PDA

View Full Version : Help..new G750JM after geforce experience update to 2.1 >>>BSOD

dullz
06-09-2014, 08:32 AM
hi guys
id really appreciate any help
my 2 week old g750jm started giving BSOD owing to a "Power stat driver failure" thing
it started happening right after I updated the Geforce Experience to 2.1
so I uninstalled it and its not happened since
any idea what the fix is or where I could download the old version from or is it something else?
thanks

Maxter
06-09-2014, 10:57 PM
Uninstall GeForce experience and GPU drivers. Look for the drivers you used to have and only install those. Forget GeForce experience... garbage software.
If you want to go more in depth with this problem, however, download the "WhoCrashed" program and post here the results after you run it. It searches within your dump file to pinpoint the crash issue.

dullz
06-10-2014, 01:49 PM
hey..thanks
it hasn't happened again, just deleting the GeForce experience did the trick I think so far
so im just gona wait and see, incase it happens again ill take your advice

theclaw37
06-10-2014, 04:18 PM
Just remember that without gf experience you won't have battery boost, shadowplay, and a few other features

Maxter
06-10-2014, 09:38 PM
shadowplay is not the best... FRAPS works just fine. Battery boost is only for GTX800's and only for gaming under battery. If you are using the latest games, you need to plug in anyways, as the battery can't fully supply power to CPU and GPU at the same time for full-on gaming (this is a electro-physics issue, nothing else).

theclaw37
06-10-2014, 10:00 PM
Shadowplay is better than most (if not the best) because it's hardware accelerated my friend :). FRAPS is crap compared to shadowplay. I don't want to start a flame or something, but just clear things up. You really are missing a lot by not having GFE dullz

dullz
06-15-2014, 09:05 PM
hi guys
so it happened today again after i had just installed wolfenstein and updated itunes to the latest version, when i restarted my pc it gave the same BSOD with POWER STATE DRIVER FAILURE error
so i downloaded whocrashed and the following was reported by it:
"On Sun 6/15/2014 8:50:16 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\061614-45781-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x153FA0)
Bugcheck code: 0x9F (0x3, 0xFFFFE001FF1B9880, 0xFFFFD0007032A930, 0xFFFFE001FF1EF010)
Error: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that the driver is in an inconsistent or invalid power state.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time."
Anxiously anticipating any help..i have no idea what this is or how to go about it..
Ps:i still havent installed Geforce experience ...think its safe to?
thankyou

dullz
06-15-2014, 09:07 PM
also all 4 times this has happened its been the same error so incase that clears anything out

dullz
06-15-2014, 09:11 PM
im sorry but i also launched battlefield 4 right before i restarted could it be that?

Malacco
06-16-2014, 02:07 AM
Guys, I`m having the same ****ing issues... my (same) laptop ( asus rog 750jm ) is getting BSOD (because of the new driver 337.88 (nvidia)). so what I did? Well, after freaking the **** out and spending the last week hitting my head on the wall (joking), I ended up trying to uptade some drivers... got my nvidia to the one available in the asus support website, the 332.60, and the problem was gone. BUUUUT, this ``thing`` is still pissing me off, when i get to games like, World of warcraft and alt+ tab when i go back to the game it get rendering problems like spawing some black lines everywhere. AND IT ONLY GET`S WORT... I just downloaded the new battlefield hardline beta and guess what, I can`t even run it on medium with this computer settings... and when on high (settings) i get 10 fps... THERE IS something VERY wrong here. what i`m trying to say is... I wanna know if the problem is with the computer or the drivers... or goddamm god trying to **** me over...
My laptap happened to crash a lot of times becaus of DRIVER_STATE_POWER_FAILURE and for what i`ve searched this is something the is happening with some guys around the globe (that has this laptop) and I`d really like to know what to do to get it fix or something I can help with.

extra info:
the newest driver (nvidia) is 337.88
i`m currently using the 332.60
i think it`s ****ed up that i someone got me sold a laptop like this... (unnecessary extra info)

P.S.: Guys, sorry about my manners and my, possible, bad english. I`m a brazillian which explain the mistakes.

Malacco
06-16-2014, 07:14 PM
Just updating this...
I talked to a Asus representative. he told me:

Now a "Power state driver failure" would be a driver issue or a hardware issue, you can try these steps to see if it would help, if not, we would recommend to have the notebook sent in.

I would recommend to download and install these drivers;

ATKACPI driver and hotkey-related utilities Version V1.0.0031

http://support.asus.…Package_Win81_64_VER100031.zip

Intel INF Update Driver Version V9.4.0.1027

http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=3&s=521&m=G750JM&os=41&ft=23&f_name=Chipset_Intel_Win81_64_VER9401027.zip#Chips et_Intel_Win81_64_VER9401027.zip

nVidia Graphics Driver Version V9.18.13.3260

http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=3&s=521&m=G750JM&os=41&ft=1&f_name=VGA_nVidia_Win81_64_VER918133260.zip#VGA_nV idia_Win81_64_VER918133260.zip

"There will be 3 download servers, you would use the ""Global"" link.

Once all are installed, you would restart the notebook."

i`m trying this out and will post the results...

theclaw37
06-17-2014, 07:03 AM
I guess as a last resort you can ask somebody for a vbios dump of their gtx 860m, and reflash yours. Maybe it got corrupted and doesn't work as intended. But don't do this before sending it to Asus.

Bgallodoro24
06-17-2014, 10:11 AM
I updated my JM to latest GeForce experience as well as driver 337.88 about 2 weeks ago and I haven't had a problem. Just to let you know it's not everyone.

turhanuner
06-17-2014, 08:48 PM
I am having the same porblem everyday EVERYDAY! "Asus Rog G750JM"
I have the latest version of both GeForce Experience and graphics driver (337.88), but the problem stil exists... When I am playing WoW, there isn't any problem (besides it should have run more smoothly) but when I exit the game after some time aprx 4-5 minutes it gives DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE error constantly... It never gave this error while playing the game, before I launched the game... After i close the game all the time...

This is making me very angry seriously... Trying anything I can but do you have any suggestions?

Malacco
06-17-2014, 10:18 PM
I am having the same porblem everyday EVERYDAY! "Asus Rog G750JM"
I have the latest version of both GeForce Experience and graphics driver (337.88), but the problem stil exists... When I am playing WoW, there isn't any problem (besides it should have run more smoothly) but when I exit the game after some time aprx 4-5 minutes it gives DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE error constantly... It never gave this error while playing the game, before I launched the game... After i close the game all the time...

This is making me very angry seriously... Trying anything I can but do you have any suggestions?

Dude, I'll be honest... I thought I wrote this, HAHA. i had to read it like 3 or 4 times to make sure it wasn't me... I know EXACTLY your feel bro.
I also play WoW and I`m having the same problem... I posted something about it like couple of posts after this one.

