PDA

View Full Version : g74sx backlight keyboard.

DEFTSTAR
06-08-2014, 01:11 AM
my backlight key doesn't work quite sometime just doesn't bother to fix it, but now i want too.

i have read some of the same issue, mine doesn't light up even at boot up. what are the best option too fix this issue?

cl-Albert
06-13-2014, 03:56 PM
my backlight key doesn't work quite sometime just doesn't bother to fix it, but now i want too.

i have read some of the same issue, mine doesn't light up even at boot up. what are the best option too fix this issue?

Was it working before and do you know if your motherboard was ever replaced? Send me a PM at cl-Albert with your serial number if you want me to check into it.

Otherwise, if you are not seeing the keyboard light flash at power-up it's some kind of hardware/bios related issue.

I can think of the options below.

1. Send back to ASUS for (out-of-warranty?) service

2. If your motherboard was never replaced, there's a chance it's a loose cable or defective keyboard, but as far as I can tell, people usually run into this problem after a motherboard replacement.

3. Not sure if this will work for the G74SX, but there was a similar issue with the G73 model (search the ROG forums for more info) and somebody released a tool to enable the keyboard light for those units who had the motherboard replaced. Something we might want to look into more if necessary.

Well, hope others have better ideas to solve this.

numanuk
06-16-2014, 01:51 PM
You probably need a bios that will reset the keyboard state as I did. PM me for a bios that will do this for you

Miliano
06-18-2014, 01:58 PM
mine doesn't light up even at boot up. what are the best option too fix this issue?

Does the keys still work?
Have you tried uninstalling then re-installing the ATK Driver?
download this driver from ASUS and install it after you uninstall the current driver.
ATKACPI driver and hotkey-related utilities (http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=G74Sx&os=30)

numanuk
06-19-2014, 06:09 PM
if its not driver related pm me for a bios you can flash that will restore your backlight state.

DEFTSTAR
04-29-2015, 06:37 PM
How do I go about that?

bheuchert
05-04-2015, 08:18 PM
I have same issue, but mine comes on during startup and turns off after. I cant find a way to fix it :(