PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone... I need help with my new G750JM. - 'DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE'

westhepaladin
06-29-2014, 02:28 AM
Hello everyone I have an Asus G750JM. It has a GeForce 860M graphics card and yea. Anyways. I've had the computer for maybe a month and the Best Buy I got it from is like 2 hours away so I haven't gone back but I am going next weekend (Ya know that military life). I have been having a problem with my computer getting blue screens. Like I play World of Warcraft when I get home. And I can play for any amount of time like hours or even open it up and just close it. And then it cant relaunch... But about 5-10 minutes later. DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE. Every time. My buddy told em to get a game on my steam "RIFT" and I did. It launches by default with the lowest possible graphics. I watched the intro scene and chose a side for a race but before I could even see my screen the game goes all black and then crashes and a thing says "Insufficient Video Card" I try relaunching it to see if something may have happened and my computer blue screens.... I had even restarted my computer 5 minutes prior to trying RIFT. Any Idea what's wrong with this thing. My receipt is all faded so I don't think I can just return it for a non-faulty product :( I am looking for any solution or wondering if anyone has had this similar issue with their computer.

kkn
06-29-2014, 12:29 PM
try the notebook section

Houdiniact84
06-29-2014, 10:38 PM
What drivers are you running?? Drivers change often when talking about nvidia cards. Have you removed the old video drivers with a program like DDU Tried installing the latest drivers. The fact that rift isn't recognizing your card which is more than capable tells me it could be a driver issue. Also you may be running on the intel processor GPU and not the Nvidia gpu drivers could help with this also check your nvidia card settings there is a setting that can affect wether you are using the nvidia card or IGPU

Krysannthe
07-12-2014, 11:55 PM
I have the exact computer...and same issue, except the game is SWTOR. After I play a few times I usually jump on Facebook, and get the blue screen of death from there. Needless to say, I'm not amused. I'm not techie either, so at a complete loss. If you figure anything out, I'd love to know.

kkn
07-13-2014, 09:05 AM
as i stated in my erlier post, notebook section.
thats where you get the best help you need.
in here it will only get lost since hardly non of the notebook users hang out here in this tread ( exept the first posters )

Krysannthe
07-13-2014, 12:11 PM
Thanks kkn, I found the section. N00b here who couldn't navigate the forum very well....le sigh. Anyway, I did find the help I needed.

HiVizMan
07-13-2014, 01:06 PM
Moved for you.

cl-Albert
07-14-2014, 05:41 PM
There's a few threads about this error related to the vga driver version used, and one is copied below if you want to take a look.

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?48824-G750JM-BSOD-(Driver-power-state-faliure)&country=&status=

Hope it helps.

karliflan
07-15-2014, 12:25 PM
Hi there, I had been having this problem as well. ASUS Support had me reinstall Windows and it seemed to resolve the problem. However I did NOT update to the new driver from NVidia. I left it as the factory installed driver because I didn't want to risk it and I haven't been having the problem since. Factory reset your computer by restarting it, tapping F9, select troubleshoot, then select reset. You will lose personal files but its worth it.

Maxter
07-15-2014, 07:34 PM
nah dude... Revert to older driver. Last I heard the nVidia 332, 337 or 340 should work (varies per laptop). Forget the latest version.