PDA

View Full Version : G56 Hardware! and Software CRITICAL errors

xdon82
06-14-2014, 02:04 PM
Everyone who has G56JR please check this:

1) Laptop plugged [power]: when you put your finger or fingers on touchpad , then the mouse cursor begins to shiver very hard and your are unable to make precision thing , like drawing, or zoomin in/out [two fingers], scrolling [two fingers]
IT WILL OCCOUR if you do not touch the chassis !! When you touch chassis and touchpad at the same time [or when laptop is unplugged] it's OK. Perhaps engineers forgot to put ground wire from laptop to power supply ? or other problem ?
IT IS VERY BAD ERROR .. How it can be fixed ? I don't belive that Asus support will help me

2) Laptop [especially when plugged] often does not go into sleep mode after pre-set amount of time [even after Windows fresh installation and when no application work]

3) physX GPU doesn't work when it should on specific games and applications [even when forced -only physX CPU] - there is no new drivers on Asus web page - nvidia ones are blocked by Asus

again I don't believe that Asus Poland support will help me. What to do in that case. This laptop has many fatal errors, especially with touchpad - it will be hard to repair

rathaROG
06-14-2014, 03:00 PM
Hi xdon82! I've had my G56JR since this Monday and I've found no problem with touchpad both plugged or unplugged. Your second problem is so strange :confused:. I don't fine it on my G56JR as well, and yes, I'm also waiting for the GPU update too. Hope ASUS releases it soon. About your problem, it sounds like a kinda hardware problem. I think you should return your laptop to ASUS service center and ask them for support. :)

xdon82
06-14-2014, 04:55 PM
Thanks for reply. Remember - if you hold the laptop on your knees then it's grounded. are u sure you do not touch chassis ? put your laptop on the table.. and put down finger on the touchpad and hold.... then.. is eveything ok with cursor ?

about second problem. Change some behaviors what system will do when you close laptop lid and then check again.. I first found the problem when I changed the settings there

hmscott
06-14-2014, 10:11 PM
Everyone who has G56JR please check this:

1) Laptop plugged [power]: when you put your finger or fingers on touchpad , then the mouse cursor begins to shiver very hard and your are unable to make precision thing , like drawing, or zoomin in/out [two fingers], scrolling [two fingers]
IT WILL OCCOUR if you do not touch the chassis !! When you touch chassis and touchpad at the same time [or when laptop is unplugged] it's OK. Perhaps engineers forgot to put ground wire from laptop to power supply ? or other problem ?
IT IS VERY BAD ERROR .. How it can be fixed ? I don't belive that Asus support will help me

2) Laptop [especially when plugged] often does not go into sleep mode after pre-set amount of time [even after Windows fresh installation and when no application work]

3) physX GPU doesn't work when it should on specific games and applications [even when forced -only physX CPU] - there is no new drivers on Asus web page - nvidia ones are blocked by Asus

again I don't believe that Asus Poland support will help me. What to do in that case. This laptop has many fatal errors, especially with touchpad - it will be hard to repair

xdon82, sitting on your lap is not grounding :)

The electrical ground in many homes are not adequate, and most of the time someone has reported this problem here in the forum, it has been due to bad grounding.

If you have a school or business you can take the laptop and plug in to a known good ground location - ask - don't guess - you won't have the jittery touchpad. Try it. In the rare possibility you still have the problem then return the laptop and try another one.

There are simple devices you can get at hardware stores to plug in the wall to confirm the grounding problem - talk to an electrician to find a good device, or ask them to test your outlets, and recommend a solution.

Search for touchpad ground in the forums. Many posts are posts of discovery or guesses, look for the actual solutions found in threads, don't dwell on incorrect diagnosis or guesses.

2) There must to be something interrupting sleep mode, like keyboard/touchpad input. If you have a jittery touchpad with stray current due to bad grounding, that could cause it. You could try using the Asus Smart Gesture to disable the Touchpad when an external mouse is plugged in, and use an external mouse for right now - to see if that allows sleep mode.

3) If the physX is working in some games, and not in others, you should google those game names and use tags like optimus and physx to see other reports, and potential solutions. You didn't tell us the game names, we need to see them to recommend solutions.

There are games that don't play well with Optimus, you can sometimes find fixes using Nvidia 3D settings for the game - and use the 3rd party tool NVIDIA Inspector 1.9.7.2
http://www.guru3d.com/files_details/nvidia_inspector_download.html

Relax and get to know your G56R, and it's limitations - shared with all Windows laptops using Optimus, it is unfortunate there are such tweak and tuning requirements to get the best out of some apps/games on Optimus, and finding out what they are for your apps/games is part of the fun :)

xdon82
06-14-2014, 10:27 PM
oh so it's common problem. ?