Just updating my status, Well so far so good. it seems not to have any problem but I Don`t know how it should run stuff since I never had it working 100%... well BSOD is gone, I'm using the 332.60 update that is avalibe in this link: http://support.asus.com/Download.asp...R918133260.zip

turhanuner
06-18-2014, 10:54 AM
Dude, I'll be honest... I thought I wrote this, HAHA. i had to read it like 3 or 4 times to make sure it wasn't me... I know EXACTLY your feel bro.
I also play WoW and I`m having the same problem... I posted something about it like couple of posts after this one.

Just updating my status, Well so far so good. it seems not to have any problem but I Don`t know how it should run stuff since I never had it working 100%... well BSOD is gone, I'm using the 332.60 update that is avalibe in this link: http://support.asus.com/Download.asp...R918133260.zip

haha glad to know someone who understandas how i feel =)) Now i degraded my Nvidia to a lower version that Asus suggested (332.60). So far so good at the end of day 1, no error ! Hope it was the latest Nvidia driver that causes the problem and it is gone now but we will see.. I will check it for a couple of days and post my results.

And a question to you bro, are your settings while playing WoW all Ultra ? and how is your FPS at raids or crowded high graphics areas? Because i'm thinking that it sould be higher with a beast laptop like g705JM.. (my FPS is around 45-60 at raids and at some areas and sometimes it stutters)

snakedoc919
06-19-2014, 12:48 PM
I'm having the same issues. No idea why. I've read that Norton causes this but I'm not sure. Has anyone found an actual solution besides reverting to old graphics? Still using GEFORCE Experience. Hopefully the next round of drivers for our video cards will correct the issue. Luckily it doesn't happen to me during games.

I get 100+ fps in WoW with the G750JM. I haven't done any LFR or BGs on it yet but I'll let you know how that goes. I agree though, I feel like this laptop should be able to handle it without the slightest hiccup. Running "The Forest" on high didn't work out so well haha.

Malacco
06-20-2014, 07:17 PM
haha glad to know someone who understandas how i feel =)) Now i degraded my Nvidia to a lower version that Asus suggested (332.60). So far so good at the end of day 1, no error ! Hope it was the latest Nvidia driver that causes the problem and it is gone now but we will see.. I will check it for a couple of days and post my results.

And a question to you bro, are your settings while playing WoW all Ultra ? and how is your FPS at raids or crowded high graphics areas? Because i'm thinking that it sould be higher with a beast laptop like g705JM.. (my FPS is around 45-60 at raids and at some areas and sometimes it stutters)
Man mine is runing at 60 - 70 but i always let v-sync activated so it locks on 60. when I just let it at some corner i get something around 100.

dullz
06-25-2014, 11:31 PM
hey
did you do the 3 steps(written by malacco) without uninstalling the nvidia driver or did you uninstall first?
please let me know asap
thankyou

Malacco
06-26-2014, 01:50 AM
I uninstalled it.

Maxter
06-30-2014, 10:18 PM
Yeah man... that's a pure kernel crash. I'm more than sure that it is a driver issue. I've found the drivers from nVidia 335.23 to be the most stable ones for the 700 and 800 series GPUs. Before that one, the 327.23 was the most stable one. Seems many people in this thread have gone below the 335.23 one and seems to be working for them. So I recommend a downgrade. Download those drivers and make sure you perform a "clean" install. Do not install the audio HD drivers or 3D drivers unless you really plan on using them (useless...). Though some people like the GeForce Experience, I still recommend against it (A true gamer performs their own optimizations - they vary per PC). Let us know how that worked for you...
EDIT: in case you need steps -> Download, double-click EXE file, after clicking next you'll get a list of stuff to install; click on the "clean install" box.

dullz
07-01-2014, 12:32 AM
downloaded the nvidia driver from asus site
installed it and have had no problem since (fingers crossed)
running 332.60 currently and i uninstalled from this unintall file within the driver file i downloaded from the site
seemed like it did the job
anyways all seems good
thanks everybody :)

Maxter
07-01-2014, 04:03 PM
Sweet!

Krysannthe
07-13-2014, 12:29 AM
I have the same laptop and the same issues. So glad to see I'm not the only one. What I hate to say, is I'm so not techie, and I don't even really understand what the issue is. It appears that I need to install the old drivers for the graphics card? Tried calling ASUS support and they were useless. If anyone can explain it to me like I'm 5 I'd be so appreciative.

usmanm77
07-13-2014, 02:40 AM
Hello guys, it seems Asus have provided a new stable driver for the 860M... Its a modified version of 337.88. All you need to do is visit the 750JM drivers support page and download it, OR
Here's the direct link http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/DriversForWin8.1/VGA/VGA_nVidia_Verde_Win81_64_VER918133788.zip

usmanm77
07-13-2014, 02:46 AM
I have the same laptop and the same issues. So glad to see I'm not the only one. What I hate to say, is I'm so not techie, and I don't even really understand what the issue is. It appears that I need to install the old drivers for the graphics card? Tried calling ASUS support and they were useless. If anyone can explain it to me like I'm 5 I'd be so appreciative.

1. Download this file http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/DriversForWin8.1/VGA/VGA_nVidia_Verde_Win81_64_VER918133788.zip
2. unzip the archive
3. run the setup
This should solve your problem.

Krysannthe
07-13-2014, 12:08 PM
Thank you so much usmanm!!! Trying it now, and crossing my fingers.

Krysannthe
07-13-2014, 02:15 PM
Well I did it. Then played SWTOR for awhile. Got off of the game on to Facebook for a couple of minutes...then again the blue screen. Same error. Any other suggestions.

karliflan
07-13-2014, 04:33 PM
I think we're just going to have to wait it out with this issue. Its so irritating, honestly. I haven't gotten a BSOD while playing any games, just after I close them out. Maybe 5-10 minutes later I get the BSOD. As long as I'm not gaming, I have no issues.

Krysannthe
07-13-2014, 05:03 PM
I have no problems waiting it out, if I'm sure that THIS is the issue. It just makes me nervous since I have a brand new machine that came with problems. I'm on a time line as to when I can send this computer back to Amazon.

I called ASUS again today. Explained it AGAIN, told them that I installed the driver usamanm recommended. I swear the ASUS guy couldn't even confirm that the driver could possibly be it. He had me reload windows completely, then said if that didn't work I could send it to them to fix. Really?!? He didn't even bother to confirm I installed the correct driver, he didn't even ask what I was doing when I got the blue screen. It was like he was on autoplay "reset and send it in". So frustrating. Hey if that works, I'm thrilled. BUT seeing as all I did was just reset it to when I got it, and I got it a couple of weeks ago and it had this problem instantly, I don't see how that could help. Am I wrong?

Now this may seem like a stupid question, but I'll ask anyway. Will getting this BSOD message over and over mess up my computer even more? I don't want to keep using it if all I'm doing is making my computer worse.

Jaitsu
07-14-2014, 02:33 AM
Use the 332.60 driver, not the 337.88. They fixed it in the 332.60s and brought it back in 337.88 from what I can tell.

Krysannthe
07-14-2014, 06:47 PM
When ASUS had me reload Windows yesterday, I chose not to do the NVIDIA update it was trying to push for the driver. Guess I got lucky because I just checked and it is the 332.60. Since then, no BSOD. I've spend at least 3 sittings of 2 hours each gaming on SWTOR since then so YAY!!!

