PDA

View Full Version : Bit of an odd problem with my 750JW...

Amaten90
06-26-2014, 07:46 PM
As of late, my laptop seems to be having a bit of a problem starting up properly...

A couple of days ago I was perusing Steams summer sale, when I decided to restart my laptop for some Windows/Game upgrades and installs. Ever since then, now whenever I start up my laptop, it just hangs at a black screen, with a few lights flashing here and there...

Here's exact symptoms:
I hit the power button, power runs through the laptop
It just hangs at a black screen for a few minutes, at most five minutes
While its doing this, the WIFI LED and the Hard Disk LED flash back and forth in a weird cycle (two quick times for the WIFI, one quick time for the Hard Disk)
After waiting for about five minutes at the most, it will POST, then everything works like nothing happened.

While using it, nothing is ever wrong. It doesnt freeze, crash, overheat... Nothing. It's only on startup that it acts this way.

As a bit of background, I did have a GPU failure with this laptop and I did send it in for repairs. Ever since I got it back, I havent had any problems with it whatsoever. GPU doesnt EVER overheat, nor does the CPU. I dont get any stuttering or artifacts during games... Everything is pretty peachy, frankly.

Anyone have any guesses on this? It's kind of annoying.

PS; I did reset all the settings in the BIOS back to default, just in case. It still does this.

Amaten90
06-26-2014, 09:41 PM
I was thinking maybe it's a CMOS battery issue? Anyone else have any ideas?

I'm open to anything. Lol.

Darnassus
06-27-2014, 02:01 AM
.. most likely I'm wrong, but.. are you behind a proxy and there's windows updates in the background?

CMOS wouldn't do this.