Thank You very much
I thought it's unique ;) never heard about this... :)
I met with this first time :)

But i think that cable which connect laptop with power supply has only two wires + and - without GRND - and probably this is the problem - What you think ? So it's impossible to ground... However, my body is enough to "take off" to much electric charge

hmscott
06-14-2014, 10:32 PM
oh so it's common problem. ?

Thank You very much
I thought it's unique ;) never heard about this... :)
I met with this first time :)

But i think that cable which connect laptop with power supply has only two wires + and - without GRND - and probably this is the problem - What you think ? So it's impossible to ground... However, my body is enough to "take off" to much electric charge

xdon82, your power adapter only has 2 prong's going into the wall!?!, well that is the problem!

Check where the wall cord plugs in to the power adapter, unplug the cable from the power adapter, and look at how many prong's the socket has, it should have 3, not 2.

Both of my Power adapters for the G750JH have 3 prong wall cables and the socket on the power adapter has 3 prongs molded in to it.

If you only need a cable replacement, that carries all 3 prong's to the wall socket, that would be an easy fix :)

The power to the laptop is +/- DC, yes, but the shield and - connector carry the ground through to the laptop.

Without a path to ground, you - a large body of water - attracts the current - and goes through your fingers - through the touchpad, and makes the jittery inputs.

Bad idea => I guess you could try a grounding strap around your wrist connected to the laptop elsewhere - to allow the current through that path instead of your fingers, but ouch! that could be dangerous!! :(

Better to find a good ground path to bleed off the stray current. Anything else is unsafe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mains_electricity_by_country
Poland C, E BN-88/3064 230 V 50 Hz

Failures in Outlet Testing Exposed - 3 light testers fail to see “reverse polarity bootleg ground” (RPBG) - be careful!
http://ecmweb.com/contractor/failures-outlet-testing-exposed

Revolution in the earthing and lightening protection - in english and polski!
http://www.galmar.pl/

Galmar has a nice illustrated catalog of components for buildings
http://www.galmar.pl/Galmar-Earthing%20and%20lightning%20protection.pdf

If you own your place, you can hire an electrician to solve the problem, if you have a landlord you will need to gather evidence of the grounding problem, and unsafe condition, to report to them for repair.

There is another thing you can try... interrupt the ground path with a cheater plug adapter. This creates a floating ground situation, which may stop the stray current path, but can introduce other problems. It might be worth a try, since it costs $1 at the hardware store.

You plug your power adapter into the cheater plug already plugged in to the wall socket...breaking the path to ground can be enough to stop the problem. I use one to find ground loops causing audio hum and video hash - and then fix the problem.

This is what the US model looks like:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheater_plug

With bad grounding, you should be aware of these, in every modern bathroom / kitchen where electricity is used near water, a Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ground_Fault_Circuit_Interrupter

xdon82
06-15-2014, 12:47 AM
missunderstanding. AC adapter has 3 wires, but I'm sure that the second cable, which connect laptop to adapter has only + and - [DC] without GRND. This is why I think the laptop can't be grounded and there is too much electric charge. Perhaps the - connector which carry the ground through to the laptop is not enough. You wrote something about shield ....what shield did you write about ?

PS I live in apartment block.. probably grounding is enough good - rather problem with laptop / AC dapter design

hmscott
06-15-2014, 01:00 AM
missunderstanding. AC adapter has 3 wires, but I'm sure that the second cable, which connect laptop to adapter has only + and - [DC] without GRND. This is why I think the laptop can't be grounded and there is too much electric charge. Perhaps the - connector which carry the ground through to the laptop is not enough. You wrote something about shield ....what shield did you write about ?

PS I live in apartment block.. probably grounding is enough good - rather problem with laptop / AC dapter design

xdon82, we are going around in circles :)

You need to plug the laptop in to a known good grounded outlet, and see that the problem stops. Or get a cheater plug to interrupt the ground and see if that solves it.

Your apartment block is a good candidate for bad grounding, more so than an individual residence or business. You wouldn't be the first person to assume your grounding is good, only to find out it isn't.

If there are bad appliances in adjoining apartments they can induce problems that will show up on your circuits too. I have had a bad refrigerator compressor induce hash on the line that caused audio issues until I used an isolation transformer, and then replaced the refrigerator.

