PDA

View Full Version : ASUS ROG G750JS-DS71 <title changed to avoid misinformation>

dblkk
06-26-2014, 04:51 PM
http://www.amazon.com/G750JS-DS71-17-3-inch-Gaming-GeForce-Graphics/dp/B00IEV85OU/ref=sr_1_25?ie=UTF8&qid=1403801309&sr=8-25&keywords=msi+gt60

Vicodin
06-26-2014, 05:42 PM
Wow that is kinda cool actually. First time I seen a re-seller pretty much say "Hey, fix your stuff or were not selling it". To bad they didn't do this about the display. We all know about the G75/G750's display issues. Still blows my mind to this day that the screens of issue keep being used even after so many complaints.

dblkk
06-26-2014, 08:29 PM
Yea, I called them this morning to ask for another exchange on my g750 js model. Since mine was undervolted and underclocked and still throttled on me lastnight.

She said right away that they were going to refund me the money. I told her I wanted a replacement. She said that Amazon is suspending all js series, and that I wouldn't be getting a replacement, just a refund.

I asked her if I could get an exchange for like the msi gt70. She said that they have been issuing those amoungst other comparable laptops as replacements, but those are now out of stock as well. So my only option was to refund.

She said UPS would be at my house, with a box and shipping label, tomarrow to pick up the laptop, and that refunds have been being processed in 1-2 days. I asked how she could be so certain (just giving her a hard time), she said that this has been an ongoing issue and that this wasn't her first time with this phone call.

So, now I must transfer everything off the stock drives, put them back in, reinstall windows on the stock ssd, remove all my ram, take my bd burner out and put back in the dvd writer. All by tomarrow.

And now, what do I do?
Do I get a JS from newegg or something and try this a 7th time? Do I go with msi? I don't know, wasn't expecting to be doing this today.

_
06-27-2014, 05:53 AM
There is no mention of 'heat issues' there are only 3 negative reviews and none of them relate to heat. I have changed the title to stop any misunderstanding.

That one is shipped from ExcalibarPC. The DS71 shipped direct from Amazon has not been suspended.
http://www.amazon.com/G750JM-DS71-17-3-inch-Gaming-GeForce-Graphics/dp/B00IKF2H12/

You don't need a second thread for this. I have explained the situation in your first thread.