PDA

View Full Version : Cant start GPU on battery

shimtronics
06-13-2014, 07:02 PM
While running on battery can you enable the GPU to run high end games?... And if so with the GPU switched on, for how long can the machine run on battery while gaming? Ive tried changing the power plans. But can only get high fps when laptop is plugged in. Someone please help on how to switch on GPU while running the laptop on battery.

*) Owner of a ROG G750 JMDS71 :)

BIOHAZARD9519
06-13-2014, 07:17 PM
The power will be throttled, and battery life will vary on how power hungry the game will need to be, but don't expect anything crazy long. You could also try enabling nvidia battery boost and play around with the fps limiter with various games and see which results you get. I have the JS so I can't really tell you how yours will hold up.

shimtronics
06-13-2014, 07:20 PM
Thanks for the reply. So, in the JS roughly how long does it work on battery when plugged in?

Prostar Computer
06-13-2014, 07:51 PM
The battery cannot supply enough power, so as BIOHAZARD mentioned, you'll be faced with severely limited gaming performance.

So, in the JS roughly how long does it work on battery when plugged in?

What do you mean? I thought the original question was gaming on battery while not plugged in.

shimtronics
06-14-2014, 02:36 AM
The battery cannot supply enough power, so as BIOHAZARD mentioned, you'll be faced with severely limited gaming performance.

What do you mean? I thought the original question was gaming on battery while not plugged in.
My bad, sorry. So what you are saying is that even though its a gamimg laptop the GPU does not work when laptop is running on battery?....

shimtronics
06-19-2014, 01:10 AM
Okay so can someone please answer the folloeing questions:
1) Does the G750 JM use Nvidea optimus the technology?
2) By any means could you switch the GPU while the laptop is running on battery say to use Solid Works or any other 3D graphics processing software?