It could also be an actual failure in the laptop, so test it out and find out for sure. Your assumptions and affixing blame isn't an actual test. :)

Here is an article explaining some of the problems, from the perspective of audio ground loop problems:
http://www.epanorama.net/newepa/2012/02/14/dell-laptop-ground-loop-problems/

Have you tried other outlets in your house? Are you going through a power strip, or directly in to the wall? Try another room, make sure it is a different circuit. Unplug the wall cable from the power adapter and firmly push it back in.

xdon82
06-15-2014, 07:51 AM
I tried many outlets [also one without grounding], directly into the wall without any good results - only my hand is the best "grounding" ;)
How to check if grounding is enough good ?

by the way - my second problem with sleep mode
When laptop should goes int sleep mode, then this information occours in events report:
"Proces C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\ASUS Smart Gesture\AsTPCenter\x64\AsusTPCenter.exe (identyfikator procesu: 8040) zresetował schemat zasad z {381b4222-f694-41f0-9685-ff5bb260df2e} do {381b4222-f694-41f0-9685-ff5bb260df2e}"

this is in polish, but in English is something like that: Process c:\ ......... (id process: 8040) reseted schema policy from... to

hmscott
06-15-2014, 08:04 AM
I tried many outlets [also one without grounding], directly into the wall without any good results.
How to check if grounding is enough good ?

by the way - my second problem with sleep mode
When laptop should goes int sleep mode, then this information occours in events report:
"Proces C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\ASUS Smart Gesture\AsTPCenter\x64\AsusTPCenter.exe (identyfikator procesu: 8040) zresetował schemat zasad z {381b4222-f694-41f0-9685-ff5bb260df2e} do {381b4222-f694-41f0-9685-ff5bb260df2e}"
this is in polish, but in English is something like that: Process c:\ ......... (id process: 8040) reseted schema policy from... to

xdon82, which version of Smart Gesture do you have installed? You can download V2.2.14 here:

http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=3&m=ASUS+Smart+Gesture&hashedid=n%2fa

Uninstall the old version, reboot and install the new version, lets see if that helps - after trying to run on battery as below...first.

It looks like the Smart Gesture driver is hanging/crashing, and a watchdog timer is restarting the service. It could be the stray voltage, it could be the driver.

You could try running on battery for a while, at least as long as the time you have between those errors in the log - maybe try this before updating the driver, see if the problem stops when you are unplugged from AC - or if the Smart Gesture service keeps restarting even on battery - you don't have the jittery touchpad on battery, do you?

BTW, did you try to plug in on different circuits? The kitchen / bathroom would be grounded if any of them are.

hmscott
06-15-2014, 08:29 AM
xdon82, Martindale looks like a product that might be available to you locally, and they have some nice testers. The tough part is testing ground with high impedance, they have a number of units, the ez150 might be enough, and inexpensive too.

http://martindale-electric.co.uk/martindale-ez150-eze-check-xtra-earth-loop-impedance-indicator-p-285.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gw29uVIzzgI
http://martindale-electric.co.uk/socket-testers-c-32.html
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Martindale-EZ150-Check-Impedance-Indicator/dp/B002L651LY/ref=cm_cr_pr_sims_t

But, lets keep debugging the software first...

xdon82
06-15-2014, 09:57 AM
Yes on baterry there is no jittery touchpad
I've tried to plug everywhere - without good results... However I found something funny - I have few places where I have 3 outlets side by side. When I plug laptop there and additionally vacuum cleaner or electric cettle then the shivers are milder :P ha ha

I have voltmeter, but I do not know where/how to put electrodes to check volts ... putting them direclty into DC plug is nonsense, because AC adapter should work on at least mild load.

about Smart Gesture - interesting I have V2.2.8 but it's the latest I see on asus webpage [polish version]
I downloaded and installed all drivers from Asus webpage just on week ago.

now I'm gonna uninstall actual one and install the new one, then I'll give you response

Could you check for me, what is the newest nvidia driver version for Geforce GTX760M ?

hmscott
06-15-2014, 10:39 AM
Yes on baterry there is no jittery touchpad
I've tried to plug everywhere - without good results... However I found something funny - I have few places where I have 3 outlets side by side. When I plug laptop there and additionally vacuum cleaner or electric cettle then the shivers are milder :P ha ha

I have voltmeter, but I do not know where/how to put electrodes to check volts ... putting them direclty into DC plug is nonsense, because AC adapter should work on at least mild load.

about Smart Gesture - interesting I have V2.2.8 but it's the latest I see on asus webpage [polish version]
I downloaded and installed all drivers from Asus webpage just on week ago.

now I'm gonna uninstall actual one and install the new one, then I'll give you response

Could you check for me, what is the newest nvidia driver version for Geforce GTX760M ?

