PDA

View Full Version : Just a cable question for ASUS G74SX

Razorr92
06-08-2014, 05:40 AM
Hi,

I just want to see if anyone knows which one of these cables is the keyboard backlight? I recently teared apart and put it together and I can't seem to make the keyboard backlight to work. I'm guessing it's one of these cables that has not been attached well.

Thanks!

Boosted_R
06-09-2014, 12:58 AM
I would assume the orange/brownish cable (middle-left)....... just a guess, but seems logical to me........ also you sure the backlight isn't just turned off.... common mistake...... try fn+f4...good luck

numanuk
06-10-2014, 09:12 AM
Have you modded bios? try flashing this bios. https://www.lutonparking.com/G74SxASBackLightFix.203.zip

I was scratching my head with the keyboard backlights and thought my cable was bad until I flashed with that bios linked above. Format USB pen first for flash

Razorr92
06-10-2014, 02:55 PM
Have you modded bios? try flashing this bios. https://www.lutonparking.com/G74SxASBackLightFix.203.zip

I was scratching my head with the keyboard backlights and thought my cable was bad until I flashed with that bios linked above. Format USB pen first for flash

Well it was working before I took it apart carefully and when I put it together it didn't work(so did not touch the bios at all). I opened it again and to make sure it was in the right place BUT originally there was a light yellow tape (to keep the ribbon down on the board) but I didn't put it back, would this be the problem? I just want to have couple of solutions to try for when I open it again.

numanuk
06-16-2014, 01:51 PM
Well it was working before I took it apart carefully and when I put it together it didn't work(so did not touch the bios at all). I opened it again and to make sure it was in the right place BUT originally there was a light yellow tape (to keep the ribbon down on the board) but I didn't put it back, would this be the problem? I just want to have couple of solutions to try for when I open it again.

That is probably your issue.