a scam I will be refunded by Pyapal.

Bytewar
02-19-2018, 03:31 PM
I have a private message hanging that isn't displayed.
Apparently private messages don't work.
Please don't send me PM, I cannot read them.
If someone needs the Samsung NVME driver to install Win 7 in Uefi mode give me a nod, I have the original Samsung WHQL driver, without that to install Windows 7 in UEFI mode on NVME is impossible.
Know that the reactivity of the machine changes little, you don't perceive a 700% increase in reading and start times compared to a SSD in Sata III, the big difference is on the bench, not in use.
I invite everyone to thank BOLTS4BREKFAST because he has worked so many hours to change all those Bios.
Greetings to all.

Kuroi
02-19-2018, 10:53 PM
Bytewar, if I could buy asus hyper m.2 in Ukraine, I would alas no shops in Ukraine sell it atm. Like literally none. So I went with this EZDIY-FAB (new of course, not used) which had decent reviews. All that is left now is to wait and see how it performs. If it's gonna be ****, I guess I'll have no other choice to but look for Asus hyper m.2 somewhere.

Kuroi
02-26-2018, 04:02 PM
Got my adaptors finally and I'm happy to report that everything is working fine so far.
Benchmark (https://i.imgur.com/tzQgJIL.jpg)
Win 10 boots from this new SSD, even though at first BIOS only saw it as SS PATA. After I cloned my old SSD to it, it started seeing it as it should.
The only problem I had is that CPU, Audio and Mei showed up in Device manager as their drivers couldn't be loaded (code 32)
Thank you for all your help.

Ice009
02-27-2018, 04:34 AM
Hey guys, I've got a Rampage 4 Formula with a 3930K, if I want to try one of these modded BIOS files with an ASUS Hyper M.2 X4 and a M.2 NVMe drive, do I need to get an Ivy Bridge CPU as the SB-E only has PCI-e 2.0? Would that matter?

Also, would I be able to boot from the NVMe drive?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I haven't really looked at upgrading hardware for a while as this setup still does mostly what I want.

Bytewar
02-27-2018, 09:09 PM
Got my adaptors finally and I'm happy to report that everything is working fine so far.
Benchmark (https://i.imgur.com/tzQgJIL.jpg)
Win 10 boots from this new SSD, even though at first BIOS only saw it as SS PATA. After I cloned my old SSD to it, it started seeing it as it should.
The only problem I had is that CPU, Audio and Mei showed up in Device manager as their drivers couldn't be loaded (code 32)
Thank you for all your help.

Uninstall each driver of those devices and reinstall them again.
The error, very easily, is due to the modification of the BIOS along with the cloning of Windows, in the windows registry usually there are missing keys.

Bytewar
02-27-2018, 09:15 PM
Hey guys, I've got a Rampage 4 Formula with a 3930K, if I want to try one of these modded BIOS files with an ASUS Hyper M.2 X4 and a M.2 NVMe drive, do I need to get an Ivy Bridge CPU as the SB-E only has PCI-e 2.0? Would that matter?

Also, would I be able to boot from the NVMe drive?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I haven't really looked at upgrading hardware for a while as this setup still does mostly what I want.

You don't need an upgrade to 4930K.
The 40 lines of the Sandy Bridge-E CPU also work at 3.0, it lacks the certification, only this, I'm writing from a PC that has the lines of the i7 3930K CPU running at 3.0 with the modified BIOS and booting from NVME.
Your every doubt isn't founded.

Kuroi
02-28-2018, 12:37 AM
Uninstall each driver of those devices and reinstall them again.
The error, very easily, is due to the modification of the BIOS along with the cloning of Windows, in the windows registry usually there are missing keys.

I tried to clone it with a different software and didn't encounter these problems. So far, the only problem that remains is win 10 activation that fell off.
If I click "I recently changed my hardware" it won't show me my current PC (and yes, I'm using correct ms account)

Bytewar
02-28-2018, 01:20 PM
I tried to clone it with a different software and didn't encounter these problems. So far, the only problem that remains is win 10 activation that fell off.
If I click "I recently changed my hardware" it won't show me my current PC (and yes, I'm using correct ms account)

Ok Kuroi.
Then try this:
1) if you have the license key of Windows 10 turn off the router, run offline windows activation via phone call using the instructions that will appear in that way (you have to reactivate Windows 10);
2) if you don't have the Windows 10 license key, look for SIW by Gabriel Topala and read the license key with that program, then perform step 1.

Kuroi
03-01-2018, 12:17 PM
I have win 10 upgraded from win7. The only key I could fine was default win 10 pro key. After trying loads of various solutions from around they net, I went and contacted chat support. Guy asked me for error code it was giving me so I went to troubleshooter to see the code and lo and behold, it just went "We've activated this copy of Windows". Certainly weird but it works so I can't really complain. But I'm not wiping my old SSD for now lol in case some weird stuff surfaces.

Ice009
03-02-2018, 02:50 AM
You don't need an upgrade to 4930K.
The 40 lines of the Sandy Bridge-E CPU also work at 3.0, it lacks the certification, only this, I'm writing from a PC that has the lines of the i7 3930K CPU running at 3.0 with the modified BIOS and booting from NVME.
Your every doubt isn't founded.

Hi Bytewar, thanks. I thought you had to have an Ivy Bridge CPU to be able to use the PCI-e 3.0 lanes. I didn't realize you can still use them with a SB-E CPU . Does the modified BIOS allow you to use those 3.0 lanes or could you still do it without the modified BIOS?

Speaking of the BIOS, if for whatever reason, can you flash back to an official BIOS if you wanted to later on? Do you need use BIOS flashback to do so?

Also, should I re-install a fresh copy of Windows 10 on the new drive when I get it? I think I would prefer to install a fresh copy. I also don't have my current copy linked to a Microsoft account. Should I do that, or since it's not a major hardware change, will it activate if I just get my Windows 10 key and input that during install?

BOLTS4BREKFAST
03-03-2018, 06:26 PM
Hi Bytewar, thanks. I thought you had to have an Ivy Bridge CPU to be able to use the PCI-e 3.0 lanes. I didn't realize you can still use them with a SB-E CPU . Does the modified BIOS allow you to use those 3.0 lanes or could you still do it without the modified BIOS?

Speaking of the BIOS, if for whatever reason, can you flash back to an official BIOS if you wanted to later on? Do you need use BIOS flashback to do so?

Also, should I re-install a fresh copy of Windows 10 on the new drive when I get it? I think I would prefer to install a fresh copy. I also don't have my current copy linked to a Microsoft account. Should I do that, or since it's not a major hardware change, will it activate if I just get my Windows 10 key and input that during install?

If you want to flash an OEM bios after using a modded bios, you don't have to flash it using flashback method.
I would suggest a clean copy of OS instead of a clone.

SnAFKe
03-04-2018, 06:45 PM
Maybe is a stupid quest but if i flash i lost my settings?

I not touch so long my BIOS and i OC my CPU that time remember cost me to reach my current OC and i not have the time and testing again for stable OC.

Bytewar
03-04-2018, 10:06 PM

Hi Ice,
I prefer re-install a fresh copy of Windows on the new drive.
I haven't changed the Bios, I used the one done by BOLTS4BREKFAST directly from the original Bios 4701 to its 4801 modified with the NVME driver.
Since 2011 it is known that the Sandy Bridge-E has the working PCI-E 3.0 lines.
Read here: https://www.anandtech.com/show/5264/sandy-bridge-e-x79-pcie-30-it-works
Just set the BIOS on GEN3 for PCI-E ports and you're done.
On the Asus P9X79 PRO the menu is in Advance Mode, Advanced, System Agent Configuration.
The thing also works on all other brands of motherboards, I'm sure.
Even the benchmarks of my NVME disk are clear, it would be impossible to have those values without having the active PCI-E 3.0 lines.
Allow me a tip: if you really want to change CPU buy a Xeon Ivy Bridge eight cores e5-2667 v2.