I'll keep all posted if it fails. It seems the more info the better.

karliflan
07-15-2014, 02:12 AM
What Krysannthe said!! I reloaded Windows today as well, and have had zero BSOD's. I did NOT update to the newest NVidia driver, however. I am going to wait as long as possible on doing that. I even tried a much heavier GPU load game and made it force quit just to see if I could replicate the issue and it never BSOD'd on me. I'm thrilled too because I didn't want to have to pack up this 10lb mammoth and send it back!

Hope this helps someone!

Malacco
07-26-2014, 03:06 PM
Well guys... I spent quite some time without the problem but IT'S BACK!!!!! pop your bottles, call your friends cuz' the party is here again!
I have the 337.88 (OFICIAL Patch from ASUS) and after installing Heroes of newerth I got the memory problem where everything freezes and as you might know when it comes to this next step is BSOD and guess what?! BSOD EVERYONE! I trying to reinstall the drivers : nVidia Graphics Driver(Version V9.18.13.3788) and Intel Graphics Driver (Version V10.18.10.3379.01) and I shall post the result.

bigbear345
07-28-2014, 04:51 PM
I recently started getting issue as well, and ive updated to the lastest drivers on asus support page. So if anyone has any advice on this issue I would greatly appreciate it.

TheIconoclast
07-31-2014, 03:38 AM
Hi,

I've been scouring the internet for weeks looking for help with my BSOD problems. I finally made a discovery that fixed the whole thing and thought I'd share it with as many people as possible.

Some background on my issue:

I installed the 337.88 drivers and the beta drivers but kept on getting random BSODs due to a DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. I looked at the dump file and debugged it myself as BlueScreenviewer offered no answers for me. It pointed to an ntoskrnl.exe driver and further digging showed pci.sys to be the culprit, however this cannot be true. More digging within the minidump yielded nviddmkm.sys, so naturally I thought it was a driver problem. (I have a background inproramming, so I was able to do a fairly deep analysis of the file.) I installed the 332.50 drivers and no more problems. However, I was not satisfied with this solution. I did even more searching on the internet and several other cases were solved by turning off overclocking. I had already uninstalled GPUTweak, so what else could it be?

Well, the BIOS had the answers. Here's my solution:

1. Power down your laptop. (Full shutdown)
2. Press the power button.
3. Quickly and repeatedly mash the F2 button to enter BIOS setup.
4. Navigate to the "Advanced" tab.
5. Scroll down to "Graphics Configuration" and hit the "Enter" key.
6. Scroll to the "Turbomaster setting" and hit the "Enter" key.
7. You will see two options, "Enable" and "Disable", choose "Disable".
8. Finally hit the "Esc" key and go to the "Quit" tab and "Save Changes and Exit"

Now you can install the newest drivers without experiencing a BSOD. I hope I helped. If you guys have any questions be sure to ask me, I'l answer to the best of my ability.

Jaitsu
07-31-2014, 05:06 AM
Hi,

I've been scouring the internet for weeks looking for help with my BSOD problems. I finally made a discovery that fixed the whole thing and thought I'd share it with as many people as possible.

I installed the 337.88 drivers and the beta drivers but kept on getting random BSODs due to a DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. I looked at the dump file and debugged it myself as BlueScreenviewer offered no answers for me. It pointed to an ntoskrnl.exe driver and further digging showed pci.sys to be the culprit, however this cannot be true. More digging within the minidump yielded nviddmkm.sys, so naturally I thought it was a driver problem. (I have a background inproramming, so I was able to do a fairly deep analysis of the file.) I installed the 332.50 drivers and no more problems. However, I was not satisfied with this solution. I did even more searching on the internet and several other cases were solved by turning off overclocking. I had already uninstalled GPUTweak, so what else could it be?

8. Finally hit the "Esc" key and go to the "Quit" tab and "Save Changes and Exit"

Now you can install the newest drivers without experiencing a BSOD. I hope I helped. If you guys have any questions be sure to ask me, I'l answer to the best of my ability.

Disabling Turbomaster doesn't fix it either, sadly, even in BIOS. I've tried that myself. If it hasn't happened yet and you're not on the 332.60 driver, it's lucky coincidence.

SilverKing
08-04-2014, 04:17 PM
Hi i have same problems too with my asusg750jm and another thing when i using 332.60 with max details in dota and high details in neverwinter saw some flashing pixels when i install 3788 in dota they seems ok but this time after exit game always BSOD quick fix pls i cant play any games now flashing pixels with 332.60 and no flashing pixels with 3788 but BSOD after exit not good ty

jeffpark1118
08-05-2014, 04:02 PM
So did you figure out how to fix it? My driver power state failure only comes out when i have to restart my laptop (G750JM) or twice randomly. I need to get it fixed and does anyone know if doing a complete factory reset on the laptop might* fix it ? Please Thank you

adicn40
08-10-2014, 03:58 PM
I am too having the same problem. I had it total 4 times. twice when i played cod ghost and quit it . while the other 2 was encountered when i was just simply browsing internet . i still don't understand what's it had to with internet browsing.
pls help

swaaye
08-12-2014, 04:05 PM
I moved my post about these BSODs to another thread that seems more focused on the topic.
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?48428-G750JM-Daily-BSODS-DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

_
08-13-2014, 03:39 AM
Thank you everyone who has provided mini-dumps of BSODs so far. However Nvidia have requested our users provide a full stack dump, not mini dump, in order to accurately identify the issue. Users can PM me direct with links to full dumps then I can pass on to Nvidia R&D. Please note I only want PMs until 22nd August, please don't provide beyond this date (otherwise I'll get people sending me stuff for months!).

CĂ©dric
09-07-2014, 11:07 AM
Hi guys

I just bought the asus g750jm and i have to tell i have the very very very same prob as malacco!! Exactly the same prob (BSOD NOT while im playing but when i exit the game and launch it again) on the same game (World of Warcraft)
Im so glad im not the only one getting that prob.
Pliease tell me after 3 months that u fixed that prob cuz if u did'nt i think im gonna commit suicide..

im sry about my english, that not my native language, im french

hmscott
09-08-2014, 01:00 AM
Hi guys

I just bought the asus g750jm and i have to tell i have the very very very same prob as malacco!! Exactly the same prob (BSOD NOT while im playing but when i exit the game and launch it again) on the same game (World of Warcraft)
Im so glad im not the only one getting that prob.
Pliease tell me after 3 months that u fixed that prob cuz if u did'nt i think im gonna commit suicide..
im sry about my english, that not my native language, im french

CĂ©dric, the BSOD problem on the G750JM is still not fixed, and won't be until Nvidia and Microsoft work out the problem.

For now stick with 332.60 or the version of the Nvidia driver your laptop came with originally.

If you just got the JM, and can still return it, you can get a JS or even better a JZ instead, and skip waiting for the driver fix to come out for the JM.

CĂ©dric
09-08-2014, 11:42 AM
CĂ©dric, the BSOD problem on the G750JM is still not fixed, and won't be until Nvidia and Microsoft work out the problem.

