PDA

View Full Version : BIOS/CMOS reset on Asus G750 Series?

AAndrei
06-27-2014, 02:55 PM
How can I do a BIOS/CMOS reset on this laptop?
I've removed the Battery and the power cable, removed the aluminium top with the keyboard, removed the small 3.3V battery inside, pressed the power button for 2 minute, nothing. The BIOS settings won't reset.
Anyone knows how to reset the Asus G750 to default settings?

Note: Accessing the BIOS is not possible, recovery flash with Ctrl+Home won't work either (it will attempt to read the USB drive, I see the lights blinking shortly, but will do nothing).

redduc900
06-27-2014, 04:32 PM
Have you tried the "Restore Defaults" option on the "Save & Exit" screen in the BIOS?

AAndrei
06-27-2014, 05:35 PM
That won't work if you can't get inside the BIOS. My case is when the laptop is not able to boot at all. Edited the original post to add this constraint.

redduc900
06-27-2014, 05:56 PM
You can't even bring up the Options menu by hitting the F2 key during POST?

AAndrei
06-27-2014, 06:51 PM
No, laptop is not POST-ing, Esc key or F2 key is not working, the display stays black. I can recover it by reprogramming the BIOS chip, but I don't like this idea. I only want to clear the damn CMOS.

hmscott
06-28-2014, 04:12 AM
I've removed the Battery and the power cable, removed the aluminium top with the keyboard, removed the small 3.3V battery inside, pressed the power button for 2 minute, nothing. The BIOS settings won't reset.

Note: Accessing the BIOS is not possible, recovery flash with Ctrl+Home won't work either (it will attempt to read the USB drive, I see the lights blinking shortly, but will do nothing).

Removing all the batteries should have worked, maybe you didn't leave it sit long enough? Try 24 hours.

Darnassus
06-28-2014, 06:06 AM
It might have a save location somewhere to retain the data.. it wouldn't surprise me. :c

... or you bricked it. ;x

AAndrei
06-28-2014, 07:38 AM
Removing all the batteries should have worked, maybe you didn't leave it sit long enough? Try 24 hours.

Sorry, but life is too short and I don't have the patience to wait for a damn laptop bios to reset itself. It is way quicker to reprogram the bios chip.

It might have a save location somewhere to retain the data.. it wouldn't surprise me. :c

... or you bricked it. ;x
The laptop is working back again after I reprogrammed the BIOS chip. So is not bricked. The whole point is to find an easier way to reset the CMOS/BIOS.

hmscott
06-28-2014, 10:01 AM
Sorry, but life is too short and I don't have the patience to wait for a damn laptop bios to reset itself. It is way quicker to reprogram the bios chip.

The laptop is working back again after I reprogrammed the BIOS chip. So is not bricked. The whole point is to find an easier way to reset the CMOS/BIOS.

AAndrei, if you needed to reprogram the BIOS chip, you did brick it - you unbricked it by reprogramming the BIOS chip :)

In that state, I don't think there was a quick way to reset the bios to defaults via removing the battery...

What happened to cause the problem in the first place?

AAndrei
06-28-2014, 04:02 PM
messing with bios settings.

Ericio
02-16-2016, 11:26 PM

Hi AAndrei,
I am facing the same problem like you had before. May I know how did you fixed it? I can switch it on but only able to see ROG logo about a second, try usb flash, ctrl+home, esc, f2, no bios no post, or what so ever like you did tried before as well. I do believe might be the same problem. Could you please insist me on this? Thanks...I couldn't find any service center here in Italy or someone else who can do the unbrick/reprogramme bios chip here too...

Ericio
03-03-2016, 10:19 PM
Is ok, I've fixed it minutes ago after 2 weeks. I bought the reprogrammer but I am still waiting for them to ship it to me, and within 2 weeks i did googling a lot for this problem and now finally i fixed it by mixing all information i got from google and luckily without reprogram the bios chip.

roca44
04-07-2016, 03:07 PM
Is ok, I've fixed it minutes ago after 2 weeks. I bought the reprogrammer but I am still waiting for them to ship it to me, and within 2 weeks i did googling a lot for this problem and now finally i fixed it by mixing all information i got from google and luckily without reprogram the bios chip.

Hi,

Im having the same problem, can you tell me how did you fix the bios?

Thanks

matzehauer
05-15-2018, 10:28 AM
hallo mein sohnemann hat ausversehen eine falsche bios version von einem anderen Notbook drauf gespielt nun kann ich nicht mehr updaten das wieder alles geht ich komme ins bios aber zurücksetzen ging nicht wenn ich neue version drauf machen will heist es die ist zu alt da bei dem bios erst die version 202 raus ist und er hat von der m version die 300 drauf gemcht nun meine Frage wie kann ich das machen das es geht mein gerät ist GL502VM von Asus