Bytewar
03-04-2018, 10:11 PM
Maybe is a stupid quest but if i flash i lost my settings?

I not touch so long my BIOS and i OC my CPU that time remember cost me to reach my current OC and i not have the time and testing again for stable OC.

Yes, you lost your setting.
But it's really simple, take some pictures of your OC configurations before flashing the BIOS and repeating them on the new Bios.

Ice009
03-05-2018, 03:57 AM
Hi Ice,
I prefer re-install a fresh copy of Windows on the new drive.
I haven't changed the Bios, I used the one done by BOLTS4BREKFAST directly from the original Bios 4701 to its 4801 modified with the NVME driver.
Since 2011 it is known that the Sandy Bridge-E has the working PCI-E 3.0 lines.
Read here: https://www.anandtech.com/show/5264/sandy-bridge-e-x79-pcie-30-it-works
Just set the BIOS on GEN3 for PCI-E ports and you're done.
On the Asus P9X79 PRO the menu is in Advance Mode, Advanced, System Agent Configuration.
The thing also works on all other brands of motherboards, I'm sure.
Even the benchmarks of my NVME disk are clear, it would be impossible to have those values without having the active PCI-E 3.0 lines.
Allow me a tip: if you really want to change CPU buy a Xeon Ivy Bridge eight cores e5-2667 v2.

Hi Bytewar,

I didn't know that you could still get PCI-e 3.0 without an Ivy Bridge CPU. I was going off of Z68 and Z77 where I am sure that you needed an IVY Bridge CPU to be able to use the PCI-e 3.0 lanes.

I think I actually already have mine set to 3.0 in the BIOS (I'm pretty sure I have), but I didn't think the slots were running at 3.0 speeds. The main reason I was worried about it is because I have 2 x GTX 680s and an X-Fi sound card already installed. I would have to put the Asus Hyper M.2 expansion card in the 4th PCI-e x8 slot, which I thought would run at x8 PCI-e 2.0, so I thought the performance of the NVMe SSD might be compromised at x8 PCI-e 2.0 speeds.

Also, thanks for the tip about the Xeon. I remember a while back reading on Overclock.net where you can get one of those Xeon's if you want one last decent upgrade on X79. Where would I go to buy one? Ebay? I've very interested in upgrading to one. Also, the one you recommended, can you still overclock on that one? I know on some of them you can't.

Bytewar
03-05-2018, 01:10 PM
Hi Bytewar,

I didn't know that you could still get PCI-e 3.0 without an Ivy Bridge CPU. I was going off of Z68 and Z77 where I am sure that you needed an IVY Bridge CPU to be able to use the PCI-e 3.0 lanes.

I think I actually already have mine set to 3.0 in the BIOS (I'm pretty sure I have), but I didn't think the slots were running at 3.0 speeds. The main reason I was worried about it is because I have 2 x GTX 680s and an X-Fi sound card already installed. I would have to put the Asus Hyper M.2 expansion card in the 4th PCI-e x8 slot, which I thought would run at x8 PCI-e 2.0, so I thought the performance of the NVMe SSD might be compromised at x8 PCI-e 2.0 speeds.

Also, thanks for the tip about the Xeon. I remember a while back reading on Overclock.net where you can get one of those Xeon's if you want one last decent upgrade on X79. Where would I go to buy one? Ebay? I've very interested in upgrading to one. Also, the one you recommended, can you still overclock on that one? I know on some of them you can't.

Hi Ice,
please.
With Sandy Bridge to have the 3.0 PCI-E lines with Nvidia graphics cards you need a specific patch and it only works on X79.
Here: http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3135/~/geforce-gen3-support-on-x79-platform
And here: https://www.techpowerup.com/168027/nvidia-releases-pci-express-gen-3-0-enabling-patch-for-sandy-bridge-e-hedt-platform
Nvidia with its drivers has blocked Sandy Bridge CPUs on PCI-E 2.0 lines because 3.0 are not certified and Nvidia said: "We have tested GeForce GTX 680 and GTX 670 GPUs across a number of X79/SNB-E platforms at 8GT/s bus speeds, but have seen significant variation in signal timing across different motherboards and CPUs. Therefore we’ve decided to only support and guarantee PCI Express 2.0 bus speeds on X79/SNB-E with our standard release drivers. Native PCI Express 3.0 platforms (like Ivy Bridge) will run at 8GT/s bus speeds with our standard release drivers".
Amd Ati didn't put this limitation, as evidenced by the link I gave you in the other post (Anandtech link).
The Samsung driver doesn't carry this limitation.
I use an Nvidia graphics card (1080Ti) and I let the driver limit the speed of the PCI-E bus to the standard 2.0, the maximum power loss is ridiculous, in the order of 1% on an @ 16x slot.
That said, the Xeons E5 are not OC through the multiplier, but only with the BCLK.
Personally on an eight-core Ivy Bridge both for reasons of energy consumption, and for reasons of stability, I would not go beyond 4.3 GHz.
At that point, you would have an IPC of less than 10% compared to the latest eight-core Intel X299 solutions.
Regards.

SnAFKe
03-05-2018, 03:48 PM
Yes, you lost your setting.
But it's really simple, take some pictures of your OC configurations before flashing the BIOS and repeating them on the new Bios.

That is the problem, i remember that time i do that and not working. Not remember exactly if i undervolt, highvolt or downgrade my OC, but it is clear to me that I applied another OC that I had previously to able get stable my PC not ask me why but that's the way things were.

Ice009
03-05-2018, 05:35 PM
If you want to flash an OEM bios after using a modded bios, you don't have to flash it using flashback method.
I would suggest a clean copy of OS instead of a clone.

Hi BOLTS4BREKFAST,

Thanks for the tips. I also wanted to ask, are you able to do a modified BIOS for my other Motherboard? It's the P8Z77-V Pro. If you are able to, that would be awesome. Also, if you can do it, absolutely no hurry on that.

By the way, maybe someone else can answer this as it's probably been answered earlier in the thread already, but what else does BOLTS4BREKFAST update in the BIOS apart from the NVMe capability?

Hi Ice,
please.
With Sandy Bridge to have the 3.0 PCI-E lines with Nvidia graphics cards you need a specific patch and it only works on X79.
Here: http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3135/~/geforce-gen3-support-on-x79-platform
And here: https://www.techpowerup.com/168027/nvidia-releases-pci-express-gen-3-0-enabling-patch-for-sandy-bridge-e-hedt-platform
Nvidia with its drivers has blocked Sandy Bridge CPUs on PCI-E 2.0 lines because 3.0 are not certified and Nvidia said: "We have tested GeForce GTX 680 and GTX 670 GPUs across a number of X79/SNB-E platforms at 8GT/s bus speeds, but have seen significant variation in signal timing across different motherboards and CPUs. Therefore we’ve decided to only support and guarantee PCI Express 2.0 bus speeds on X79/SNB-E with our standard release drivers. Native PCI Express 3.0 platforms (like Ivy Bridge) will run at 8GT/s bus speeds with our standard release drivers".
Amd Ati didn't put this limitation, as evidenced by the link I gave you in the other post (Anandtech link).
The Samsung driver doesn't carry this limitation.
I use an Nvidia graphics card (1080Ti) and I let the driver limit the speed of the PCI-E bus to the standard 2.0, the maximum power loss is ridiculous, in the order of 1% on an @ 16x slot.
That said, the Xeons E5 are not OC through the multiplier, but only with the BCLK.
Personally on an eight-core Ivy Bridge both for reasons of energy consumption, and for reasons of stability, I would not go beyond 4.3 GHz.
At that point, you would have an IPC of less than 10% compared to the latest eight-core Intel X299 solutions.
Regards.