For now stick with 332.60 or the version of the Nvidia driver your laptop came with originally.

If you just got the JM, and can still return it, you can get a JS or even better a JZ instead, and skip waiting for the driver fix to come out for the JM.

Hi

i've contacted LDLC.com (the site where i bought the laptop) and i just get an email from them.
I have to return the laptop, they will contact asus for an exchange. Looks like im gonna be without laptop for a certain period..
But what are they gonna return me? another bugged g750jm?

hmscott
09-08-2014, 11:54 AM
Hi

i've contacted LDLC.com (the site where i bought the laptop) and i just get an email from them.
I have to return the laptop, they will contact asus for an exchange. Looks like im gonna be without laptop for a certain period..
But what are they gonna return me? another bugged g750jm?

CĂ©dric, that was the point of suggesting you return the JM and trade up for a JS or a JZ.

The JS/JZ don't have the BSOD problem with Nvidia drivers newer than 332.60.

As far as has been reported here, *ALL* JM's have the BSOD problem.

Let us know what LDLC/Asus does/says.

CĂ©dric
09-08-2014, 04:44 PM
New mail from ldlc,
They have not noticed that JM's got problems, no return from buyers according to them.
Id like to trade up for JS/JS but they're really too expensive for me.

hmscott
09-08-2014, 04:59 PM
New mail from ldlc,
They have not noticed that JM's got problems, no return from buyers according to them.
Id like to trade up for JS/JS but they're really too expensive for me.

CĂ©dric, probably because everyone is waiting for the Nvidia driver releases that fix the BSOD problem, and until then they are running 332.60.

But, if you don't want to wait, you can return your JM and get your money back.

There are lots of new laptops coming out from Asus soon using the 860m/870m, the GPU in the G750. The G750JM seems to be the only laptop with an 860m with the BSOD problem.

It's up to you, be patient with the G750JM, or not.

You can also post to the Nvidia support forum's with the problem, here is a thread about the G750JM BSOD's
https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/764525/asus-g750jm-ds71-ongoing-bsod-issues-with-all-but-asus-modded-driver/

Let us know how it works out for you. :)

FalconFX
09-08-2014, 06:22 PM
CĂ©dric, probably because everyone is waiting for the Nvidia driver releases that fix the BSOD problem, and until then they are running 332.60.

But, if you don't want to wait, you can return your JM and get your money back.

There are lots of new laptops coming out from Asus soon using the 860m/870m, the GPU in the G750. The G750JM seems to be the only laptop with an 860m with the BSOD problem.

It's up to you, be patient with the G750JM, or not.

You can also post to the Nvidia support forum's with the problem, here is a thread about the G750JM BSOD's
https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/764525/asus-g750jm-ds71-ongoing-bsod-issues-with-all-but-asus-modded-driver/

Let us know how it works out for you. :)

Hey himscott, i just want to ask you what version of nvidia driver are you using on your JH, and does it have any issues ??
Thank you :)

hmscott
09-08-2014, 11:09 PM
Hey hmscott, i just want to ask you what version of nvidia driver are you using on your JH, and does it have any issues ?? you :)

FalconFX, 340.52, and no issues. With the 340.43BETA the Asus Tweak Tool and MSI Afterburner wouldn't work correctly, but that is the only Nvidia driver related anomaly I have seen on the JH, JX, or JW.

How about you and your JH?

FalconFX
09-08-2014, 11:47 PM
FalconFX, 340.52, and no issues. With the 340.43BETA the Asus Tweak Tool and MSI Afterburner wouldn't work correctly, but that is the only Nvidia driver related anomaly I have seen on the JH, JX, or JW.

How about you and your JH?

hmscott, im still using the stock one 311.93, and im afraid if i upgrade, sh#t might hit the fan and regret it :),

EDIT: any notciable performance improvements at all ?

hmscott
09-09-2014, 12:01 AM
hmscott, im still using the stock one 311.93, and im afraid if i upgrade, sh#t might hit the fan and regret it :),

EDIT: any noticeable performance improvements at all ?

FalconFX, I can imagine with all the JM problems in the forum, installing new Nvidia drivers must seem like a dangerous thing, but before the release of the JM/JS/JZ everyone with a JW/JX/JH updated to the latest beta and Whql Nvidia drivers from Nvidia as soon as it was released, without issues.

The 340.43BETA was the first driver release from Nvidia that caused any hiccups on the JW/JX/JH since early JW release days, and if you didn't have the GPU/Memory clock tuned with MSI Afterburner or Asus Tweak Tool, you wouldn't notice.

I would suggest noting your Nvidia settings before doing a Custom=>Clean Install - but other than that, if you keep a copy of the 311.93 installer around, you can always revert back quickly with a Custom=>Clean Install of 311.93 :)

Give it a try, it will be fun :)

As far as performance, what I see doesn't matter, you need to get a baseline reading of a number of benchmarks and games on your own, for the games you like to play, then after the update you can check for improvement or problems.

Don't forget to reset the performance improvements set in the Nvidia Control Panel, here highlighted in Yellow, as they will be cleared to default when doing a Custom=>Clean Install

There are lots of new features between 311.93 and 340.52 as well.

You could google for your games and 340.52 to see what others report, but you might as well install 340.52 yourself first :)

CĂ©dric
09-09-2014, 05:13 AM
Hey guys

Does anybody tried this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2983139 ?
Cuz actually i've made the windows update and im using 332.60 and no BSOD till today.

And btw hmscott thx for trying helping us to fix that damn issue

hmscott
09-09-2014, 07:51 AM
Hey guys

Cuz actually i've made the windows update and im using 332.60 and no BSOD till today.

CĂ©dric, unfortunately there is no fix for the BSOD while running the Nvidia drivers newer than 332.60, yet.

Nvidia drivers 332.60 and older keeps the BSOD's from happening.

One person has said they have now started getting BSOD's even on 332.60.

The patch link is old news, and didn't fix the problem. Many reported the BSOD's are still there while running the latest Nvidia drivers even after the August patch roll-up.

As long as you stay on 332.60 until the fixes come from Microsoft/Nvidia you should be ok :)

CĂ©dric
09-09-2014, 01:49 PM
Ok but how long we'll have to wait to get a fix from MS/Nvidia? Does a fix will even be relased one day?
LDLC just contacted me and i confirm i can get my money back but i dont know what to do:
- wait for an hypothetic fix?
- get my money back and get an other one and stay whitout laptop for something like 3 weeks?

cl-Albert
09-09-2014, 05:10 PM
Hey guys

CĂ©dric, thanks for the feedback and if you're pretty sure the problem has been solved for your unit (not sure if we should give it another day?) we may want to start checking with more people to see if they have installed Microsoft KB2975719 (which may include KB2983139?) since it sounds like it may be related to this issue and Microsoft solved it on their end.
If you check this link below CĂ©dric provided earlier, it does mention that DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE stop message/bluescreen that G750JM owners have been reporting.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2983139

Unfortunately, I don't keep up with the Microsoft patches as much as I should, but it sounds like Micrsoft re-released some 'August updates' on September 2, 2014 including that fix which hopefully helps with this issue.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2975719

The patch link is old news, and didn't fix the problem. Many reported the BSOD's are still there while running the latest Nvidia drivers even after the August patch roll-up.

