PDA

View Full Version : About the GPU in the G750JM

shimtronics
06-23-2014, 12:01 PM
Okay so can someone please let me know if by any means the graphics processor could be switrched on while the laptop is running on battery in the G750JM? Cause I cant find any way to switch on my Nvidea GPU while the laptop is running on battery....

Its a Gaming laptop right?.... The whole point is mobile gaming right????..... So can someone please respond to this question?

dblkk
06-23-2014, 01:54 PM
Okay so can someone please let me know if by any means the graphics processor could be switrched on while the laptop is running on battery in the G750JM? Cause I cant find any way to switch on my Nvidea GPU while the laptop is running on battery....

Its a Gaming laptop right?.... The whole point is mobile gaming right????..... So can someone please respond to this question?

Switch it on for what? You go to geoforce experience and set up your optimal game settings, then NVidia control panel and setup up your gpu settings. You decide on battery which games or programs get used, just as if you were plugged in.

dblkk
06-23-2014, 01:59 PM
I'll take and post a few screen shots from my JS when I get back to my laptop, shouldn't be more than a few hours tops.

MegaMouseGW
06-23-2014, 03:26 PM
I tried everything and it will not swap to the GPU. Optimus is crap. Taking the G750JM I bought back to Best Buy and gonna see if I can get my money back. Worst purchase I have ever made. I cannot play my favorite game due to the idiotic Intel graphics. Im gonna stick with my G75VW until ASUS gets their head out of their tailend and removes the Intel crappy graphics from the laptops. These are supposed to be gaming machines, not frustration machines. Oh and yes I tried everything to get it to work right short of hitting it with a hammer.

dblkk
06-23-2014, 03:55 PM
Why not opt for last years g750 models? Theyre cheaper now, same components except 700 series and no optimus

shimtronics
06-23-2014, 05:21 PM
Switch it on for what? You go to geoforce experience and set up your optimal game settings, then NVidia control panel and setup up your gpu settings. You decide on battery which games or programs get used, just as if you were plugged in.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I got that it runs with Nvidea Optimus. But even though I adjust the optimal settings while playing COD Ghosts in battery it lags a lot. But when plugged in not even a slight sign of lagging..... Please tell me how I am supposed to change the settings so that I could get performance like when it is plugged in?.... Also another question say I play on high settings on COD Ghosts... Roughly about how many hours do you think I might be able to play with battery?..

shimtronics
06-23-2014, 05:41 PM
Thanks for all the help guys.... Just understood everything about Optimus and GeForce experience.... Sorry for the dumb questions...:) Now graphics are just great while even on battery...... Love this beast so much.... Really cool lap. Would recommend it to any gamer... Just a small query....
Does anyone know the gameplay time of the laptop when running on battery and on high settings?....

dblkk
06-23-2014, 06:13 PM
Your not going to get high settings on battery, and if you did, you'd get less than an hour, on high youd probably get like 20-30 min if that. Using the battery boost thing, where you set your fps on battery, even limited to 30 frames on medium your just breaking the 1 hour mark. It takes the whole 240w being supplied by the wall to be able to run at high settings, theres just no battery in the world that can supply that, nor large enough to supply that for any worthwhile amount of time.

But I can play on battery, borderlands two and cod on medium settings limited to 30fps for about an hour. Plays just fine

shimtronics
06-23-2014, 07:19 PM
Your not going to get high settings on battery, and if you did, you'd get less than an hour, on high youd probably get like 20-30 min if that. Using the battery boost thing, where you set your fps on battery, even limited to 30 frames on medium your just breaking the 1 hour mark. It takes the whole 240w being supplied by the wall to be able to run at high settings, theres just no battery in the world that can supply that, nor large enough to supply that for any worthwhile amount of time.

But I can play on battery, borderlands two and cod on medium settings limited to 30fps for about an hour. Plays just fine
Great!.... Thanks... Just wanted to be able to use the GPU while on battery.... Thats all.... I anyways only game when its plugged in... So thanks for the info....