Thanks for all that information. I'll read the links you posted. I guess whenever I do upgrade my graphics card, I'd only get one card, and from what I have read, it doesn't seem to make much difference in performance from PCI-e 2.0 x16 to PCI-e 3.0 x16 for a single graphics card of the current generation.

I also had a look at prices of E5-2667 V2s on Ebay and it seems they are quite expensive still (around $400+ AUD), so I'm not sure if it's worth spending that much money on one. If I do ever get one, I'd only want to overclock it to about 4.2Ghz.

GetMax
03-07-2018, 05:31 PM
Thanks for still updating bioses. Sent you a small donation a couple of days ago. Hope you keep up the good work! Cheers

Ice009
03-08-2018, 02:37 AM
Are there other things updated in the NVMe BIOSes, or are they just the stock BIOS with NVMe support added to them?

Also, what's the difference between the BIOS files in the 'NVME Testing' folder and the main folder? Is it only the ones in the NVMe Testing folder that have the NVMe mods? If the ones in the main folder have different updates, how do I get those updates? Can I install that BIOS first then install the NVMe BIOS?

One other question, can anyone recommend a few different cloning programs or backup software? Preferably something free.

My current SSD is failing (it's down to 8% health according to Crystal Disk Info), so I wanted to back it up before it fails. I always do a clean install when installing Windows on a new or different SSD/HDD, but I just want to backup the SSD before it fails so I can still have access to some of the files on it. I also gotta figure out what the heck is causing all the writes on it. There's no point in me getting a new SSD yet if my current one has been writing over 10GB or data to it per day. I downloaded HD Sentinel, and in only one day it reported over 10GB of data had been written to the SSD. It was at 100% health over 6 months ago and since then it had slowly gone down. I thought it was due to the age of it (Crucial M4 that is about 5 years old), but it appears the failure is due to excessive amounts of data written to it.

restsugavan
03-08-2018, 02:01 PM
ASUS RAMPAGE IV EXTREME within lastest microcode against Spectre/Meltdown here.
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?100663-ASUS-RAMPAGE-IV-EXTREME-BIOS-4901-MODDED-With-0713-Microcode-patch-here!

*http://img.in.th/images/6c6d053a64fe047ba2e87586dfdf712c.md.png (http://img.in.th/image/uYgTS9)
Ivy Bridge E/EN use new 0X1F microcode as production microcode instead the old*

*http://img.in.th/images/6c6d053a64fe047ba2e87586dfdf712c.md.png (http://img.in.th/image/uYgTS9)
Sandy Bridge E /EP use new 0713 microcode as production microcode instead of old 0710***

Cheerful and regards *

darthsant
03-09-2018, 11:09 AM
GREAT BOLTS4BREKFAST, New Microcode UPDATE Ivi-Bridge 0x42C ,You could do the same with 4901 bios of the Rampage gene IV?

Thanks so much

BOLTS4BREKFAST
03-11-2018, 02:21 AM
I will work on updating microcode tomorrow. I'll make a post after bios files are updated. Thanks for giving me a heads up!

insane2323
03-11-2018, 01:12 PM
I would also lovo to update bios of my R4F to the latest microcode and also to NVe. Thanks in advandce for the Great job. I§m useing Xeon E5 2680 V2 Ivy-B E

BOLTS4BREKFAST
03-11-2018, 10:15 PM
As of today at 6:15PM EST, All BIOS files have been updated with latest microcode. Most of them also have updated INTEL EFI LAN ROM.
Let me know how it goes! :cool:

BOLTS4BREKFAST
03-11-2018, 10:26 PM
Thanks for still updating bioses. Sent you a small donation a couple of days ago. Hope you keep up the good work! Cheers
Donation received and much appreciated! Thank you! Make sure you download the updated BIOS! - I patched all BIOS files TODAY with updated microcode.

BOLTS4BREKFAST
03-11-2018, 11:53 PM
Are there other things updated in the NVMe BIOSes, or are they just the stock BIOS with NVMe support added to them?

Also, what's the difference between the BIOS files in the 'NVME Testing' folder and the main folder? Is it only the ones in the NVMe Testing folder that have the NVMe mods? If the ones in the main folder have different updates, how do I get those updates? Can I install that BIOS first then install the NVMe BIOS?

One other question, can anyone recommend a few different cloning programs or backup software? Preferably something free.

My current SSD is failing (it's down to 8% health according to Crystal Disk Info), so I wanted to back it up before it fails. I always do a clean install when installing Windows on a new or different SSD/HDD, but I just want to backup the SSD before it fails so I can still have access to some of the files on it. I also gotta figure out what the heck is causing all the writes on it. There's no point in me getting a new SSD yet if my current one has been writing over 10GB or data to it per day. I downloaded HD Sentinel, and in only one day it reported over 10GB of data had been written to the SSD. It was at 100% health over 6 months ago and since then it had slowly gone down. I thought it was due to the age of it (Crucial M4 that is about 5 years old), but it appears the failure is due to excessive amounts of data written to it.

I just added BIOS 2104 For P8Z77-V PRO. I also added NVME module. If you want NVME support - download the one in the NVME TESTING folder.

Here is what's updated in the BIOS file for your board:
updated OROM IRST and EFI IRST 15.1.0.2545
updated EFI Intel GOP Ivybridge 3.0.1030 Sandybridge 2.0.1024
updated Intel OROM PXE 1.5.62 and Intel EFI UNDI 6.6.04
updated CPU Microcode

**Both BIOS files have the same updates installed. The only difference is that the one in the NVME TESTING folder ALSO includes NVME module.**
So if you don't want NVME - just download the one in the main folder.

As far as cloning software goes.. there's quite a few out there.. here's one that comes to mind.
https://www.easeus.com/backup-software/tb-free.html

Ice009
03-12-2018, 08:51 AM
I just added BIOS 2104 For P8Z77-V PRO. I also added NVME module. If you want NVME support - download the one in the NVME TESTING folder.

Here is what's updated in the BIOS file for your board:
updated OROM IRST and EFI IRST 15.1.0.2545
updated EFI Intel GOP Ivybridge 3.0.1030 Sandybridge 2.0.1024
updated Intel OROM PXE 1.5.62 and Intel EFI UNDI 6.6.04
updated CPU Microcode

**Both BIOS files have the same updates installed. The only difference is that the one in the NVME TESTING folder ALSO includes NVME module.**
So if you don't want NVME - just download the one in the main folder.

As far as cloning software goes.. there's quite a few out there.. here's one that comes to mind.
https://www.easeus.com/backup-software/tb-free.html

Hey BOLTS4BREKFAST, thanks a lot for doing that BIOS for my other board, and also thanks for all the information on what the BIOS files contain update wise. Does updating all those things ever cause issues? I'd assume it's always better to have newer versions of the IRST and Intel EFT LAN ROM?

How come Asus don't update that stuff too often? I know some of the earlier BIOSes I installed did have some of those updates. Anyone can answer this question, doesn't have to be BOLTS4BREKFAST as I know he is a bit busy.

Also, can I ask why you made separate ones with NVMe instead of just the one version? Is that because the NVMe ones might have a higher chance of causing issues?

Sorry for all the questions. You don't have to answer if you're too busy.

BOLTS4BREKFAST
03-12-2018, 10:41 AM
Hey BOLTS4BREKFAST, thanks a lot for doing that BIOS for my other board, and also thanks for all the information on what the BIOS files contain update wise. Does updating all those things ever cause issues? I'd assume it's always better to have newer versions of the IRST and Intel EFT LAN ROM?

How come Asus don't update that stuff too often? I know some of the earlier BIOSes I installed did have some of those updates. Anyone can answer this question, doesn't have to be BOLTS4BREKFAST as I know he is a bit busy.

Also, can I ask why you made separate ones with NVMe instead of just the one version? Is that because the NVMe ones might have a higher chance of causing issues?

Sorry for all the questions. You don't have to answer if you're too busy.

1) As far as I know, my updated bios files haven't caused any issues for anyone.

