PDA

View Full Version : Just me or is there a light grid on my g53?

recoil
10-14-2011, 02:36 AM
Just "upgraded" from a a G51vx to a G53sw and it almost seems as if there is a light grid or screen on the display as a whole. It seems most prominent on a white background. Almost similar to what you'd see on a blackberry where you can kind of make out the pixels?

I've yet to hookup an external monitor to see if the issue persists, but I thought I'd check to see if anyone knows what I'm speaking of? I purchased from newegg, so I'm trying to determine if I have a bad unit or not.

JRd1st
10-14-2011, 02:41 AM
I think it's just you. Unless you didn't post your problem at notebook review, too. Lol

Could you take a pic and post it?

recoil
10-14-2011, 02:45 AM
Haha.. I did post at NBR - So maybe it just me. But the two people I've shown it to have agreed that they can see it. Though, it is very slight!

I'm trying to figure out how to take a picture of it, honestly.

recoil
10-14-2011, 03:15 AM
http://consultingmode.com/screen.jpg

Ignore the clouding and the fact that it's slightly zoomed in. Do you see that "cross stitching" on the white area? That's visible from two feet away with the naked eye. Oh, and you'll probably need to view the full image to see what I'm talking about.

grungeboy2
10-14-2011, 06:11 AM
some lcd panels use a very high dot pitch (distance between pixels). think that's the case here?