PDA

View Full Version : G750JS - Shadowplay problem

Stereofunk
06-13-2014, 11:01 AM
Hello everyone. Thanks in advance for any tips or advices. I'd just gotten the G750JS with GTX870M. Couldn't be happier with it. But there's a slight problem i'm facing which i hope somebody can help me out. My laptop crashes whenever i try to turn on Shadowplay. I get a IRQ not equal bla bla bla notification whenever i flick the switch on for Shadowplay and the system reboots. Anybody knows what the problem is and any work around for that? All my drivers are updated ad I am on Nvidia 337.88.

Thank you. :)

theclaw37
06-13-2014, 11:45 AM
Uninstall every NVIDIA related thing (including drivers, GF experience etc.). Then download the driver from geforce.com, and when you reinstall check the option to do a "Clean install".

Prostar Computer
06-13-2014, 10:37 PM
...download the driver from geforce.com, and when you reinstall check the option to do a "Clean install".

The clean installation option is within the "Custom (Advanced)" installation option, just FYI for the OP. :)

Stereofunk
06-14-2014, 06:30 AM
Ok let me try that out. Thanks guys for being awesome again. Appreciate your help! :)

Stereofunk
06-14-2014, 07:06 AM
The Nvidia drivers installation fails and windows 8.1 crashes halfway into it. I've tried both custom and express install but it just refuses to install and crash. IRQL_Not_Equal etc error message.

Stereofunk
06-15-2014, 11:19 AM
Did a system restore and clean installation of drivers and problems solved. Thanks guys.