2) Newer isn't always necessarily better in terms of IRST.. it's important that BIOS IRST ROM version and driver version you have installed in your OS are in the same version family for best results.. for example - Bios has 15.X RST ROM - therefore, install 15.X RST driver/software. You can also do your own before/after performance testing to see if the newer ROM gives you better (or same) performance.

3) Asus can't possibly support updating every single bios version for every motherboard that they have.. that would take a lot of man power and time. Furthermore, there's limits as to how long the current module will support the chipset/motherboard that you're trying to update.. For example - IRST latest version is 16.x - but that version isn't compatible with x79 chipset.. so that's why there's no BIOS file with 16.x RST ROM for x79 boards. So in other words, there's a fair amount of time, knowledge, and research that goes into modding these files.. you can't just simply included all the latest and greatest and expect it to work properly.

4) I made separate NVME and Non-NVME versions just because not everyone wants or uses NVME. And originally, it was just to test compatibility.. so I knew whether or not NVME module would cause other issues vs Non-NVME versions.

Just give it a try and see how it works for YOU. If you don't like it, or it doesn't work properly, either let me know, and I can check to see if it's an issue with the bios file, or you can simply just flash the OEM BIOS from Asus website.

Ice009
03-12-2018, 11:40 AM
Hi BOLTS4BREKFAST,

I wasn't trying to say/imply that your BIOSes might have issues, I was just asking if it's possible to get issues from updating all that stuff.

So for IRST drivers, I'd need to get the version that matches your update for best performance and to also have better compatibility? Would others still work if I couldn't find that version? Where would I go to get 15.x version of RST drivers?

Also, do I need to match up any of the other things you updated. Do I need to get the latest LAN drivers too?

Thanks for explaining how updating this stuff would work if Asus were to do it. I guess they wouldn't release anything without testing it thoroughly, and it would take too much time for them to go through all their old Motherboards as they can't just update it without testing it. I also didn't think about matching up each BIOS update ROM version number to the corresponding driver/software versions, and also the module not being able to support the hardware after a certain point.

Thanks for all the awesome work, I will try and give you a donation at some point in the next few weeks. Got some otherf stuff to pay for right now (outside of computers), but I'll try and give you some sort of donation if/when I can.

I will definitely give your BIOSes a try. Right now I'm just using a regular HDD as I can't afford to buy an NVMe SSD and expansion card to test it out (got other things outside of computer hardware that I have to prioritize first). I might even have to end up buying a regular SATA SSD that has a higher TBW rating as I seem to chew through quite a bit of writes on a per day basis. I have to have a lot at what the TBW rating is on these newer NVMe SSDs.

Has anyone tried a cheaper or different PCI-e NVMe expansion card other than the Asus one? That's the one I'd prefer to get, but it's $50 AUD and there is other brands that are around 30-40% cheaper.

One other question, when downgrading the BIOS version, or if switching back to an OEM version, do those ROM updates remain, or do they get downgraded to an older version?

Squidmaster7
03-12-2018, 02:20 PM
Hello BOLTS4BREKFAST, Would it be possible for me to get a fully updated BIOS and NVME for the Rampage IV Formula without the microcode update? I want to put a NVME card in my system but don't want the performance impact of the update. *Right now I'm running stock 5001 BIOS. Regarding installing a flashed BIOS, is it the same process as normal where you put on a flash drive? Is there a guide somewhere I can consult? Has anyone had any luck adding a bootable Samsung 960 Pro to their system? Are there any performance impacts? Thanks for your help ALL!

BOLTS4BREKFAST
03-13-2018, 02:14 AM
Hi BOLTS4BREKFAST,

I wasn't trying to say/imply that your BIOSes might have issues, I was just asking if it's possible to get issues from updating all that stuff.

So for IRST drivers, I'd need to get the version that matches your update for best performance and to also have better compatibility? Would others still work if I couldn't find that version? Where would I go to get 15.x version of RST drivers?

Also, do I need to match up any of the other things you updated. Do I need to get the latest LAN drivers too?

Thanks for explaining how updating this stuff would work if Asus were to do it. I guess they wouldn't release anything without testing it thoroughly, and it would take too much time for them to go through all their old Motherboards as they can't just update it without testing it. I also didn't think about matching up each BIOS update ROM version number to the corresponding driver/software versions, and also the module not being able to support the hardware after a certain point.

Thanks for all the awesome work, I will try and give you a donation at some point in the next few weeks. Got some otherf stuff to pay for right now (outside of computers), but I'll try and give you some sort of donation if/when I can.

I will definitely give your BIOSes a try. Right now I'm just using a regular HDD as I can't afford to buy an NVMe SSD and expansion card to test it out (got other things outside of computer hardware that I have to prioritize first). I might even have to end up buying a regular SATA SSD that has a higher TBW rating as I seem to chew through quite a bit of writes on a per day basis. I have to have a lot at what the TBW rating is on these newer NVMe SSDs.

Has anyone tried a cheaper or different PCI-e NVMe expansion card other than the Asus one? That's the one I'd prefer to get, but it's $50 AUD and there is other brands that are around 30-40% cheaper.

One other question, when downgrading the BIOS version, or if switching back to an OEM version, do those ROM updates remain, or do they get downgraded to an older version?

I knew what you meant. ;)
1) I'm currently using Intel RST Driver 15.2.10.1044
You can download it here: http://station-drivers.com/download/www/intel/rst/intel_rst_15.2.10.1044(www.station-drivers.com).exe
**Yes, there are newer versions of IRST 15.X .. I believe 15.9.1.1018 is the newest.. I use 15.2.10.1044 because it's what gave ME the best results.. your results on your board and hardware may vary.**

2) Drivers for LAN module doesn't have to be the latest version.

3) When "downgrading" back to OEM from Asus Website, you will lose ALL the updated modules.

BOLTS4BREKFAST
03-13-2018, 02:43 AM
Hello BOLTS4BREKFAST, Would it be possible for me to get a fully updated BIOS and NVME for the Rampage IV Formula without the microcode update? I want to put a NVME card in my system but don't want the performance impact of the update. *Right now I'm running stock 5001 BIOS. Regarding installing a flashed BIOS, is it the same process as normal where you put on a flash drive? Is there a guide somewhere I can consult? Has anyone had any luck adding a bootable Samsung 960 Pro to their system? Are there any performance impacts? Thanks for your help ALL!

*Please PM me with your BIOS request so I can send you the file directly.

To flash a modded BIOS, follow the instructions listed here:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?1142-How-to-use-ASUS-ROG-USB-BIOS-Flashback

restsugavan
03-13-2018, 09:13 AM
*Please PM me with your BIOS request so I can send you the file directly.

To flash a modded BIOS, follow the instructions listed here:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?1142-How-to-use-ASUS-ROG-USB-BIOS-Flashback

Cheerful King of Modded BIOS BOLTS4BREAKFAST ! Welcome back !!! Please update modded BIOS recently :o

Bytewar
03-13-2018, 10:54 AM
Hi BOLTS4BREKFAST,

[CUT]

With the same NAND (MLC or TLC) and GB size of the SSD disk, there is no difference in TBW.
To check the theoretical longevity, TBW = (capacity [Gb]) x (cycles [P/E]).
Programming and Deleting [P/E cycles], ie for each time I change the cell status.
To estimate the duration in years, just divide the TBW for the workload, ie the amount of data that is written daily [Gb/day] projected on average at 1 year.
Longevity in number of years = TBW/(daily writes x 365).
Here all the technical specs of the Samsung 960 series: http://www.tomshardware.com/news/samsung-960-evo-960-pro-nvme-ssds,32732.html
I understand the number of doubts you have, but IMHO they are excessive.
The introduction of NVME disks as standard for boot disks is the guarantee that the technology is as mature as that of SSD Sata, to understand it is enough to know that they use the same NAND technology and lithography dimensions.
The difference in performance is due exclusively:
1) from the controller;
2) from the firmware for that controller and band with its communication protocol;
3) from the available band.
There are no risks and contraindications to using a NVME SSD, of any kind, compared to a SSD Sata.
For the adapter you can buy an Asus used on ebay or do as Kuroi who bought a new EZDIY-FAB.
Greetings.