If hmscott has heard from customers after September 2, 2014 who report the Windows update not working, then I'm probably wrong about this Microsoft solution, but I know the Microsoft August patch roll-up was pulled back pretty quickly after the release in August and re-released on September 2, 2014, so hoping those customers reporting problems just have not tried this August roll-up re-release after September 2nd yet (and it's able to help with this issue).

Since CĂ©dric is running 332.60, that might be another thing to look into with newer versions, but if the blue screens have stopped with this version at least, it seems like a good sign.

hmscott
09-09-2014, 05:33 PM
CĂ©dric, thanks for the feedback and if you're pretty sure the problem has been solved for your unit (not sure if we should give it another day?) we may want to start checking with more people to see if they have installed Microsoft KB2975719 (which may include KB2983139?) since it sounds like it may be related to this issue and Microsoft solved it on their end.
If you check this link below CĂ©dric provided earlier, it does mention that DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE stop message/bluescreen that G750JM owners have been reporting.

Unfortunately, I don't keep up with the Microsoft patches as much as I should, but it sounds like Micrsoft re-released some 'August updates' on September 2, 2014 including that fix which hopefully helps with this issue.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2975719

If hmscott has heard from customers after September 2, 2014 who report the Windows update not working, then I'm probably wrong about this Microsoft solution, but I know the Microsoft August patch roll-up was pulled back pretty quickly after the release in August and re-released on September 2, 2014, so hoping those customers reporting problems just have not tried this August roll-up re-release after September 2nd yet (and it's able to help with this issue).

cl-Albert, such is the nature of Microsoft updates, one step forward, and 2 steps back.

The August roll-up introduced some patches with bugs that caused crashes for many across Windows 7,8,8.1. The Sept replacement patches fixed some of those newly introduced crashes, but not all - that is the last I heard, I haven't kept up with the current state today.

The patch(es) that looked like they might address the BSOD for newer Nvidia drivers didn't fix the problem - after the patch upgrading to newer Nvidia drivers still causes the BSOD. There was a crash that involved a request timeout that looked like it might be the behavior seen with the G750JM patch, but it didn't solve the problem.

CĂ©dric can confirm this by doing a Custom=>Clean update, or regular update, to a newer than 332.60 driver, like the current 340.52 and run for a while to see if the BSOD's come back. Maybe the latest updates have fixed it.

It is a matter of continually trying to upgrade to the latest Nvidia driver after new Microsoft patches come out. But, it is likely it will take a new Nvidia build release using the Microsoft patch to fix the problem, not just a Microsoft patch alone.

We won't know for sure until the problem is fixed, and maybe not even then.

hmscott
09-09-2014, 05:47 PM
Ok but how long we'll have to wait to get a fix from MS/Nvidia? Does a fix will even be relased one day?
LDLC just contacted me and i confirm i can get my money back but i dont know what to do:
- wait for an hypothetic fix?
- get my money back and get an other one and stay whitout laptop for something like 3 weeks?

CĂ©dric, it sounds like you have the right considerations for the situation. Noone can answer how long it will take to fix the problem, each problem is different.

I think it took 6-8 months to fix a similar problem that the G750JX with 3D built-in had, it would get a black screen at startup and need to revert back to a certain Nvidia driver to regain function. After a certain Nvidia release the problem went away and the G750JX with built-in 3D can now use any of the newer Nvidia drivers after that point, I don't recall the exact release number, but I am sure they do.

But, past performance does not indicate future results. The bug could be fixed this week, or weeks or months from now. It would be rare to never get fixed, but that is possible too. Asus could release replacement GPU's for JM's that didn't exhibit the problem, and that would obviate the "never fixed" possibility. The JS/JZ GPU's aren't affected, and hopefully no future new GPU's in the G750 frame will be affected.

You could ask LDLC how long they will honor the cash back return. If they will let you hold on to the JM until Asus releases a laptop you want as replacement, even if it takes 4-8 weeks, that would be best. If the patch/fix comes before the new laptop is released, you can stay with the JM, and if the fix doesn't arrive you will have had a laptop for 4-8 weeks to use, on 332.60, until you can seamlessly swap for the laptop you want to keep long term.

Keep watching the forum for updates, there are lots of people with JM's looking for the fix, and newer Nvidia drivers and Microsoft updates will continue to be tested until the problem is solved.

Good luck, let us know what you decide, and how it works out.

swaaye
09-09-2014, 06:17 PM
I see some people don't watch all of the threads about the power state BSOD.

I installed Win7 on my G750JM and have not had a BSOD even on the latest NV drivers. Over 2 weeks now. This seems to indicate that 8.1 is part of the problem. It might have nothing to do with NV. It could be another driver causing problems.

hmscott
09-09-2014, 07:15 PM
I see some people don't watch all of the threads about the power state BSOD.
I installed Win7 on my G750JM and have not had a BSOD even on the latest NV drivers. Over 2 weeks now. This seems to indicate that 8.1 is part of the problem. It might have nothing to do with NV. It could be another driver causing problems.

swaaye, I wouldn't suggest that CĂ©dric, or anyone, downgrade to Windows 7 as a solution.

swaaye
09-09-2014, 07:30 PM
Oh I wasn't following your conversation with Caedric. I only wanted to share that Windows 7 seems to work fine for whatever reason. I definitely recommend people go for a return if they aren't interested in hoping for ASUS to come through.

Actually this problem brings back memories of the G73JH. That notebook needed a video BIOS update because the Radeon would become unstable on anything but the ASUS original release Radeon driver. That fix didn't come for 8 months or so. It also didn't affect everyone, which is the vibe I get from this problem as well because the forums are rather quiet about it.

hmscott
09-09-2014, 08:03 PM
Oh I wasn't following your conversation with Caedric. I only wanted to share that Windows 7 seems to work fine for whatever reason. I definitely recommend people go for a return if they aren't interested in hoping for ASUS to come through.

Actually this problem brings back memories of the G73JH. That notebook needed a video BIOS update because the Radeon would become unstable on anything but the ASUS original release Radeon driver. That fix didn't come for 8 months or so. It also didn't affect everyone, which is the vibe I get from this problem as well because the forums are rather quiet about it.

swaaye, so far it's been reported BSOD's happen with all JM's - noone has said that they have a JM and don't get BSOD's with new Nvidia drivers - at least not for long :)

The quiet may indicate people don't update their Nvidia drivers, maybe people are reading the Forum posts before posting about the problem, and it may also be that many don't play games, or use the JM GPU in the manner that shows the BSOD.

Without positive confirmation from a JM owner that they can run the latest Nvidia drivers, and play games / use the GPU without BSOD, I don't think we can't say the quiet indicates that some JM's don't have the problem.

CĂ©dric
09-10-2014, 03:04 AM
Hi

So LDLC told me that i can get my money back till 09/18/2014. After that, exchange will be my only option.

