PDA

View Full Version : G750JW cooling

tbuyer
06-08-2014, 07:10 AM
On February this year I bought a G750JW-PS71 from ProStar.

A moment ago I decided to convert a bunch of files from flac to mp3

It was the first time I listen the fan working.

I put my hand on the vents at the back and I noticed that only one is pushing air out.

My questions are:
1. is this normal?
2. Shouldn't I feel air coming out from both vents?
3. If this is not normal and I should feel air coming out from both vents, should I try something before sending it for repair?

Thanks in advance for your time and help.

hmscott
06-08-2014, 08:01 AM
On February this year I bought a G750JW-PS71 from ProStar.

A moment ago I decided to convert a bunch of files from flac to mp3

It was the first time I listen the fan working.

I put my hand on the vents at the back and I noticed that only one is pushing air out.

My questions are:
1. is this normal?
2. Shouldn't I feel air coming out from both vents?
3. If this is not normal and I should feel air coming out from both vents, should I try something before sending it for repair?

Thanks in advance for your time and help.

Looking from the front of the laptop, from the screen / keyboard side, the CPU cooling system vents out the Left Rear, and the GPU cooling system vents out the Right Rear.

The CPU Left side is the one that will most often spin up during normal use, and the GPU Right side spins up while gaming, rendering, or doing CUDA work.

It's Normal :)

tbuyer
06-08-2014, 04:19 PM
Looking from the front of the laptop, from the screen / keyboard side, the CPU cooling system vents out the Left Rear, and the GPU cooling system vents out the Right Rear.

The CPU Left side is the one that will most often spin up during normal use, and the GPU Right side spins up while gaming, rendering, or doing CUDA work.

It's Normal :)

Thanks for the answer. Much appreciated.
Regards,
Alejandro