PDA

View Full Version : Help Multiple ACPI Errors

Sparax
06-29-2014, 03:25 AM
Hi all i am having some issues with the ACPI driver for my new Maximus Hero Vii Board Event viewer is reporting several issues as follows

ACPI Event ID 13
: The embedded controller (EC) did not respond within the specified timeout period. This may indicate that there is an error in the EC hardware or firmware or that the BIOS is accessing the EC incorrectly. You should check with your computer manufacturer for an upgraded BIOS. In some situations, this error may cause the computer to function incorrectly.

ACPI Event ID 15
: The embedded controller (EC) returned data when none was requested. The BIOS might be trying to access the EC without synchronizing with the operating system. This data will be ignored. No further action is necessary; however, you should check with your computer manufacturer for an upgraded BIOS.

Kernel-PnP Event ID 219
The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device ACPI\PNP0A0A\2&daba3ff&2.

System Specs
Asus Maximus VII HERO (BIOS 0904)
Intel Core i7 4790k @ Stock
Corsair Dominator GT (CMT4GX3M2A2000C8)
Windows 7 SP1 on Corsair Force 3 SSD

I Have installed all the latest drivers and updated to the latest bios but I'm still getting these errors anyone got any ideas what I need to do to fix this?

MeanMachine
06-29-2014, 03:55 AM
Hi Sparax and welcome to ROG.

You can check and update your ACPI drivers by going to Control Panel then Device manager. Check properties of ACPI and update. There may be more than one so update all.

Drivers can be obtained from the ASUS Support Web site to suite your OS and CPU.

Should you require more detailed explanation, Just ask and please report back.

Sparax
06-29-2014, 06:39 AM
Hi MeanMachine

I have tried updating the ACPI Drivers from within Device Manager however they report that the best driver software for your device is already installed for them

And i am already using all the latest driver updates from the Asus Driver & Tools page

Any other suggestions?

MeanMachine
06-29-2014, 09:32 AM
Well, I would not be so sure they are the latest, cause if you just do just an Internet search it will report you have the best.

You also state you have the latest Bios update, So how did you update?.

Modern Bios systems may not recognize Legacy components and settings in Bios can remedy this. (Refer your manual)

ACPI issues can also result from a change in OS or change of Boot device, and sometimes a corrupted boot record.

Its a matter of elimination, cause there's quite a few things that can cause it.

Also try searching for posts relating to your issue, you may get Lucky.

Sparax
06-29-2014, 11:25 AM
My current Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Embedded Controller Driver is v6.1.7601.17514

I updated my bios by downloading the MAXIMUS VII HERO BIOS 0904 from the Asus Driver & Tools page and i used EZ Flash 2 in the uefi bios to perform the update

The issue remains even on a new SSD with a fresh install of windows 7

MeanMachine
06-30-2014, 12:34 PM
I have 6.1.7600.16385 but that's not going to help as I have a different CPU.

Have you tried checking the SATA port your SSD is connected too. When I first connected my own SSD I had found changing ports fixed my problem.

antisect
06-30-2014, 06:10 PM
i'm getting all 3 above errors on a Maximus ranger Vii
all drivers up to date, windows 8.1 fresh install

Sparax
07-01-2014, 12:23 PM
Ok I've tried switching to a different SATA Port but I'm still getting the same error :confused:

HiVizMan
07-01-2014, 03:11 PM
Not sure which OS you are using but do you have automatic update enabled?

Sparax
07-01-2014, 10:10 PM
Hi i'm running Windows 7 sp1 and yes i have device automatic update enabled

MeanMachine
07-02-2014, 02:40 AM
Hi i'm running Windows 7 sp1 and yes i have device automatic update enabled

Kernel-PnP Event ID 219
The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device ACPI\PNP0A0A\2&daba3ff&2

Try this fix:

Click on the start button and type: services.msc in the search box,
Then click on services.msc in under programs. Go down to Windows Driver Foundation right click and go to properties, in the startup type make sure it is on Automatic.
After you restart your computer you should not see this error again.

Also check at the same time: Shell Hardware Detection should be set to Automatic.

If this doesn't help you may have to run the driver verifier command to get dump files.

Oh and btw, If you made changes recently to you OS you could try a system restore.