Just tell me how making a "clean" install and i'll give it a try.

hmscott
09-10-2014, 03:46 AM
Hi

So LDLC told me that i can get my money back till 09/18/2014. After that, exchange will be my only option.

Just tell me how making a "clean" install and i'll give it a try.

CĂ©dric, there are several definitions of Clean Install in this context.

1) Clean Install of the Nvidia Video driver. Choose the Custom install, and at the left bottom corner of the list of drivers to install there is a Check box that says Clean Install - it will erase your old driver and preferences and then install the new driver - it may reboot before installing the driver - just login after reboot and wait for the install to continue.

2) Clean Install of Asus Windows OS - restores the laptop back to the original out of box configuration from the image stored on the Recovery Partition. You can do this from a cold boot (not a reboot/restart) by starting to press the F9 key (just the F9 key, don't use the Fn key) and keep tapping the F9 key until you are in the Refresh/Reset menu - and select Reset to delete the old partitions, create new partitions, and restore the OS.

3) Clean Install of Microsoft Windows - use Microsoft DVD / USB to install the OS. This will install the original Microsoft Windows without Updates, Asus drivers or apps. You will need to build it back up from nothing to where the Asus OEM install is, and then beyond to include Windows updates available after Microsoft/Asus created their install. You will then need to find and download all the Asus latest applications and drivers and install them.

What kind of clean install do you want to do? :)

CĂ©dric
09-10-2014, 04:02 AM
"CĂ©dric can confirm this by doing a Custom=>Clean update, or regular update, to a newer than 332.60 driver, like the current 340.52 and run for a while to see if the BSOD's come back. Maybe the latest updates have fixed it."

I guess u were talking about clean instal of the Nvidia Driver.

BTW i've installed only the 332.60 driver, no G-froce experience, no asus gpu tweak cuz i've heard that was useless and BSOD can came from there.
What do u think? Would i install them or not?

hmscott
09-10-2014, 07:26 AM
"CĂ©dric can confirm this by doing a Custom=>Clean update, or regular update, to a newer than 332.60 driver, like the current 340.52 and run for a while to see if the BSOD's come back. Maybe the latest updates have fixed it."

I guess u were talking about clean instal of the Nvidia Driver.

CĂ©dric, yes, it was the Clean Install of the Nvidia driver - what I do when installing new Nvidia drivers to avoid problems of upgrades - which probably are more rare these days, but it doesn't hurt.

Nvidia didn't used to make Clean Install visible through the installer, but now that they do I use it every time. You do need to go back and redo all the Nvidia Control Panel Preferences after the Clean Install of the new driver.

On the JM/JS/JZ the Asus Tweak tool for Laptops is the only way to get Full speed GPU fan running. There is a Full Fan switch that gives you another -10c cooling, so you want to install Asus Tweak Tool for Laptops - it should have already come installed as part of the Asus Windows install - check.

The idea of the Clean Install of the newest Nvidia driver, after doing all the available Windows updates, and doing all the available Windows 8.1 driver updates, is to test if the BSOD problem has been fixed.

Maybe not now, although a whole bunch of Windows updates showed up today so maybe it is a good time, but when you are at a point where Microsoft or Nvidia or someone in the Forum says update all of these things and then try the latest Nvidia driver - you want to do a Clean Install of that new Nvidia driver.

There is a new Nvidia beta 340.76 available from non-Nvidia/Asus sources, so that suggests there may be a new Nvidia driver coming soon. There had been a new one every month for a while, now its been longer than a month, so it is time for one to drop soon.

Ge-Force Experience is ok, I turn off auto-updates on everything, but I leave on the game profile updates, and although I usually edit up the settings it suggests, it is a temporarily useful guideline for new games on what to not set on Ultra.

The G750JM is a great laptop, and it sucks that for right now you can't install the latest Nvidia driver, but it's not a deal breaker - I have faith that Asus will make sure it gets fixed - and that Nvidia will fix it in an upcoming release. But, there are lots of good laptops coming out soon - it's a lot to ask a customer to put up with this problem for more than a few weeks, and we are already past that...

Have you fully updated Windows 8.1 and updated all your Windows 8.1 drivers, except for the Nvidia driver?

CĂ©dric
09-10-2014, 09:00 AM
Im actually updating windows8.1.

My Windows 8.1 drivers? You mean thoses? > http://www.asus.com/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/ASUS_ROG_G750JM/HelpDesk_Download/

If a new Nvidia driver's comming soon, should'nt i wait before updating my Nvidia driver?

Thank you for ur extensive answer

hmscott
09-10-2014, 09:17 AM
Im actually updating windows8.1.

My Windows 8.1 drivers? You mean thoses? > http://www.asus.com/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/ASUS_ROG_G750JM/HelpDesk_Download/

If a new Nvidia driver's comming soon, should'nt i wait before updating my Nvidia driver?

Thank you for ur extensive answer

CĂ©dric, you can certainly wait for the next Nvidia driver release.

You may have already seen my list of places to find updated drivers, but I will re-post it here again for you. Asus updates drivers for your hardware components in lots of other product areas and central product component support areas.

The G750JW/JX/JH download areas haven't had new updates for a while, at the time of this post the JM download area is where to get the latest Windows 8.1 updates for all G750's

As new G750/G56JR/G550/G551/G771 models are released then their download area will be the ones to watch. BIOS updates still happen in your model's support area, so still check there from time to time.

Here is the list of places I look for updates for my G750JH; the best way to get a stable fully functioning G750/G751 is to update all the drivers / apps to the latest Windows 8.1 release.

The G750JW/JX/JH/JM/JS/JZ download areas haven't had new updates for a while, BIOS updates still happen in your model's support area, so check there from time to time.

The G750/G751/551/500/etc share the same basic hardware components; check support download areas for new hardware for newer drivers.

Asus maintains central support areas for hardware component features common to all products, those areas usually have the latest drivers after new hardware releases, sometimes there is a lag before the newer drivers show up there, so still to new product releases support downloads for the latest drivers.

Asus G751 Support / Download areas - Asus hasn't updated all the versions of these support areas, this link discusses the 3 locations were started independantly and not sync'd/updated through to the latest driver releases - check them all to be sure.
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?55572-Asus-G751-Support-Download-areas&p=461698&viewfull=1#post461698

This G751JM/JT/JY/JL download area has the latest drivers of all the G750/G751 support download areas:

G751 Support / Download Areas - Newest - has all 4 G751 models
http://www.asus.com/Search/?SearchKey=g751

G750 Support / Download Areas - Newest - has the G750JY/JZ/JS/JM/JH models
http://www.asus.com/Search/?SearchKey=g750

G750JX - new support location, updates?
http://www.asus.com/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/ASUS_ROG_G750JX/

G750JW - new support location, updates?
http://www.asus.com/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/ASUS_ROG_G750JW/

Here are the latest Asus posted VGA drivers currently 347.25 ; it's better to get the latest from Nvidia - 347.88

Asus doesn't modify the drivers, they release the identical driver packages as Nvidia releases.
http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=VGA&p=3&s=111

