PDA

View Full Version : Asus driver issue?

Faizy450
06-14-2014, 12:13 AM
Hey guys, hope I can get some help here.

I've recently built my own machine with an asus maximus vii ranger motherboard, and I'm trying to investigate slow restart speeds (whereas cold boots are extremely fast), and in event viewer I came across the following error:

"The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device ACPI\PNP0A0A\2&daba3ff&1.".

Some research shows its something to do with an Asus driver but right now I'm stumped as to what it can be and reckon this could be one of the reasons for a slow reboot.

Does anybody have any idea what it can be?

Thanks

Heini
06-14-2014, 02:04 AM
Which O.S. are you using ? Does device manager show any problems? Are you using a Logitech keyboard?

Faizy450
06-14-2014, 02:51 AM
Which O.S. are you using ? Does device manager show any problems? Are you using a Logitech keyboard?

Thanks for the reply

Windows 8.1
None whatsoever
No, using [URL="http://sumvision.com/?p=product&id=498"]Sumvision spectrum/URL]

Faizy450
06-17-2014, 09:29 PM
Can anybody help me here? I'm not sure who else to ask and was hopign asus was the best bet for an asus board.....

Wickman
06-17-2014, 10:49 PM
This is a windows driver.
Error is caused by Windows Driver Foundation - User-mode Driver Framework
"Service" is being disabled or will load sometimes in manual, it should be automatic.

Try this:
Run/services.msc
Go to Windows Driver Foundation - User-mode Driver Framework
Change startup type to automatic.

:)

Faizy450
06-17-2014, 10:51 PM
This is a windows driver.
Error is caused by Windows Driver Foundation - User-mode Driver Framework
"Service" is being disabled or will load sometimes in manual, it should be automatic.

Try this:
Run/services.msc
Go to Windows Driver Foundation - User-mode Driver Framework
Change startup type to automatic.

Hey. Thanks for the reply. That was the very first thing I checked when I got the error - it is set to automatic. The hardware ID is assosciated with something ACPI related within Asus motherboards, thats as much I read online, but didn't find a fix for it

Wickman
06-17-2014, 11:30 PM
Ok, the driver will try to load itself when you have connect someting external like an cardreader, usbdisk or something.
Have you something external connected?

Faizy450
06-17-2014, 11:36 PM
Ok, the driver will try to load itself when you have connect someting external like an cardreader, usbdisk or something.
Have you something external connected?

Nothing external, just usb mouse and keyboard. I reinstalled my Intel ME drivers, and so far no errors, so this may have been causing it, although I did a system restore yesterday. Fingers crossed. I'll get back to you and update you if I get the error again. Thanks

Wickman
06-17-2014, 11:48 PM
Good.

Faizy450
06-18-2014, 01:16 AM
Good.

The errors back after another few restarts. It's set to Automatic (Trigger Start) on services. I can't turn the trigger start off apparantely..

HiVizMan
06-18-2014, 11:07 AM
Do you have AIsuite installed?

Wickman
06-18-2014, 12:49 PM
Was just to ask about the same.
:) :)

Faizy450
06-18-2014, 07:20 PM

Was just to ask about the same.
:) :)

No I don't. Do I need it installed? I'm not really keen on the program.

Wickman
06-18-2014, 11:02 PM
No I don't. Do I need it installed? I'm not really keen on the program.
No, you don't need to have it installed, actually it is better if you don't in this case.
Well, anyhow this will be a tricky one to solve, for the moment I have run out of ideas.

Faizy450
06-18-2014, 11:25 PM
No, you don't need to have it installed, actually it is better if you don't in this case.
Well, anyhow this will be a tricky one to solve, for the moment I have run out of ideas.

Okay. If you, or anyone else works out what could be causing the error, please let me know.

Wickman
06-18-2014, 11:34 PM
One thing slipped inot my mind. What driver do you use for you HHD/SSD?

Faizy450
06-18-2014, 11:47 PM
One thing slipped inot my mind. What driver do you use for you HHD/SSD?

