PDA

View Full Version : G750JM No Power AT ALL

bscenteno
06-27-2014, 11:08 PM
Just bought a brand new G750JM about 2 weeks ago from Amazon. Last night I was just downloading Steam and Dota 2. So I left it open with AC/DC Adapter plugged in and went for a short nap. By the time I went back to my laptop, it was turned off. I was turning it on but still nothing happens.

What I've tried:

1. AC/DC Adapter plugged in > Battery is attached > press power button > power button lights up for .5 sec then dies. Screen not responsive.
2. Unplug AC/DC Adapter > Battery is attached > press power button > power button does not light up at all. Screen not responsive.
3. AC/DC Adapter plugged in > Battery removed > press power button > power button lights up for .5 sec then dies. Screen not responsive.

I just hope that the AC/DC Adapter is just the problem and my laptop is out of juice that's why it won't boot up.

PLEASE HELP! THANKS IN ADVANCE!

hmscott
06-28-2014, 04:07 AM
Just bought a brand new G750JM about 2 weeks ago from Amazon. Last night I was just downloading Steam and Dota 2. So I left it open with AC/DC Adapter plugged in and went for a short nap. By the time I went back to my laptop, it was turned off. I was turning it on but still nothing happens.

What I've tried:

1. AC/DC Adapter plugged in > Battery is attached > press power button > power button lights up for .5 sec then dies. Screen not responsive.
2. Unplug AC/DC Adapter > Battery is attached > press power button > power button does not light up at all. Screen not responsive.
3. AC/DC Adapter plugged in > Battery removed > press power button > power button lights up for .5 sec then dies. Screen not responsive.

I just hope that the AC/DC Adapter is just the problem and my laptop is out of juice that's why it won't boot up.

PLEASE HELP! THANKS IN ADVANCE!

bscenteno, it could go either way, the AC adapter, or the onboard power system.

If you plan on keeping a G750, I would order a 2nd AC Power adapter, as it is silly to be left high and dry by a $100 part... it happened to me - once - now I always buy a 2nd AC adapter.

And a 2nd battery - if I keep the laptop for more than a year - unless I need multiple battery power for long battery powered events then I get a couple right away, and rotate through them on a regular basis.

Here are the G750 AC adapter/battery estore links (actually all G750 hits):
http://us.estore.asus.com/index.php?l=search_list&s[search]=g750&s[title]=Y&s[short_desc]=Y&s[full_desc]=Y&s[sku]=Y&s[match]=all&s[cid]=0

I haven't tried the 230w power supply in a 180w G750... idk if the connectors are the same - so I would order the same as what you got with the laptop.

When you get the 2nd AC power adapter, you can test it and know whether you need to RMA the laptop, or just the AC adapter.

You could also test the AC adapter at a brick and mortar store site with G750's on display... or with a local friend with a G750.

Let us know how it works out :)

bscenteno
06-29-2014, 11:58 AM
thanks hmscott
I went to the nearest ASUS support service center in our country. They said they will have to verify if the warranty is legit since I bought may unit from Amazon in the U.S. First they made a diagnostic test and found out that it does really have a faulty hardware problem. If I may ask, is it enough that I present them with only the Shipping details provided by Amazon? Is the serial of my laptop also enough to very if the warranty is legit?

Amazon SHOULD be liable to REPLACE my defective unit because it has just been less than a month usage. The problem is I'm from Asia and the unit I got was delivered to the U.S. and was shipped here by my relative. What do you think is the best way to handle this situation? THANKS! :)

hmscott
06-29-2014, 12:23 PM
thanks hmscott
I went to the nearest ASUS support service center in our country. They said they will have to verify if the warranty is legit since I bought may unit from Amazon in the U.S. First they made a diagnostic test and found out that it does really have a faulty hardware problem. If I may ask, is it enough that I present them with only the Shipping details provided by Amazon? Is the serial of my laptop also enough to very if the warranty is legit?

Amazon SHOULD be liable to REPLACE my defective unit because it has just been less than a month usage. The problem is I'm from Asia and the unit I got was delivered to the U.S. and was shipped here by my relative. What do you think is the best way to handle this situation? THANKS! :)

bscenteno, upfront, I haven't been in this situation myself, but logically your relative should file the return request with Amazon, immediately as you might be approaching the end of the return window.

Then once they have the RMA number, you can ship it directly to Amazon using the RMA printout (get your relative to forward you the pdf), and use your relative as the return address on the package - make sure to insure it and whatever form of delivery certification is available to you.

If you have plenty of return window left, you could first ship it to your relative, so that it is all contained within the US borders - it may set up a flag should the incoming package come from outside the country - you could ask your relative to be upfront with the Amazon people on the phone and ask if it is ok to ship directly from overseas - as that is where it is being used right now.

Or, you could follow through with the repair locally, using your proof of ownership / Amazon order - it is up to the local support center to accommodate you. Be nice, and provide them with everything they need.

Let us know how it works out :)