Notebook Audio drivers - Realtek 7443 - current confirmed to work on G751/G750, some G750 users say 7335 works best for them, if you find a newer release version that works, please let us all know which version and G750/G751 model it works on.
http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=Audio&os=30

Notebook Card Reader (realtek) G750 / G751(?)
http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=Card+reader&os=30

Notebook Bluetooth drivers
http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=Bluetooth&p=3&ft=27&os=30

Notebook WLAN drivers (no Intel)
http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=WLAN&os=3

Notebook LAN drivers
http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=3&s=589&m=LAN&os=&hashedid=n%2fa

KBFilter driver
http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=3&m=KBFilter&hashedid=n%2fa

Asus Backtracker for Windows 8.1 download
http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=3&m=Backtracker&hashedid=n%2fa

Asus Backtracker FAQ
http://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1008640/

Asus SmartGesture
http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=3&m=ASUS+Smart+Gesture&hashedid=n%2fa

Asus Touchpad
http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=Touchpad&os=30

Asus ATK Package
http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=3&m=ATK%20Package&hashedid=n/a

Asus GPU Tweak for Graphics Cards, currently at release 2.7.9.0 for the G750JW/JX/JH and G751JT/JY
http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=9&m=ASUS%20GPU%20Tweak%20for%20Graphics%20cards&hashedid=n/a

Asus GPU Tweak for Laptops, currently at release v1.0.9 for the G750JS/JM/JZ and other new ROG laptops with Optimus
http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=3&m=ASUS+GPU+Tweak+for+Laptops&hashedid=n%2fa

Here are the Asus posted VGA drivers, it's better to get the latest from Nvidia - currently 347.88
http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=VGA&p=3&s=111

Nvidia Drivers direct from Nvidia
http://www.geforce.com/drivers

Asus stopped updating their Intel INFUpdate support area, so go directly to Intel to get the latest chipset INF - currently 10.0.26
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/20775/Intel-Chipset-Device-Software-INF-Update-Utility-

For the G750JH/JZ RAID and G751JY PCIE SSD, or if you have implemented RAID, the latest SetupRST.exe is currently 13.6.0.1002
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&keyword=Intel+Rapid+Storage+Technology+%28Intel+RS T%29+RAID+Driver

Caastiel
09-10-2014, 10:00 AM
swaaye, so far it's been reported BSOD's happen with all JM's - noone has said that they have a JM and don't get BSOD's with new Nvidia drivers - at least not for long :)

The quiet may indicate people don't update their Nvidia drivers, maybe people are reading the Forum posts before posting about the problem, and it may also be that many don't play games, or use the JM GPU in the manner that shows the BSOD.

Without positive confirmation from a JM owner that they can run the latest Nvidia drivers, and play games / use the GPU without BSOD, I don't think we can't say the quiet indicates that some JM's don't have the problem.

G750JM owner here. Can confirm new drivers solved the problem, I don't experience BSODs any longer even with heavy usage since maybe one or two driver versions ago. Though this is just my experience and others may still experience BSODs even with updated drivers.

CĂ©dric
09-10-2014, 02:34 PM
hmscott

Really thank you for list but i just dont get it,
If I buy a JM then i look for drivers in JM's area, logic isn't it? How the hell a regular laptop's user (ex: me) can find thoses drivers with no help?
I mean where's asus' logic?

Caastiel

Which drivers are u talking about? 340.52?

swaaye
09-10-2014, 05:08 PM
G750JM owner here. Can confirm new drivers solved the problem, I don't experience BSODs any longer even with heavy usage since maybe one or two driver versions ago. Though this is just my experience and others may still experience BSODs even with updated drivers.
I saw a driver power state BSOD with 340.52 on Win8.1. In fact I sent ASUS a 16GB memory dump of that BSOD.

swaaye
09-10-2014, 05:11 PM
hmscott

If I buy a JM then i look for drivers in JM's area, logic isn't it? How the hell a regular laptop's user (ex: me) can find thoses drivers with no help?

Caastiel

Just go to the ASUS G750JM download page and get the drivers you need.

340.52 is available directly from NVIDIA's download page.

Caastiel
09-11-2014, 04:47 AM
hmscott

Caastiel

Yes, 340.52 and on 8.1. Probably just my luck though since it seems that you're still getting BSODs.

cl-Albert
09-11-2014, 06:25 PM
fyi.
Not sure if this will make any difference and sorry if it's already been confirmed not to help, but thought those G750JM owners who report they are not seeing this problem may want to check if Windows Update KB2975719 has been installed as in the screenshot below (it's from my G750JZ test unit).

We might also want to check if G750JM owners who are seeing the problem have installed this Microsoft update as well to help confirm if it makes a difference or not.

It was posted earlier by CĂ©dric, but below is the link from Microsoft's page again that says KB2975719 may help with DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE errors, so something I thought we should look into more.

Caastiel
09-12-2014, 04:19 AM
fyi.
Not sure if this will make any difference and sorry if it's already been confirmed not to help, but thought those G750JM owners who report they are not seeing this problem may want to check if Windows Update KB2975719 has been installed as in the screenshot below (it's from my G750JZ test unit).

We might also want to check if G750JM owners who are seeing the problem have installed this Microsoft update as well to help confirm if it makes a difference or not.

It was posted earlier by CĂ©dric, but below is the link from Microsoft's page again that says KB2975719 may help with DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE errors, so something I thought we should look into more.

KB2975719 hasn't been installed on my JM and I'm not getting crashes since a couple driver versions ago.
Win 8.1 JM with latest drivers.
This is weird. Has any JM owners tried updating their BIOS?

hmscott
09-12-2014, 05:06 AM
KB2975719 hasn't been installed on my JM and I'm not getting crashes since a couple driver versions ago.
Win 8.1 JM with latest drivers.
This is weird. Has any JM owners tried updating their BIOS?

Caastiel, you might want to try a little broader testing to try to get the BSOD to happen. A number of people thought they had a solution, and it ended up they didn't do what it took to induce the BSOD, but eventually had it - it can be random and happen at start of a game, restart of a game, or shortly after leaving a game.

Caastiel
09-12-2014, 08:32 AM
Caastiel, you might want to try a little broader testing to try to get the BSOD to happen. A number of people thought they had a solution, and it ended up they didn't do what it took to induce the BSOD, but eventually had it - it can be random and happen at start of a game, restart of a game, or shortly after leaving a game.
Yup, I use it for heavy gaming and programming. Not sure what else I can try to induce the BSOD other than what I usually do before the BSOD got fixed for me. I have just installed KB2975719 though, we'll see if anything happens.

hmscott
09-12-2014, 08:38 AM
Yup, I use it for heavy gaming and programming. Not sure what else I can try to induce the BSOD other than what I usually do before the BSOD got fixed for me. I have just installed KB2975719 though, we'll see if anything happens.

Caastiel, IDK, it's strange you are the only one reporting no BSOD on 340.52. Since others have reported what they did worked, and then later came back and said never-mind, they were still getting crashes, I just thought you might be in that situation.