Bytewar
03-13-2018, 11:06 AM
As of today at 6:15PM EST, All BIOS files have been updated with latest microcode. Most of them also have updated INTEL EFI LAN ROM.
Let me know how it goes! :cool:

Simply wonderful!

I suggest updating the thread title with the correct EFI INTEL version.

BOLTS4BREKFAST
03-13-2018, 11:59 AM
Simply wonderful!

I think only a moderator or admin can change the thread title..
I've tried looking for where to change it before.. I don't see the option anywhere.

BOLTS4BREKFAST
03-13-2018, 12:01 PM
Simply wonderful!

Bytewar... Have you done a speed comparison with the old microcode vs the new? Just curious.

Bytewar
03-13-2018, 12:14 PM
Bytewar... Have you done a speed comparison with the old microcode vs the new? Just curious.

No, I only found out today that you updated the BIOS with the Intel microcode.
I have two copies of the old modified BIOS without the new microcode.
I could try the new NVME BIOS and if I measure a significant loss of CPU CPI with back actions on the PCI-E BUSs, go back to the current BIOS without the new microcode.

BOLTS4BREKFAST
03-13-2018, 12:42 PM
No, I only found out today that you updated the BIOS with the Intel microcode.
I have two copies of the old modified BIOS without the new microcode.
I could try the new NVME BIOS and if I measure a significant loss of CPU CPI with back actions on the PCI-E BUSs, go back to the current BIOS without the new microcode.

Sounds good. Let us know what you find out.

GetMax
03-15-2018, 04:16 PM
Hi Bolts4breakfast
just read this today

**Intel and Microsoft release final Spectre Patches up to and including Sandy Bridge
*https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/intel-and-microsoft-release-final-spectre-patches-up-to-and-including-sandy-bridge.419949/

Cheers
/GetMax**

BOLTS4BREKFAST
03-18-2018, 09:10 PM
Hi Bolts4breakfast
just read this today

**Intel and Microsoft release final Spectre Patches up to and including Sandy Bridge
*https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/intel-and-microsoft-release-final-spectre-patches-up-to-and-including-sandy-bridge.419949/

Cheers
/GetMax**

Thank you. I'll look into this.

drrobbi
04-02-2018, 08:18 AM
Hello everyone,
I have an ASUS P9X79Pro and I would like to have NVME support directly through the UEFI so I can boot from it. Unfortunately, only a MOD Bios for the X79Deluxe is offered here. But i have a Mainboard from the P9-X79 Series. Asus make differences beetween this. I would try a File from a P9x79-deluxe but the x79 Series without P9 in the Name is a little different so i would dont try it, to avoid destroying my board.
I have already tried to mod the UEFI myself, unfortunately without success. Is it possible that one of you performs this mod and the bios file offers here?

I bought a very fast Kingston NVME and would like to try to boot from it.

I would be very happy for Help.
THX

btw Happy Eastern @all

BOLTS4BREKFAST
04-02-2018, 11:27 AM
Hello everyone,
I have an ASUS P9X79Pro and I would like to have NVME support directly through the UEFI so I can boot from it. Unfortunately, only a MOD Bios for the X79Deluxe is offered here. But i have a Mainboard from the P9-X79 Series. Asus make differences beetween this. I would try a File from a P9x79-deluxe but the x79 Series without P9 in the Name is a little different so i would dont try it, to avoid destroying my board.
I have already tried to mod the UEFI myself, unfortunately without success. Is it possible that one of you performs this mod and the bios file offers here?

I bought a very fast Kingston NVME and would like to try to boot from it.

I would be very happy for Help.
THX

btw Happy Eastern @all

Please look in the "NVME TESTING" folder. P9X79 PRO is already there with 2 different BIOS versions - 4701 or 4801
It looks like you were looking within the root folder. Those BIOS files are not modded for NVME.

drrobbi
04-02-2018, 07:59 PM
fantastic !!!

Thank you very much.
You was right, so i had looked only in root Folder, sorry for this but i am a old men LOL

I have flashed the Bios and in bios i can choose the boot a new Option "PATA SM" so i think this is the nvme device. I will test it and will Report soon.

drrobbi
04-03-2018, 03:54 PM
So i was happy about a modded Bios from BOLTS4BREKFAST .

I have tested it but it was a Problem with installing Windows direkt to the NVME device.
Because it is so, although I can select the NVME in the Bios, even if I start the Windows setup the drive is indicated to me.
However i want install Windows on it I get the message that windows can not be installed on this drive there mine system supposedly can not boot from it. WTF??

I will do a second test tomorrow, i will disconnect all other drives and will boot from a UEFI stick without boot Menue, so i hope Windows will accept my NVME as boot drive.

if not, I just keep in mind that I am using a sata ssd boot and using NVME for data.

XIIIIX
04-04-2018, 04:30 AM
So i was happy about a modded Bios from BOLTS4BREKFAST .

I have tested it but it was a Problem with installing Windows direkt to the NVME device.
Because it is so, although I can select the NVME in the Bios, even if I start the Windows setup the drive is indicated to me.
However i want install Windows on it I get the message that windows can not be installed on this drive there mine system supposedly can not boot from it. WTF??

I will do a second test tomorrow, i will disconnect all other drives and will boot from a UEFI stick without boot Menue, so i hope Windows will accept my NVME as boot drive.

if not, I just keep in mind that I am using a sata ssd boot and using NVME for data.

And the NVME is the only drive connected, when you boot for installing?
Did the trick for me on the BlackEdition.

insane2323
04-05-2018, 06:25 PM
Hello BOLTS4BREAKFAST.
Firstlly thanks for Great job that you are doing. I have one question. I recently bought new ECC memory for my system.
Im useing R4F with your modified bios from NVRAM testing. Before i had 16gb of HyperX memory and everything was Great. But now with this new 64GB kit I can´t boot. Im Useing Xeon E5 2680 V2 as a cpu. I can boot with 1 stick of 2GB ECC mem and 3 sticks of 16GB each in to do Windows but Windows sees only 2 gb. CPUZ sees all the memory. In bios I can see the memory info but capacity is missing. Any chance to make it work?

SnAFKe
04-06-2018, 03:51 AM
I've a problem, i previously used Official BIOS from ASUS site without an issue.

Now, testing yours and i've two times my BIOS reset BIOS config notwhere when my PC shutdown normaly.

I don't think is my BIOS battery because before not happening and i change the battery about 6 months ago.

What could cause the issue?

I'm using NVME BIOS RIVB 0801

benjos
04-16-2018, 07:19 AM
Did the update on March 18 differ from the March 11 release? I was going to wait for the next release before trying the March 11 release.

chi
04-19-2018, 03:36 AM
I've had massive speed drops (regarding GDI performance) using your latest Sabertooth x79 bios (4801, March 11) compared to the previous one... Tab-rich apps started slower and a resize-window benchmark took nearly twice as long. Also, the desktop experience was more sluggish in general as usual. No noticeable drop in game speed, though. Reverting back to a previous bios of yours (dl July 2017) fixed the drop in 2D speed completely and I'm back to normal... Any idea?

Ice009
04-21-2018, 05:29 AM
I've had massive speed drops (regarding GDI performance) using your latest Sabertooth x79 bios (4801, March 11) compared to the previous one... Tab-rich apps started slower and a resize-window benchmark took nearly twice as long. Also, the desktop experience was more sluggish in general as usual. No noticeable drop in game speed, though. Reverting back to a previous bios of yours (dl July 2017) fixed the drop in 2D speed completely and I'm back to normal... Any idea?