I didn't think I needed to isntall drivers for my HDD, I thought they were just plug and play? I'm jsut using a standard seagate barraccuda 2tb

Wickman
06-18-2014, 11:50 PM
No you shall not need that, but check to be sure what driver there is. Is it an standard windows driver for instance.

Faizy450
06-19-2014, 12:01 AM
No you shall not need that, but check to be sure what driver there is. Is it an standard windows driver for instance.

I think it is just a standard windows driver - how can I confirm?

Wickman
06-19-2014, 12:12 AM
Open the "Device manager". You should find in if you rightklick on the windows ikon in the left down corner.

Faizy450
06-19-2014, 12:14 AM
Open the "Device manager". You should find in if you rightklick on the windows ikon in the left down corner.

It's a windows driver - "Digital Signer: Microsoft Windows"

Wickman
06-19-2014, 12:24 AM
Thats good.
Now go to your seagate support site and update your hard drive firmware. You shall always do that if you run win8.1.
After that go and see if you have an update for your grafic card driver.

Report back.

Faizy450
06-19-2014, 12:46 AM
Thats good.
Now go to your seagate support site and update your hard drive firmware. You shall always do that if you run win8.1.
After that go and see if you have an update for your grafic card driver.

Report back.

There appears to be no firmware update for my hard drive. I downloaded new beta drivers for my graphics card a few hours ago - I have the latest drivers.

Wickman
06-19-2014, 01:10 AM
That's odd there ought to be a firmware update....
Well, what other drivers can we think of... :)

Pehapes you can post a pic of your Device Manager here so we can have a look.

Faizy450
06-19-2014, 01:15 AM
That's odd there ought to be a firmware update....
Well, what other drivers can we think of... :)

Pehapes you can post a pic of your Device Manager here so we can have a look.

http://imgur.com/fcfrByY that's them all.

The PNP0A0 hardware id in the error log relates to the AMDA00 Interface driver, under system devices, if that's any help.

Wickman
06-19-2014, 01:23 AM
Ahaa, you have AMDA00 installed. That solves the hole thing. That little bugger is defective.
How did you manage to get that thing into your system?
I recall you said that you did not install AI Suite?

Faizy450
06-19-2014, 01:49 AM
Ahaa, you have AMDA00 installed. That solves the hole thing. That little bugger is defective.
How did you manage to get that thing into your system?
I recall you said that you did not install AI Suite?

When I don't have it installed it shows it as "Unknown Device", so i clicked scan for hardware changes, and that solved the problem and AMDA00 came up. I believe it's installed with Intel Management Engine.

Wickman
06-19-2014, 02:08 AM
Ok, prehapes you right or it comes with the MEI. I have no clue any more. :)
Maybe HiWizMan can come up with some thoughts.

Faizy450
06-19-2014, 02:19 AM
Ok, prehapes you right or it comes with the MEI. I have no clue any more. :)
Maybe HiWizMan can come up with some thoughts.

Sorry my mistake - I don't think it does come with MEI, but when I uninstall that, it comes up with another unknown device. I uninstalled the amda00 interface, so that created 2 unknown devices, MEI got rid of one when I reinstalled it, but the AMDA00 one is still there so I just disabled the unknown device referring to the AMDA00 itnerface, will this pose any errors?

Wickman
06-19-2014, 02:34 AM
I have no ide' try. :)
what devices that can be related to this is going beyond my skills.

Now I am going to hit the sack. :)

Wickman
06-19-2014, 05:50 PM
New day, more thinking. :)
Neither ME or MEI will install amda00.

This i what I think have happen when you got amda00 into your system:

Probably you have win8.1 set to look for and install drivers automatically?
And at some point you also have put in the ASUS dvd into your computer just to have a look of what's in it?

If you do that (and win is set for automatically install drivers) win 8.1 will scan the dvd and automatically install all drivers it find.

To check if you have win8.1 set to install drivers automatically follow this little guid:
http://www.microcentertech.com/tech_center/DB/read_article.php?faqid=./HowTos/HOW5006661B.htm

Please report back if I was right or not about this.