PDA

View Full Version : g73jh I7 Q740 Express Gate installation issues

TimeTorn
06-26-2014, 09:43 PM
I would like to get the latest version of express gate installed on my G73jh.

I purchased this laptop used from the pawn shop. It didn't come with a recovery partition or any discs. Just the charger and laptop.

I'm trying to get express gate to work on this system. That's one of the main reasons I purchased it. I have plans to use the express gate system for when people ask to use my laptop for facebook or whatever, but I don't want anybody installing any bloatware or malware etc.

On all but the oldest express gate versions, I get the "express gate is not installed" error. On the older versions it works, but there's no wifi options, I think because of lack of drivers.

Does anybody have any hints or clues to get the express gate to work? If you have it installed and working on your system, what version are you running? Does anybody know what version come stock, and can you provide me with a download link? Thanks

TimeTorn
12-01-2016, 12:06 AM
Just going to update this just in case anybody else is curious and still playing around with these older gaming laptops.

I found out that the expressgate only seems to work with the original hard drive it came with. It might also work with other seagate drives. But, even after doing a complete reformat of the original drive, when I installed expressgate on that drive, it worked.

Anyways, I have windows 10 installed on an SSD on this laptop now, which boots up just as quickly as expressgate. So the feature is pretty much useless, although interesting.

Hope this info helps.