Could it be due to the microcode updates in the newest modded BIOSes for the X79 boards? Do you have a SB-E CPU like me?

Darn, I shouldn't have overwritten the previous versions. I should have kept them. Do you still have copies of the old ones, BOLTS4BREKFAST?

x2dragon
04-21-2018, 07:46 PM
Hello BOLTS4BREAKFAST.
Firstlly thanks for Great job that you are doing. I have one question. I recently bought new ECC memory for my system.
Im useing R4F with your modified bios from NVRAM testing. Before i had 16gb of HyperX memory and everything was Great. But now with this new 64GB kit I can´t boot. Im Useing Xeon E5 2680 V2 as a cpu. I can boot with 1 stick of 2GB ECC mem and 3 sticks of 16GB each in to do Windows but Windows sees only 2 gb. CPUZ sees all the memory. In bios I can see the memory info but capacity is missing. Any chance to make it work?

You can't mix ECC and Non ECC RAM.

It's all or nothing.

XDragon

chi
04-22-2018, 11:47 AM
Could it be due to the microcode updates in the newest modded BIOSes for the X79 boards? Do you have a SB-E CPU like me?

Darn, I shouldn't have overwritten the previous versions. I should have kept them. Do you still have copies of the old ones, BOLTS4BREKFAST?I strongly suspect so... and yes, I have a SB-E too (i7 3930K)

@BOLTS4BREKFAST: Additional downloads (with info?) of your older BIOSes would indeed be great ;)

Bateman
05-07-2018, 08:20 AM
Thanks for your modded BIOSes.

I am using your latest RIVE BIOS which works fine. Now I am trying to mod it with the newest NVME moudle (NvmExpressDxe_4.ffs from 2018/04/18). I am using CodeRush's UEFITool v0.22.4. I have no problem modding it and I get no error messages but the BIOS just won't flash. Nothing happens when I push the "Flashback" button. UEFITool should display a warning if the BIOS size is too big so I guess there is some other problem. Is there a checksum check (or similar) during "Flashback" method?
I have compared it with your NVME modded BIOS and I can't really find any difference.

Do you recommend any other software to mod the BIOS?

Here is a link to the module:

https://mega.nz/#!5I8HiIbA!iiE0K-g8uKPI-GA08c0UGp_lsFKNyEpcQcyemdPeH-Y

Ludovic lang
05-09-2018, 02:29 PM
+1 for modded bios with latest module nvme ^^ and other module too, is possible ^^

Thanks for work <3

R_HADES
06-08-2018, 09:50 PM
Thank you for modded BIOSes

is it possible to create a version for P8Z77-V (https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P8Z77V/) i could not find it on your list

one again thank you for all the work <3

jonesy433
07-07-2018, 12:24 AM
Hi all, just to clarify. will this bios mod enable me to use a M.2 Nvme SSD (with pci-e, to m2 adaptor) with a Rampage Formula IV and boot off it?

DukeRaoul
07-20-2018, 09:45 AM
Hi all, just to clarify. will this bios mod enable me to use a M.2 Nvme SSD (with pci-e, to m2 adaptor) with a Rampage Formula IV and boot off it?

Yes, i do exactly that

Le_slash
08-16-2018, 07:13 AM
Hey*

Would you please create a firmware mod for MAXIMUS VI FORMULA motherboard

Thanks*

TheMonk
09-08-2018, 04:29 PM
Hi,

Wondering if anyone can help with my issue. I have a P9X79-E WS motherboard - I used the bios available and it allows me to boot from the NVME drive - however the adapter card is only connecting at PCIe 1 x4 not PCIe 3 x4. Tried forcing the slots to PCIe Gen 3, but no luck.

I reflashed the generic bios to check the issue and the NVME still connect a PCIe 1 x4. Also tried the drivers from Samsungs website - didn't change the issue.

I know the slots can do PCIe Gen 3 x16 as I have previously tested them with GPUs.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks

jonesy433
09-13-2018, 11:50 AM
Samsung 970 Pro 512GB working and booting no worries :-)
Cloned old drive with Acronis 2018
Silverstone ECM22 PCIe M.2 Adaptor
Rampage IV Formula

Thanks so much BOLTS4BREKFAST for the NVME BIOS Mod !!!

Starbomba
09-25-2018, 05:23 AM
BOLTS4BREKFAST, the latest BIOS update works well on my RIVBE, with a Plextor M8Pe SSD. Thanks a lot!

I did find one issue, not sure if it's me being an idiot, but posting here just in case. When i select to turn off HT, the setting won't stick, either reverting to Enabled, or showing Disabled but still showing all 16 threads on Windows. Just to verify, i did change BIOS to the secondary one where i got a fresh, unmoded 0801 and that worked well. I'm using a Xeon E5-2650 v1 for reference.

I do have one request, i use this board for benching, and the Spectre BIOS patches do really affect some scores. Considering i don't use this as my main driver, would you be so kind of adding NVMe support to the 0801 BIOS along with any other device firmware update, but without adding those patches? Not sure if the last 2017 microcode updates have these patches built-in, but i wouldn't care if it was like start of 2017, it's not like Intel launched any more SB-E or IVB-E CPUs after 2014.

GetMax
10-03-2018, 02:01 PM
BOLTS4BREKFAST, the latest BIOS update works well on my RIVBE, with a Plextor M8Pe SSD. Thanks a lot!

I did find one issue, not sure if it's me being an idiot, but posting here just in case. When i select to turn off HT, the setting won't stick, either reverting to Enabled, or showing Disabled but still showing all 16 threads on Windows. Just to verify, i did change BIOS to the secondary one where i got a fresh, unmoded 0801 and that worked well. I'm using a Xeon E5-2650 v1 for reference.

I do have one request, i use this board for benching, and the Spectre BIOS patches do really affect some scores. Considering i don't use this as my main driver, would you be so kind of adding NVMe support to the 0801 BIOS along with any other device firmware update, but without adding those patches? Not sure if the last 2017 microcode updates have these patches built-in, but i wouldn't care if it was like start of 2017, it's not like Intel launched any more SB-E or IVB-E CPUs after 2014.

*Use InSpectre to disable Spectre or Meltdown:*https://www.grc.com/inspectre.htm

Dudumax
10-15-2018, 09:10 AM
Hello,

Right now im trying to connect my new disc M2 ADATA 240GB M.2 PCIe XPG SX8200 + connectror to PCI-E i-tec Adapter PCI-E SATA 2x M.2 Card PCI-E/SATA
to my motherboard P9X79 after use bios flash from
( https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%21AHeT82KI488djfU&id=8958E7AE29E4BA6C%2128877&cid=8958E7AE29E4BA6C).

My system show me there is some new device but cant do anything with this disc. Can someone tell me is that Bios mode work properly ????

Thx and have a nice day

Marcin

Hkxvnd
11-23-2018, 10:34 PM
At someone's request, I've modified and added to the list BIOS 3505 for the P8Z77-WS.How does the modified BIOS differ from the official? Does it support booting from PCI-E NVMe SSD? Where can I download it?

G0dwin
12-01-2018, 12:26 PM
**ALL FILES UPDATED WITH LATEST MICROCODE - MARCH 11 2018 - 6:15PM EST**

*That link should take you to the main folder where you can find the motherboard model you want along with the bios version.*
*NVME TESTING folder contains BIOS files that have been modded for NVME support*

*if you have a special request for another bios revision just post on this thread or PM me... please be patient since for some reason I no longer receive email notifications from Asus Forum when I get PM's or to subscribed threads.*

@BOLTS4BREKFAST Thanks a million and the NVMe BIOS works great on my Rampage IV Black Edition with an i7-4930K. I have a WD Black 500GB NVMe running smoothly with a M.2 to PCIe 3.0 x4 adapter and getting the full speed of it!

memomix
12-02-2018, 04:57 PM
I have ASUS Rampage IV GENE with i7 4820K so I bought new 1 TB 970 EVO SSD with Lycom DT-120 M.2 adapter and integrated on PCIe x16 slot,Windows sees SSD with any issues but my motherboard not! then I downloaded bios mod from "nvme testing" folder in OneDrive link,and I have 8 GB USB Flash,I formatted FAT32 and uploaded into USB. I unplugged everything from motherboard except psu so I connected with rog button and started blinking normal flashlight and after 4-5 mins later the flashlight getting faster blinking 1-2 mins more and stopped. so it's mean was succesfully updated,then I put everything again into the motherboard so turn back to bios and nothing changed! I think my motherboard soft bricked to update bios. How can I update from another method?
Thanks.
Best Reagrds.

