PDA

View Full Version : G750 JZ is crazy

dne0gen
06-26-2014, 08:05 PM
So the first thing is for some WEIRD reason my Razer Kraken Pro headset doesn't work unless I uninstall my current (newest) Realtek drivers... I thought my headset is broken so I went to a repairman and it was working fine when he tried it. The only option for it to work is if I uninstall my drivers and even then I have both the headset speakers and the laptop ones as well as both microphones...
Second issue my FN+ hotkeys work flawlessly except for the touchpad one. When I recently did a system recovery it started working again, but when I uninstalled my audio drivers(because of the headset issue) the FN+F9 stopped working again... I have absolutely no idea how the audio and the touchpad could be related so please if anyone knows enlighten me...
(All current newest drivers are installed, except for the realtek ones, including the newest ATKACPI)

EDIT: I read somewhere that antivirus program may be an issue so I deleted it, but it remains the same.

Second edit: after uninstalling almost everything, the touchpad is kinda stopped I guess for now. But I need to know why the heck wont my headset mic work when I install the drivers, but it works when I have uninstalled them? It kinda doesn't make any sense, or does it?

Guess I will just keep on editing: When the drivers are installed my "crappy" (or are they?) headphones and microphone for 10 bucks work like a charm, but my razer headset mic doesn't ? The Razer headset mic works without the drivers, altho the sound cracks, it works so I guess they aren't broken. WTF is going on?

theclaw37
06-27-2014, 10:30 AM
The Kraken has a usb port instead of 3.5mm jack doesn't it? If so, they probably have their own sound card integrated into them, and their own audio drrivers are needed for them to work. Maybe when you had the realtek driver installed, Windows just defaulted on the "basic" sound card (that is the soundcard that is in the laptop). You should install both drivers, then, with the headset plugged in, check playback devices, because most probably you'll have two entries there (Realtek AND Razer headsets). If you do, you should set the Razer audio device as default in order for it to work.

dne0gen
06-27-2014, 11:11 AM
The kraken pro have a standard 3.5mm jack and do not require any additional drivers for them to work.

Akin2Silver
06-30-2014, 04:18 AM
If its a standard 3.5mm jack i would be looking at settings for when a headset is plugged in, i guess with the drivers uninstalled its not keeping a preference for what to do when your headset is plugged in.
install realtek drivers >> reboot >> open control panel and search sound >> click manage audio devices and select play back device.
If you still have issue contact both razer and realtek support.

Akin2Silver
06-30-2014, 04:35 AM
As for FN keys, if your ATK driver is up to date, i would check and make sure the key its self is fully working.
find a program the uses an f9 shortcut and test it. (most web browsers) shortcut should work if you only press f9 and not work if you have FN pressed as well. Also check out the settings in the touch pad driver, might find some thing you can toggle to allow for disable. I.E. i auto turn my touch pad off when a mouse is plugged in and this disables my FN+f9

dne0gen
06-30-2014, 05:56 PM
The latest thing I have found, and the one that only makes some kind of sense is that both jacks are the same except for one thing - the razer kraken pro microphone jack has 2 "rings" while the headset that works well with the drivers has one. Could that be an issue?

hmscott
07-01-2014, 02:55 AM
The latest thing I have found, and the one that only makes some kind of sense is that both jacks are the same except for one thing - the razer kraken pro microphone jack has 2 "rings" while the headset that works well with the drivers has one. Could that be an issue?

dne0gen, my first thought was use a splitter / adapter, but it looks like while an early Razer splitter worked new ones don't/didn't:
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/razerzone/discussions/0/882966056670188108/

http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-accessories/audio-mic-splitter-adapter-for-the-razer-electra

dne0gen
07-01-2014, 02:02 PM
My headset comes with this exact splitter and it doesn't work. See it has 2 rings and my older headset has only one ring on the mic jack and it works...