The latest from Nvidia is 337.88 , but I don't think you can install that on the G56JK/JR... Nvidia hasn't added that MXM card ID into the .inf file, so you will get a failure to install. You will need to go with the latest on the Asus support page for the G56JK/JR.

G56JK - Version V9.18.13.3302.02
http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=3&m=G56JK&hashedid=n%2fa

G56JR - Version V9.18.13.3233
http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=3&m=G56JR&hashedid=tCZDiOYKS1xofh85

xdon82
06-15-2014, 10:59 AM
I installed new version of Smart Gesture and nothing has changed...still the same information occours about reseting policy, bla bla
but I uninstalled Power4Hybrid and now it's ok
so this is asus driver issue

by the why, does this laptop has automatic screen light adjusting ? I see this in power option. Its turned on, but the brightness doesn't change when I switch on/off the light in the room

"Nvidia hasn't added that MXM card ID into the .inf file" - can I add this manually before installing ;) ?

There is one more thing interesting. When I typed in Google "jittery touchpad grounding" then in results the most common word was Asus.... strange

hmscott
06-15-2014, 11:05 AM
I installed new version of Smart Gesture and nothing has changed...still the same information occours about reseting policy, bla bla
but I uninstalled Power4Hybrid and now it's ok
so this is asus driver issue

"Nvidia hasn't added that MXM card ID into the .inf file" - can I add this manually before installing ;) ?

There is one more thing interesting. When I typed in Google "jittery touchpad grounding" then in results the most common word was Asus.... strange

xdon82, so the jittery on AC power problem is gone now that you uninstalled Power4Gear? :)

Nice, I usually recommend removing P4G because it dynamically messes with power plans, but this is new...

I usually suggest uninstalling Asus => P4G, Splendid, Live Update, Gaming Mouse, Vibe...

If you uninstalled P4G, you will want to double check which Power Plan you have selected. I use Balanced for most things, and High Performance for benchmarking.

Nice observation about the Vacuum and Kettle :)

Here is a post on editing the .inf file, and where to get updates:

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?48177-G56JR-not-updating-nvidia-drivers&p=408259&viewfull=1#post408259

When I google:
asus jittery touchpad grounding - 99k hits...
samsung jittery touchpad grounding - 304k hits... :)

xdon82
06-15-2014, 11:15 AM
heh P4G has nothing to do with grounding :P
I have Balance selected - don't worry I'm kinda advanced computer user ;) programmer

I edited my post but I was too late
Does this laptop has automatic screen light adjusting ? I see this in power option. Its turned on, but the brightness doesn't change when I switch on/off the light in the room ?

So Asus drivers programmers probably know all issues ? do you report them such stranges issues ?
and they can't fix many things ?

hmscott
06-15-2014, 11:23 AM
heh P4G has nothing to do with grounding :P
I have Balance selected - don't worry I'm kinda advanced computer user ;) programmer

I edited my post but I was too late
Does this laptop has automatic screen light adjusting ? I see this in power option. Its turned on, but the brightness doesn't change when I switch on/off the light in the room ?

So Asus drivers programmers probably know all issues ? do you report them such stranges issues ?
and they can't fix many things ?

xdon82, you should report this... but I might wait day or two - make sure the jittery problem is really gone.

Maybe someone went to sleep and turned off their noisy appliance just when you uninstalled P4G :)

It wouldn't be the first time a coincidental change occurred at the same time as an environmental change.

This is the first time removing P4G cured a jittery touchpad. It might be nice to get another person confirming the problem and solution.

I wouldn't play with the auto screen contrast / dimming / brightness, look at the looong thread of guys trying to stop it from happening :)

I turn off adaptive brightness, and leave it off. I can adjust the screen brightness via slider or Fn+F5/F6 if need be.

xdon82
06-15-2014, 11:24 AM
When I google:
samsung jittery touchpad grounding - 304k hits...

oh, too many :) so designers should do somethng to somehow circumvent this issue... perhaps additional grounding connected to touchpad, etc I don't know

This is the first time removing P4G cured a jittery touchpad.
no ! You didnt read me correctly.
Uinstalling P4G only cured going in sleep mode issue
I have still problem with jittery touchpad

I wouldn't play with the auto screen contrast / dimming, look at the looong thread of guys trying to stop it from happening

I turn off adaptive brightness, and leave it off. I can adjust the screen brightness via slider or Fn+F6/F7 if need be.

