PDA

View Full Version : Difference between JM-DS71 and JM-BSI7N23?

fluffydelusions
06-28-2014, 09:07 PM
I'm looking at the g750 on bestbuy.com and there are 2 models and one is $50 more but do not see any difference?

BIOHAZARD9519
06-28-2014, 09:59 PM
There is a difference in RAM. The Best Buy version has only 8 GB while the DS71 has 12 GB.

Bgallodoro24
06-28-2014, 10:08 PM
I have the 12 GB version. Ordered it from newegg as well as a 256 samsung pro ssd. Very happy with my purchase. Have not experienced any of the problems other users have stated as far as high temperatures.

fluffydelusions
06-28-2014, 10:15 PM
There is a difference in RAM. The Best Buy version has only 8 GB while the DS71 has 12 GB.

Ah, so bestbuy are now carrying the non BB versions? About time.

xcaetano
06-29-2014, 08:53 PM
what is "non BB versions"?

cl-Albert
06-30-2014, 05:48 AM
what is "non BB versions"?

I have trouble keeping up with all these differences sometimes, so please consider this as 'unofficial' ASUS information, or please help verify on your end too, but currently 'Best Buy' (BB) exclusive notebook versions/models are only sold in the U.S. region and maybe in Canada too by Best Buy.

Anyway, seems like there will always be some exceptions to the rule, but Best Buy will often sell exclusive ASUS notebook models in their brick and mortar stores and online at bestbuy.com like the G750JM-BSI7N23 that are not available to other resellers.
Also, the Best Buy exclusive models often have slightly different warranty and warranty procedures than the non-exclusive ASUS notebook models and often don't include any extra accessories, so something for those customers from overseas who don't plan to stay in the U.S. or Canada to consider since Best Buy exclusive notebooks normally do not have any international warranty coverage.

Non-exclusive Best Buy models like the G750JM-DS71 are sold by many other resellers if you want to check this online.

Well, hope I haven't confused too many people or others can help clarify or correct me.