PDA

View Full Version : G750JS Pre-sales Help/Advice

krissib
06-23-2014, 07:05 PM
Hey all

I was wondering if i should buy the G750JS but i have heard mixed things some say it's fantastic some say it is a total piece of crap.
It would be much appreciated if you would reply your thoughts and if you have had any issues such as backlight bleed, screen flicker, keyboard issues or any other issue.

all help is appreciated -Krissi

theclaw37
06-23-2014, 11:49 PM
I have the G750JS-T4028D and have not had any problems with it. The screen is awesome (it's the AU Optronics) and every game runs as it should.

krissib
06-24-2014, 12:48 PM
Thank you for your feedback it is much appreciated

dblkk
06-24-2014, 01:50 PM
Well, every company reguardless of awesome or crap, is going to have some problems. Plus the more you sell the higher the chance.

That said, MSI, Asus, and Alienware are pretty much the go to for gaming laptops. yes sager and a few others, but major wise its those three. Alienware is expensive, and if you read any reviews (user or not) everyone says to get the extended warrenty because its awesome, and according to forums quality control issues. Haha ok. The msi gives best bang for buck, but has a single fan cooling solution, but its really good. Quality control is still a huge thing according to several forums. The asus, seems to be the most sold, and in many many countries. Quality control is an issue according to several forums.

So, what you have, is the top three according to all user forums have quality control issues. lol. You can pay more (dell), you can get more (msi), or you can get best overall (asus).

People are always going to have problems with their machines, and everyone treats their laptops differently. Some aren't technically inclinded and cant even do driver updates or are mad because they have to do them and laptop doesn't come 100% futurized driverwise. Some in other countries have problems with repair centers, some get bad thermal paste or something (me), some track pads are bad (several companies have same problem, I believe its allan wakes, the touchpads manufacture, problem), a lot of the negativity is due to optimus (the switching of intel built in graphics and the graphics card). Everyone knows optimus, its far from new technology, far superior than amds switchable, the rules and guidelines haven't changed much since launch. Plus you kew about optimus before you bought, last years g750's didn't have intels built in gpu and didn't have optimus, everyone wanted optimus to help with battery, so asus put in optimus, now everyone whines about optimus. Lol I don't get it, im sure asus is confused to. I for one, have optimus, love optimus, and only bought because of optimus. I use this for more than just gaming, and I take it with me. Best battery 3-4 hours on non optimus, 5-6 hours with optimus, I'll take optimus.

I have had 3 JM models, 3 JS models now, and a jx from last year. I had the JX first, but crap battery led me to return that one, the JM's and JS's all had thermal issues. Which I am beginning to think that this newer version with optimus just runs warmer since the cpu is now cpu and gpu. I could easily return this last JS I have and get the MSI, still throttle, louder fans but get a 4800 and 880m for same price.

But I love my asus, I love the quality of the laptop, the keyboard, the screen, the battery, the touchpad is huge and I love it. I slowed my cpu down to 2.9ghz instead of 3.2 and I don't throttle, at full load the fans I can tell are spinning so not loud at all, the build quality is just solid feels like a brick and I could drop it and just pick it up/brush it off and make sure the ground doesn't have a dent in it.

BIOHAZARD9519
06-24-2014, 01:53 PM
I have the JS-DS71 with no problems. This is my first ROG and I am very happy with it. No issues so far