PDA

View Full Version : G75 Low-Res Splash Screen on Start-up, how to see ROG logo at Boot?

Loafy
06-18-2014, 08:28 PM
Never had an issue with this girl since day one, but recently I seen another G75 boot up and it has the Republic of Gamers logo smaller in the middle of the screen with intel in the lower right hand corner. I was wondering maybe I should update the bios or something?

cl-Albert
06-20-2014, 03:54 PM
I may be a worrier and not sure how often this happens, but there are some customers who have reported the system no longer works after a failed bios flash, so if everything else works okay, it may not be worth the risk especially if you are out-of-warranty.

You may want to tell us which bios version you have and if you have the G75VW or G75VX model, but I don't remember if there are any bios settings to control this, so this might be something to check with others about too since I don't have one to check on my end right now.

Gumwars
06-25-2014, 12:18 AM
If you have secureboot enabled, you should get the ROG splash on boot. If you don't have it enabled, you might also have a watermark in the lower right hand corner of your desktop once Windows has booted.