PDA

View Full Version : Performance problems with extra monitor connected

Ananamous
06-08-2014, 09:45 PM
Hey all, I'n not very tech savvy so gonna try to explain this in the best way I can.

I have an ASUS G75VW thats a couple of years old now and I have a problem with the performance going down the drain when I connect a monitor to it. The monitor is a BenQ 24" 3D LED XL2420T which have 120hz and all that and I use a DELTACO DisplayPort to Mini DisplayPort to connect it to the laptop, which enables me to have 120hz on both the laptop monitor and the BenQ.

Problem is that I loose so much performance/graphics in games when I have the BenQ connected, I get micro stutters, fps lag, you name it! And its similar for all games I try, be it World of Warcraft, Wildstar, Elder Scrolls Online, either of The Witcher games and on and on and on. But when I don't have the monitor connected I can have max settings, or atleast very higher and better settings, and the games runs fluently.

I know I can just keep playing without the BenQ, but its so much nicer with a 24" monitor compared to the 17" on the laptop, so is the anyone here that knows what I can do to fix this?!