I know, but If there is such option why It doesnt work..I would like to see this myself and choose :)
but it doesn't work

hmscott
06-15-2014, 11:31 AM
When I google:
samsung jittery touchpad grounding - 304k hits...

oh, too many :) so designers should do somethng to somehow circumvent this issue... perhaps additional grounding connected to touchpad, etc I don't know

no ! You didnt read me correctly.
P4G only cured going in sleep mode issue
I have still problem with jittery touchpad

I know, but I there is such option why It doesnt work..I would like to see this myself and choose :)
doesn't work

Ahhh, that makes more sense, P4G affecting sleep...

You can blame Windows for providing options for things that don't exist :)

I think it is the making contact between the palm rest and the touchpad - you could try fingerless gloves and see if that helps. Open fingers to use on the touchpad, and insulated palms for the case/palm rest. :)

xdon82
06-15-2014, 11:38 AM
I think it is the making contact between the palm rest and the touchpad - you could try fingerless gloves and see if that helps. Open fingers to use on the touchpad, and insulated palms for the case/palm rest.

Of course it works... when I put my wrist on the edge of chassis there is no jittery, but it's annoying issue..... and from time to time I like to change position of the hand or just not to touch the chassis [kinda hand rest] and then problem occours :) I like using this touchpad in Windows 8.1...prefer than mouse ;)
EDITED: Oops I read your answer incorrectly ;) no, I do not like any gloves :P

it's nothing major... but a little annoying, strange, etc.

Yes I can blame Windows, but not all issues are due to Windows bugs..Windows uses manufacturer drivers to comunicate with devices ... all it's connected :)

Regardless, thanks for your help

hmscott
06-15-2014, 11:48 AM
Of course it works... when I put my wrist on the edge of chassis there is no jittery, but it's annoying issue..... and from time to time I like to change position of the hand or just not to touch the chassis [kinda hand rest] and then problem occours :) I like using this touchpad in Windows 8.1...prefer than mouse ;)
EDITED: Oops I read your answer incorrectly ;) no, I do not like any gloves :P
it's nothing major... but a little annoying, strange, etc.
Yes I can blame Windows, but not all issues are due to Windows bugs..Windows uses manufacturer drivers to comunicate with devices ... all it's connected :)
Regardless, thanks for your help

So the problem stops when you keep your palm on the metal palm rest? You could get an anti-static wrist strap and fit that so you are constantly grounded on the chassis, whether you are touching it or not, maybe an ankle strap, so you don't have it waving around with your arm... :)

You are welcome. I hope you find the grounding issue. Try the cheater plug, or an isolation transformer to break the circuit from the ground.

xdon82
06-15-2014, 12:07 PM
So the problem stops when you keep your palm on the metal palm rest?
Yes

You are welcome. I hope you find the grounding issue. Try the cheater plug, or an isolation transformer to break the circuit from the ground.

First I'm gonna to write to Asus support about this problem, to make sure that there is no problem with any condensator etc ...probably they wont help me, or they will tell me, that i'm first person who has that problem :P

hmscott
06-15-2014, 12:10 PM
Yes

First I'm gonna to write to Asus support about this problem, to make sure that there is no problem with any condensator etc ...probably they wont help me, or they will tell me, that i'm first person who has that problem :P

Cool, let us know what Asus says :)

xdon82
06-23-2014, 09:33 PM
Hi

I was on trip a few days ago and I stayed in hotel [took laptop] When I plugged there was no problem with touchpad. So there is problem with grounding in my flat...

hmscott
06-24-2014, 01:49 AM
Hi

I was on trip a few days ago and I stayed in hotel [took laptop] When I plugged there was no problem with touchpad. So there is problem with grounding on my flat...

xdon82, I am happy you were able to take the G56JR(!) to another location and test against a known good ground :)

As with most grounding problems, there are components to it that are unknown to the average electrician that tests the circuit, and you need experienced / specialist help to solve your flat's grounding / stray current issue.

You want to investigate a little and ask questions about their grounding expertise and solving high impedance ground problems. The ground can test good on a simple tester, but an advanced test to determine the ground impedance/resistance will show the problem.

You may get away with using a cheater plug to cut the ground connection, which should stop the stray current, but it should be used as a temporary solution only.

