PDA

View Full Version : Low fps in any game

dne0gen
06-20-2014, 04:44 PM
Greetings fellow gamers!
I recently joined the gamers republic with the ASUS ROG G750JZ. This is my first post and I'm a bit sad it is about an issue.
First I am sorry if it is the wrong section, it seemed the only one that this would fit in.
Whenever I try a high end game on this laptop the fps is really bad... somewhere from 10 to 15. It is the same no matter what the video settings are. I have tried on ultra and on low it is the same. I have tried unparking cores, I manually set the graphic card to be used in this game, heating is not an issue so far, I have it on High Performance mode and nothing.
The current games I have tried are: Assassin's Creed Black Flag, Battlefield 4, Call of Duty:Ghosts.
League of legends and CS:GO work fine, but in all honesty I wouldn't even believe it if they didn't.

MeanMachine
06-21-2014, 06:33 AM
Hi dne0gen and welcome to ROG,
You will be better provided for in the G750 Forum section and maybe a moderator will switch it for you.

HiVizMan
06-22-2014, 02:18 PM
Moved for you and bump.

dblkk
06-22-2014, 02:39 PM
are you on battery by any chance? And biggest thing, is to make sure your nvidia drivers are all up to date, and then just use global settings for your games. I'd also recomend setting up your gpu in general to run on global. Globals not always the way to go, but for the majority and those having problems its a great baseline to start with.

Hitchy
06-22-2014, 06:15 PM
Does your Laptop come with dual GPUs Nvidia and Intel? If yes it certainly that by some means you re running ur games on the Intel GPU not the Nvidia one.

dblkk
06-22-2014, 06:25 PM
JZ models are the newer ones, which have the 880m gpu. So those are the optimus enabled versions.

MegaMouseGW
06-23-2014, 07:04 AM
The G750JM also ahs optimus activated which is where my frustration is coming into play.

Akin2Silver
06-23-2014, 07:18 AM
reinstal Nvidia drivers.

Do a manual download of the most up to date Nvidia drivers and run the .exe
Select custom install and "Clean install" this will fully uninstall the old drivers reboot and install the new ones.
You should then reboot again before playing any games.

Also are they local or online games? could you test with a local game to make sure its not a network issue?
What games are you trying to run?

dne0gen
06-23-2014, 12:27 PM
Like I said : The current games I have tried are: Assassin's Creed Black Flag, Battlefield 4, Call of Duty:Ghosts.
League of legends and CS:GO work fine, but in all honesty I wouldn't even believe it if they didn't.
But for some odd reason after a recent Windows 8 update(I have no idea what it updated) everything is fine. I don't know if the update fixed it, but I have done nothing to change this and it is all fine now.

dblkk
06-23-2014, 01:58 PM
Like I said : The current games I have tried are: Assassin's Creed Black Flag, Battlefield 4, Call of Duty:Ghosts.
But for some odd reason after a recent Windows 8 update(I have no idea what it updated) everything is fine. I don't know if the update fixed it, but I have done nothing to change this and it is all fine now.

Awesome, glad to hear it.

The JH/JZ is just a beast, I can only imagine the frustration you had when you saw what it was giving you for gaming. Glad it was something as easy as a update. Those and drivers I feel are what kills it for most people, not the hardware. But if you have any more problems, just jump back on and let us know. I'm sure your not the only one that's had these problems, so it's probably helped at least another poor soul out as well.

Darnassus
06-24-2014, 07:04 AM
Optimus is fidgety, but I'm sure eventually it'll become more fluid with some other drivers.