The KB2975719 is an optional patch, did you read the links? Did you install the new one or the old one? The old one caused BSOD's, the new one fix's the BSOD's caused by the old one, but has nothing to do with the BSOD problem with new Nvidia drivers :)

CĂ©dric
09-14-2014, 06:59 PM
fyi.

Hi

I confirm that last Nvidia driver + Windows Update KB2975719 = BSOD.

Edit by cl-Albert: CĂ©dric, thanks for the feedback!

FalconFX
09-14-2014, 08:06 PM
hmscott, I upgraded to the 340.52 through nvidia xp, and everything seems good till now, for performance, noticed some improvements, but nothng ground breaking, thank you :)

hmscott
09-14-2014, 08:19 PM
hmscott, I upgraded to the 340.52 through nvidia xp, and everything seems good till now, for performance, noticed some improvements, but nothng ground breaking, thank you :)

FalconFX, good news, but expected, the JH can run the latest Nvidia drivers without issue, so far :)

Have fun!

FalconFX
09-14-2014, 08:21 PM
FalconFX, good news, but expected, the JH can run the latest Nvidia drivers without issue, so far :)

Have fun!

Fingers crossed :D

CĂ©dric
09-19-2014, 04:36 AM
Hi

So there's a new nvidia driver so its time to dl it and cross fingers.
feedback soon

*oh god plz no more bsod"

samcraw
09-19-2014, 11:50 AM
Im almost scared to get too happy in case it lets me down, but i used to get bsod's out the ass and i really think the new 344.11 update finally fixed it. Been on my computer for hours with no problems : )

CĂ©dric
09-19-2014, 12:22 PM
same here , no prob till now but scared to get happy :(

usmanm77
09-20-2014, 09:59 PM
same here , no prob till now but scared to get happy :(

Hello guys, any update on the driver?

CĂ©dric
09-21-2014, 02:51 AM
Hello

Update: BSOD BSOD BSOD.
Sry, still bugged with last nvidia driver.

ComputerTech
10-12-2014, 03:55 PM
Just thought I'd update the BSOD Issue by stating that as of driver 344.11 I have not seen the dreaded screen in about 2 weeks. This is with the graphics switching enabled instead of having the JM only use the GTX 860. The only problem I am having is that after leaving the G750JM in sleep mode it will not wake up at times and I have to do a hard shut down. It also at times fails to shut down and leaves the backlit keyboard on, but the screen goes black. Little quirks, but it seems to be that driver 344.11 does finally fix the constant BSOD since I have yet to see one in 2 weeks of constant use. Performance wise, 344.11 is certainly a step up from the Asus modded drivers on the support page.

dullz
10-13-2014, 10:37 AM
Updated to latest driver 344.11 ...no BSOD its been 24 hrs
tried everything to cause it
all seems good
fingers crossed

CĂ©dric
10-13-2014, 01:57 PM
i used to have about 3-4 BSOD per day with the olders drivers. Since i'm using the lastest driver 344.11 it mostly likes 1 per 2 weeks.
I heard about people who was getting BSOD after leaving sleep mode, in my case i never use this mode, it's always ON or OFF si i can't tell.

gbman11
11-08-2014, 08:59 PM
I Was getting Power_State_Driver_Failure until I updated my Geforce Experience

Assmuncher
12-16-2014, 09:59 AM
Okay fun story time. Be me. Be end of november. HP craptop quits. Went and got a new 750JM DS71.
First few days of program installing no issues. Hook it up to my monitor via hdmi, keyboard ect (docked style config). No problems. Second week of ownership driver power state failure bsod. Happens 2 or three more times over the next few days. Usually after 2 hours or so of consistent operation. Then mysteriously I run the laptop for 8 days solid no sleep no nothing. No problem. On the 9th day out of no where bsod. So then I traced the failures to a usb power management service. I forget the exe of it sorry, anyway I disabled this through task manager. Seemed to resolve the problem.

Then comes today. First time I have undocked the laptop and traveled with it and then tried to use it as a self contained device again (no external peripherals ect). Boots up. Within 3 minutes, IE before all services have fully started. I bsod. I allow it to reset itself normally. This repeats 5 more times. Each time I tried going into event viewer to try and see exactly what errors were being returned just prior to kernel power, but I didn't really have a chance to even open the damn thing. So then I started researching this issue. I found the following post, followed it, restarted, and had no problems for an hour of operation:

From Iconoclast:
Hi,

Was done for the night so I shutdown normally after that. My question is, what is the likely-hood that I fixed it, considering it was so bad windows was not starting properly? Some notes: 12 gb ram, the 1 tb 5400 rpm hdd, most up to date version of windows 8.1. Most up to date version of Nvidia GFE is installed and enabled. EtdELAN controller (gputweak) is installed but disabled in services and in startup so it doesn't run. May end up un-installing. Most recent driver (non beta) version currently installed. Also, I have found that the nvidia stream service (nvdstrm.exe) may also cause this. I will wait and see if I BSOD again and if so my likely action would be to uninstall that service and associated driver. Other question, is there any siginificant preformance hit likely due to disabling turbomaster? Have not tried playing anything since I disabled it. Also note worthy: on my system this problem does not manifest itself in relation to playing or closing a video game at all. Happens during idle or startup purely out of the blue.

Hoping I got this gremlin. Also am relatively sure per this thread and many other posts around the internet that these are not hardware related issues, its just specific to those of us unlucky enough to buy this particular G750 model with the GTX860m. So that is good I guess. I will post in a few days....depending on if it stays fixed. Otherwise I might be back sooner to see if the nvdstrm thing works. Anyway, I hope you guys can give me some thoughts/answers on this I am crossing my fingers that maybe its not "just the driver" being bad since supposedly newer drivers were alleged to resolve this (which they clearly did not). For reference there are threads on the GEforce forums about this as well.

Reason I bring up the entire thing is it seems to me there are 3-4 different causes for this. Some people are good after rolling back. Some are good only after disabling turbomaster. And some do neither but just remove that nvidia stream service thing and are solid.

It also occurs to me that perhaps removing both ETDElan totally and Nvidia GFE totally would work, but of course then I am left with fewer optimization options for the gpu so that would suck to be totally honest.

Assmuncher
12-16-2014, 10:04 AM
Some addendums:
Why exactly would the turbo-master feature be causing/contributing to this? As I understand it, this is sort of like an automatic overclocker.

Also, I will try rolling back through GFE if all else fails. Going to run tests with TBM disabled and see what happens. Worth noting downgrading to win7 has worked for some people, but its not a universal solution so far as I am aware.

4bluedog
06-03-2015, 06:53 PM
I've got a solution:
1. get rid of Intel and Nvidia graphics drivers width Display Driver Uninstaler (in safe mode)
http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html
2. download latest Intel GPU drivers for HD 4600 and install it
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/search?keyword=4th+Generation+Intel%C2%AE+Core%E2% 84%A2+Processors+with+Intel%C2%AE+HD+Graphics+4600
3. reboot
4. download latest Nvidia drivers for GTX 860M and install it
http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/85819/en-us
4. reboot and have fun!!! :)