PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth mouse lag w/ Atheros wifi active

Yahooligan
10-12-2011, 05:45 AM
I did a quick search and didn't find anything, has anyone experienced issues with bluetooth mice being jumpy/slow/laggy when connected to wifi and downloading data, loading websites, etc?

I'm using a Microsoft Notebook Mouse 5000 via bluetooth and it works great unless there's activity on wifi. I'm using the Atheros BT driver dated 3/8/2011 and version 7.2.0.65, also using BIOS 202.

I don't recall having this problem before, but I haven't used the mouse much with this laptop. In fact, I know I didn't have this problem before today, but I'm pretty sure I've actually updated multiple drivers since the last time I used it. Hmmmm... :confused:

JRd1st
10-12-2011, 11:13 AM
Look here - http://www.asusrog.com/forums/showthread.php?4620-Bluetooth-headphone-problem&p=33953&viewfull=1#post33953

Good luck!

Yahooligan
10-13-2011, 08:34 AM
Hmmm, not sure what that download was supposed to do but it didn't change my bluetooth drivers. :( Nothing updated that I could find, I even uninstalled the BT device in Device Manager and tried again, nothing happened. I had go download the BT drivers from ASUS' site to get BT working again.

JRd1st
10-13-2011, 10:30 AM
Your BT and wifi are on the same card. The old wifi drivers have a huge latency problem. Hence, updating the wifi drivers helps the bt.

Anyway, I never advised you to uninstall your bt drivers, so...

Yahooligan
10-13-2011, 04:49 PM
Your BT and wifi are on the same card. The old wifi drivers have a huge latency problem. Hence, updating the wifi drivers helps the bt.

Anyway, I never advised you to uninstall your bt drivers, so...

Yes, I know they're the same card. It wasn't clear WHAT the installer was going to update. ;) My wifi driver is 4.2.0.439. The driver setup never resulted in the typical update and then rediscovery of hardware as is typical with driver updates. In any case, my mouse + wifi are working fine together today. We'll see if it lasts.

JRd1st
10-13-2011, 04:52 PM
You're welcome