PDA

View Full Version : Asus G75VW-BBK5 Keyboard Issue

Savage_Titan117
06-13-2014, 11:43 PM
Been a really fun week for me... This is kinda a long story so I'm sorry if it seems unorganized or well-written. Last Sunday I noticed my "A" key was making a little noise every time I clicked it. After a day of this I took it off and learned that a plastic tab from the key retainer clip had broken off, I'm still not sure if this was what was actually causing the noise or if I broke it while taking the key off. http://i.imgur.com/SY48QrP.jpg that little plastic piece sticking out to the left, there should be another one like it on the other side. So I sent for a replacement key, just received it today. I took it to a computer repair/help shop and the guy there put it on for me but it didn't fit right, everything about the key was right and it was brand new. It was working okay-ish until I got home, now it only works if I put a bunch of pressure on it, more pressure than I can even do with the way my hand normally rests on the keyboard when playing a game. What I wanted to do was send the laptop to Asus and get the entire keyboard replaced, but that gives way to another problem. I bought my laptop from Newegg, refurbished so I can't register it on their website. And my Newegg 1 year warranty is over. Any suggestions on what I should do? I can still use the laptop but I can't use the "A" key like I should be able to, FYI I'm using a wireless keyboard now so that's why I can use the letter "A". If you have any questions for me feel free to ask and I'll do my best to respond as soon as possible.

Clintlgm
06-14-2014, 12:30 AM
I replaced a J key, what you need to watch out for is the metal Tabs on the keyboard itself that hold the hinge the Silicone just fits in there. I did have to ajust my metal tabs to get the key to work right. You have to be very gentle them as if they break that the end of the whole keyboard. I got mine from this place a bit pricey but it works great http://www.replacementlaptopkeys.com/asus_g_laptop_key.html. Hopefully the repair guy didn't damage the metal tabs!!!

Savage_Titan117
06-14-2014, 01:16 AM
Thank you so much! It works much better now, I adjusted the metal tab and it works, it doesn't make the subtle click noise like all the other keys but at least it works.