Let us know how it works out :)

xdon82
07-01-2014, 07:16 AM
It's G56jr ;) ok I will let you know.. However I wonder whether bad or lack of grounding can affect other parts of laptop like processors ???? by the way... Subwoofer plug should be in L-shape... I-shape works as an arm/lever. From time to time I forgot that I have subwoofer connected and when I take the laptop I pull the device. This is not good for the port.

and one thing.. when I removed some of the Asus drivers I have better FPS in some games [probably the power management application] ;) the drivers definetely need to be fixed
...... and I started to have again problems with going into sleep mode [even on battery] Sometimes it goes, sometimes it's not ...I don't know. I think it's a driver error. because the behavior depends on the pre-set amount of the time when it should go into sleep. Now I'm making another test. I disabled going my SSD into sleep mode..and I will see

How can I know, that these issues are well-known to Asus ?

hmscott
07-01-2014, 07:42 AM
It's G56jr ;) ok I will let you know.. However I wonder whether bad or lack of grounding can affect other parts of laptop like processors ???? by the way... Subwoofer plug should be in L-shape... I-shape works as an arm/lever. From time to time I forgot that I have subwoofer connected and when I take the laptop I pull the device. This is not good for the port.

and one thing.. when I removed some of the Asus drivers I have better FPS in some games [probably the power management application] ;) the drivers definetely need to be fixed
...... and I started to have again problems with going into sleep mode [even on battery] Sometimes it goes, sometimes it's not ...I don't know. I think it's a driver error. because the behavior depends on the pre-set amount of the time when it should go into sleep. Now I'm making another test. I disabled going my SSD into sleep mode..and I will see

How can I know, that these issues are well-known to Asus ?

xdon82, you can report them to Asus via a Technical Inquiry or feedback, and ask if they are being worked out.

http://vip.asus.com

http://support.asus.com/contactus.aspx

If your reports are clear, easy to read, detailed enough to provide a reproducible result (failure and/or success), solution given or needed, you may get a response - but likely they will be read by someone and if it is a new problem, a better description, or an successful / interesting solution - posted here and/or just in the Technical Inquiry.

These are new implementations for chipsets, video and motherboard, so driver bugs and updates for fixes are typical with new hardware releases - at the same time Windows is evolving - so taking a patient approach with an eye for resolution and just getting by while you wait for updates helps.

It's nice having an external subwoofer, I wonder why a wireless connection wasn't an option?

Sounds like you are having fun :)

I updated my post, G56JR!

xdon82
07-01-2014, 01:38 PM
I think they do not bother.. nVidia made 2 or 3 updates since G56jr is on the market and ASUS has not implemented them... that su*** :) 3 months is enough long time for new release

Yes I like this laptop to work and gaming.. When I have a little more time I will try to edit nvidia inf file and install the newest drivers

The topic of the thread is a little wrong now . Is it possible to change it ? I think it should be like "G56jr - grounding / touchpad issue [solved] and drivers bugs" or something like that

xdon82
07-02-2014, 06:59 AM
installed newest nvidia drivers [inf modified]. FPS increased at least by 5 [+/i] in all games. amazing. How to force nvidia / asus to make the new drivers also for gtx 760M in g56jr ?

hmscott
07-02-2014, 07:36 AM
installed newest nvidia drivers [inf modified]. FPS increased at least by 5 [+/i] in all games. amazing. How to force nvidia / asus to make the new drivers also for gtx 760M in g56jr ?

xdon82, that's great news, what version Nvidia driver did you get to work? Can you please post the steps and .inf file(s) to make it work? Or a link to where you found / posted the instructions / download?

xdon82
07-04-2014, 11:53 AM
my mistake. It showed better FPS, because when I changed drivers..somehow - what I didnt notice - application set antialiasing off ...
I described this in the thread about nvidia drivers. but the changes give me nothing... also I dont see any improvement on the new beta drivers

As You read in my new thread about back cover :) I dropped a tool on my laptop, when I tried to resolve my grounding problem in my flat ...
ehh :( now I have to change my cover back ..this dent is annoying ... The warranty has only 2 years. Nothing will damage like BGA during 2 years :) I think I wiil buy it and change myself. this cover is cheap - about 35$ in my country and it is easy to change - the service cost [in my country] in that case is arround 60$

grounding is a devil :P
sorry for my english - I know it's not perfect

robintanweewan
07-20-2014, 02:31 PM
Hi mate do you face the same problem i did? regarding the monitor case having some sound when you try to pinch it.Try look into my thread

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?49619-G56JR-CN260H-Monitor-case-problems&p=420954#post420954