Incloud
12-08-2018, 01:58 AM
**ALL FILES UPDATED WITH LATEST MICROCODE - MARCH 11 2018 - 6:15PM EST**

*NVME TESTING folder contains BIOS files that have been modded for NVME support*

I'll compensate for a working Maximus VI Formula bios bootable to Nvme.

IM0001
12-11-2018, 05:12 PM
Just wanted to say thanks for the 4801 bios for the P9X79 Deluxe as my system has never run so good. The updated RST Bios, along with the nVME support really makes this rig a solid build that keeps on trucking. I currently have a E5-1660 @ 4.6Ghz that purrs with a hair less voltage then the 3930K I had previously along with a Samsung P981 that boot and works perfectly at 3.0 X4.
May have to splurge and pick up a E5-1680V2 to extend the lifespan of this board for a little longer.

BRUNEZ
12-19-2018, 07:01 PM
Hi BOLTS4BREKFAST, I install your fw 4901 on my R4E and work fine.
Before I made a mistake and chose 4901 not in "NVME testing" folder… later I used bios 4901 in this folder and work great !!!
My personal thanks, GREAT job BOLTS and thanks again to give this feature to our mobo.

Now… i have some questions:

1 - It' s normal that in bios I view NVME drive like PATA SM: ?
2 - Now bios set in automatic 1st boot Windows boot manager ( "my M.2 model" ) and 2nd boot PATA SM:, it' s ok this ?

3 - So… I have this value with Cristaldiskmark on 970 Pro.

https://i.ibb.co/kB1HVRs/Immagine.jpg (https://ibb.co/kB1HVRs)

I think that 4KibQ32T1 and just write 4KibQ8T8 are half of normal value that I found on many forum\review about 970pro Nvme.

Windows is clean, no run with antivirus ecc... ecc...

Can you help me with this issue ? Shall I set something in bios ?

aso780501
12-24-2018, 03:36 AM

Hi,

R4E.CAP (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cRMP1p_KXrWU2cbsD1G3luEAOQ5wsaHq/view)<= I just modded the stable driver and NVEM for R4E, but it doesn't work on flashback, could you help me? thanks a lot!

afuwinx64 => doesn't work too...ERROR info => (bios file size does not match)

Ice009
12-27-2018, 05:14 AM
Hey guys, BOLTS4BREKFAST modded the Rampage 4 Formula BIOS, and also the Asus P8Z77-V Pro BIOS for me earlier this year and I am having second thoughts on installing them due the CPU microcode updates decreasing performance. I am ready to buy an NVMe SSD as Samsung currently has cashback offers that end on the 31st of December. I was about to install the modded BIOS, but after doing some reading online, I'm having second thoughts as I don't want significantly decreased CPU performance.

I stupidly overwrote the previous versions I downloaded that didn't have the microcode updates. Does anyone have a previous version for the Rampage 4 Formula? BOLTS4BREKFAST, if you do read this, and you have deleted the previous BIOS files, any chance you could mod me another NVMe BIOS with all the latest updates minus the microcode updates? I really do what to have the latest updates for the other things, just not sure if I want the CPU microcode updates.

What do you guys think? I don't really want decreased CPU performance just to run an NVMe SSD.

Have you guys that have installed the newest NVMe modded BIOS files noticed a major decrease in CPU performance with the CPU microcode updates? I do a lot of multitasking with my 3930K and really don't want to see the performance decrease. If the performance decrease isn't too much, I'd be OK with it, but I just don't want major CPU performance decreases, otherwise, anything other than a slight decrease in CPU performance defeats the purpose of having the NVMe SSD in the first place. I don't know if that trade off is worth it.

Anyway, tell me what you guys think.

Hi,

R4E.CAP (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cRMP1p_KXrWU2cbsD1G3luEAOQ5wsaHq/view)<= I just modded the stable driver and NVEM for R4E, but it doesn't work on flashback, could you help me? thanks a lot!

afuwinx64 => doesn't work too...ERROR info => (bios file size does not match)

Hi, How come you're trying to mod them yourself? Is it because you don't want to use BOLTS4BREFAST's versions due the the microcode updates?

chi
01-10-2019, 02:42 PM
I noticed a strange behavior of my Sabertooth x79 board the other day...

Whenever I cold boot my PC the power consumption (idle cpu) is about 18W, but after a warm boot it's about 22W (measured with RealTemp T|I (http://www.overclock.net/t/1330144/realtemp-t-i-edition)). I updated bios and mei firmware a few month ago (4801 modded bios, mei fw 8.1.65.1586) but I don't think that's the problem here. Anyone else having the same issue? Maybe a well known bug/feature?

cheers, chiJust in case somebody else is having the same issue (which I highly doubt)... The problem was that I disabled "CPU Clock Gen Filter" in the BIOS, which somehow leads to this strange behavior. After enabling it again the power consumption after a cold- or warm-boot remains at 21.7W (Balanced Power Plan, Idle CPU)

chi
01-10-2019, 02:51 PM
Hey guys, BOLTS4BREKFAST modded the Rampage 4 Formula BIOS, and also the Asus P8Z77-V Pro BIOS for me earlier this year and I am having second thoughts on installing them due the CPU microcode updates decreasing performance. I am ready to buy an NVMe SSD as Samsung currently has cashback offers that end on the 31st of December. I was about to install the modded BIOS, but after doing some reading online, I'm having second thoughts as I don't want significantly decreased CPU performance.I had the same thoughts back then (#601 (https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?48001-R4E-BIOS-4804-MODDED-EFI-Intel-13-1-0-2126-Download/page61#post715935))... You can disable Meltdown/Spectre protection with this handy tool: Inspectre (https://www.grc.com/inspectre.htm)

chi
01-10-2019, 03:02 PM
Hi,

afuwinx64 => doesn't work too...ERROR info => (bios file size does not match)Take a look at win-raid's BIOS Modding section (https://www.win-raid.com/forum.php). Maybe you'll find some answers there ;)

protongeek
01-24-2019, 05:32 PM
Hi Bolts,

I am trying to load your BIOs mod onto my ASUS RAMPAGE IV Black Edition. For whatever reason I am receiving a Security verification failed message in the ASUS EZ Flash Back Utility tool. I have looked through my BIOs to see where there might be security enabled and I cannot find anything to disable. Have you seen this issue and if so were you able to remedy it ?

Thanks.

francoistoen
01-30-2019, 10:26 AM
Hi all
I installed yesterday a samsung 970 evo nvme on my rampage 4 extreme. Everything is ok.
I first download the nvme test bios for R4E and flashed it.
Installed the hardware a PCIE to M2 card adaptator (KALEA INFORMATIQUE less than 20 euros) and the ssd itself.
I started the computer and after 2 or 3 restart and setting inside the bios the new ssd was recognized.
I used Acronis to backup my system drive and restore on that new SSD NVME.
No problems. I can boot on that NVME SSD and my system is still ok.
So i want to thank you very much for this nvme bios 4901 for R4E.
Just one thing to remember when setting the bios SATA Should be set to IRST and not RSTe otherwise optimisation will not be available on sata SSD (when flashing new bios all is reset and the default goes to RSTe).

Faithfully

François78578

Alton Brown
01-30-2019, 10:43 AM
Hi all. *Has anyone flashed a Rampage IV Formula and have been successful? Which Bolts Bios did you use?
Thanks for any advice. **

01-30-2019, 11:32 AM
wwhat is the last bios mod with vme and the last microcode available for Sandy Bridge E?

Thanks so much

Alton Brown
02-08-2019, 04:35 AM
Hi all
I installed yesterday a samsung 970 evo nvme on my rampage 4 extreme. Everything is ok.
I first download the nvme test bios for R4E and flashed it.
Installed the hardware a PCIE to M2 card adaptator (KALEA INFORMATIQUE less than 20 euros) and the ssd itself.
I started the computer and after 2 or 3 restart and setting inside the bios the new ssd was recognized.
I used Acronis to backup my system drive and restore on that new SSD NVME.
No problems. I can boot on that NVME SSD and my system is still ok.
So i want to thank you very much for this nvme bios 4901 for R4E.
Just one thing to remember when setting the bios SATA Should be set to IRST and not RSTe otherwise optimisation will not be available on sata SSD (when flashing new bios all is reset and the default goes to RSTe).

Faithfully

François78578

Could you kindly tell me the process so I could boot off an M2 hardrive. I also have the Rampage IV Formula. *All info is appreciated. *Thanks **

derek.barker
02-09-2019, 06:54 PM
1/23 - Rampage IV Black Edition BIOS 0801 in "NVME TESTING" folder now has patched microcode. Ready for you to test. :cool:

here's older one i found in 2017 they seemed successful i wonder about the oc part of it?

Alton Brown
02-10-2019, 03:05 AM
here's older one i found in 2017 they seemed successful i wonder about the oc part of it? *do I have to use the NVMe test 1st, then install the new bios? Thanks, any advise is helpful. **

francoistoen
02-10-2019, 05:23 PM
Could you kindly tell me the process so I could boot off an M2 hardrive. I also have the Rampage IV Formula. *All info is appreciated. *Thanks **

Hi
I did it for rampage 4 EXTREME not FORMULA. I'm not able to say if it should work also with formula.

Faithfully

François TOEN

Alton Brown
02-10-2019, 10:06 PM
Hi
I did it for rampage 4 EXTREME not FORMULA. I'm not able to say if it should work also with formula.

Faithfully

François TOEN

*Understood, thank you for your response, *really appreciated . Is it possible to tell me the process and how you did it. Do I need NVME test folder or can I just flash it with the bios strictly for my board? ** is the NVME test folder the completed Bios we use for our MB?*

francoistoen
02-11-2019, 09:09 AM
*Understood, thank you for your response, *really appreciated . Is it possible to tell me the process and how you did it. Do I need NVME test folder or can I just flash it with the bios strictly for my board? ** is the NVME test folder the completed Bios we use for our MB?*

Hi
You NEED to flash the nvme tresting bios for your rampage 4 formula. Follow the link in the open post then go to nvme testing folder then rampage 4 formula folder then bios 5001 folder and then download R4F.CAP. FLash this bios.
Then you need to acquire a PCIE3x16 to M2 adaptator (I used a KALEA INFORMATIQUE one). Acquire also a NVME SSD. Mount SSD on the card and then insert into a PCIE slot on the motherboard.
Now if you restart your PC in the bios you should see the new drive.
You need to know how to setup the bios to boot on this new drive (depend of the bios itself).
Then I make à clone of my actual boot drive to the new nvme one. That's all. Select this nvme drive as boot drive in bios setup.
If you are not familiar with flashing and playing with bios settings it is better to find someone to help you.

Hope that will help you

Faithfully
François TOEN

Alton Brown
02-11-2019, 01:21 PM
Thanks so much for the info. That’s what I figured, the test *folder.*
Vey familiar with flashing bios. *
Thanks for the detailed info. Greatly appreciated!*

darthsant
02-20-2019, 11:46 AM
I set in boot the new nvme 970plus samsung with asus rampage gene iv, nvme pci express x16 adapter in slot 1 with result :

Thank You

gargamella
02-23-2019, 09:36 AM
Hi
You NEED to flash the nvme tresting bios for your rampage 4 formula. Follow the link in the open post then go to nvme testing folder then rampage 4 formula folder then bios 5001 folder and then download R4F.CAP. FLash this bios.
Then you need to acquire a PCIE3x16 to M2 adaptator (I used a KALEA INFORMATIQUE one). Acquire also a NVME SSD. Mount SSD on the card and then insert into a PCIE slot on the motherboard.
Now if you restart your PC in the bios you should see the new drive.
You need to know how to setup the bios to boot on this new drive (depend of the bios itself).
Then I make à clone of my actual boot drive to the new nvme one. That's all. Select this nvme drive as boot drive in bios setup.
If you are not familiar with flashing and playing with bios settings it is better to find someone to help you.

Hope that will help you

Faithfully
François TOEN

Hello François, i got a Rampage 4 Extreme too. Can you tell me if with the modded bios is it possible to do Overclock with no problem?

Thanks
Fabio

francoistoen
02-26-2019, 12:21 PM
Hello François, i got a Rampage 4 Extreme too. Can you tell me if with the modded bios is it possible to do Overclock with no problem?

Thanks
Fabio

Hello
I do not overclock my motherboard and i cannot answer your question.

What i can say is that all the overclock menus are still there...no more

Faithfully

François

Alton Brown
04-01-2019, 03:29 AM
I need some help
Guys. *Please. *So I have the 970 pro with the adapter. *I can’t seem to get things to work right after I mod the bios. *Can someone please help
Me? I have the rampage iv formula. *
Thanks for all help. **

Alton Brown
04-01-2019, 04:12 AM
Hi all. I really need some help. *I purchased the 970 pro and a m.2 PCIe adapter. I updated my bios with bolts bios but I can’t seem to install and boot from the nvme drive. *I have the rampage iv formula. *Can someone please tell me what to do. I really need some help. *Thanks!*

extreme
04-01-2019, 12:23 PM
enable CSM>
is the drive shows as pata ss in bios?

Alton Brown
04-01-2019, 07:56 PM
enable CSM>
is the drive shows as pata ss in bios?

Where can I find that in bios? **

extreme
04-04-2019, 04:18 PM
under boot tab....

Edit: you might have not done the correct bios flash.

Alton Brown
04-04-2019, 05:52 PM
under boot tab....

Edit: you might have not done the correct bios flash.

I actually got it to boot from it. * Very pleased, needed to change from legacy boot to UEFI. *Once I did that, all was perfect. *Thanks. *Speeds are actually faster than advertised*

Lozspd4
05-06-2019, 12:00 PM
Many Thanks Guys for your Hard Work my R4E with 3960x is playing with the big boys again.80310

Barratone
05-16-2019, 01:28 PM
Hey Gang,
Anyone know if its possible to RAID using the ASUS HYPER M.2 X16 Card V2 with 4 NVME M2 Cards.
Maybe a change to the BIOS??
This is for the R4E

_BrahmastriK_
09-21-2019, 04:09 PM
Hello and all good mood. Please tell me what changes are improvements in your BIOS mod for r4e for August 2018 and should I flash them?

ssufii
11-26-2019, 10:27 AM
Morning All,

I updated my bios after a very long time to version 4801, and noticed that my onboard network card no longer works. I brought a pcie network adatper and this works. My computer no longer shuts down properly, the fans keep running even though windows has been shutdown. And VT-D no longer works, gpu pass through is failing. I have tried to default bios settings, clear CMOS disable fastboot and nothing seems to work.

My system setup is below;

Intel Xeon E5-2680v2
40GB Corsair Vengence Ram
512GB x3 SATA HD
2gb x 1 SATA HD
Primary GPU: Geforce 1050ti 2gb
Secondary GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6670 - was previously working on gpu passthrough
Operating System: Windows 10