Sparax
07-02-2014, 07:18 AM
Hiya MeanMachine yeah I had already tried that solution unfortunately without success I actually tried it in all modes Automatic, Automatic Delayed, Manual & Disabled but I still get the same errors for each state :(

A system restore wont really help me either as I have a second hard disk that has a clean install of windows 7 and just the Asus drivers on it for testing and that reports the same issue as my main working disk.

MeanMachine
07-02-2014, 01:25 PM
Ok Sparax, There are many things that can cause your issue and some have been ruled out.

It is time to Verify your drivers.

Using the driver Verifier will result in a BSOD, should a driver fail or is corrupt.

Save all work and create a system restore point.

Follow these steps and should a BSOD occur, you will have to either do a system restore in safe mode or from install disk.

Using Driver Verifier is an iffy proposition. Most times it'll crash and tell you what the driver is. But sometimes it'll crash and won't tell you the driver. Other times it'll crash before you can log in to Windows. If you can't get to Safe Mode, then you'll have to resort to offline editing of the registry to disable Driver Verifier.

Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Low Resource Simulation", "and "Force Pending I/O Requests" and click "Next"
Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
Select "Finish" on the next page.

Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen. Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly. The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out. If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation (an estimate on my part).

Reboot into Windows (after the crash) and turn off Driver Verifier by going back in and selecting "Delete existing settings" on the first page, then locate and zip up the memory dump file and have it analyzed on a Forum by someone who can determine the problem.

If you can't get into Windows because it crashes too soon, try it in Safe Mode.
If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.

In regedit delete the following to stop the process.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Session Manager\Memory Management\VerifyDrivers
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Session Manager\Memory Management\VerifyDriverLevel

I don't know if this will remedy your situation but if there are corrupted drivers it will find them.

I myself have never had to use this method and this is an extract from my college notes.

I can't think of anything else to try so good luck and please report back.

antisect
07-02-2014, 04:11 PM
I'm sorry to but in, but if you do a simple google search on "\Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device ACPI\PNP0A0A\"
You can find literally hundreds of results from asus boards with this problem all originating from the amda00 interface drivers.
This error has other repercussion on the system too, like preventing windows fast startup from working correctly.

even this review of a Z87-PLUS board on amazon (read the first review on the page) (http://www.amazon.co.uk/ASUS-Z87-PLUS/dp/B00CRJSX5Q)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/ASUS-Z87-PLUS/dp/B00CRJSX5Q

Raja@ASUS
07-02-2014, 05:40 PM
Probe II sense driver (AMDA00) is on the downloads page for most boards under the utilities section for anyone that didn't install it from the driver disc.

antisect
07-02-2014, 06:34 PM
Probe II sense driver (AMDA00) is on the downloads page for most boards under the utilities section for anyone that didn't install it from the driver disc.

the point being that installing the driver does not stop this error, or fix the problems with windows fast startup

chongmagic
07-02-2014, 08:29 PM
I have the same errors on my Maximus VII Hero, I see that the AMDA00 driver has a update on the motherboard driver page. The update is dated July 1, and I installed it yesterday but I am still seeing the error in the event log.

I had to disable hybrid shutdown in Windows 8.1 in order to resolve the quick boot errors.

MeanMachine
07-03-2014, 03:09 AM
I've encountered ACPI errors in the past and a simple driver update has fixed the problem, However, having read many, many posts on this topic, it would seem some particular errors are still persisting.

I have a couple of questions:
Will this new AMDA00 driver help the OP resolve his issue with W7 or is the driver patch for W8.1 only. ?
And are these ACPI Probe II sense driver (AMDA00) errors confined to the Maximus VII series.?

Hopefully now this has come to Raja@ASUS attention, a resolve is at hand for the many others with this problem who may read this thread.

To: Sparax, Hang in there Mate.:confused:
To: antisect and chongmagic, Thanks for your valuable input and keep it coming.;)

antisect
07-03-2014, 08:14 AM
are these ACPI Probe II sense driver (AMDA00) errors confined to the Maximus VII series.?

i used to have the error on my old z87 and i've seen lots of posts (even on this rog forum) with multiple different asus boards affected

Sparax
07-03-2014, 08:51 AM
Hi guys

Ok before installing the ASUS Probe II Sense Driver 1.0.1.0 (2014/07/01) i was getting the ACPI Event ID 13 & 15 error at every reboot after installing it they do still occur but far less frequently i might get it once every 5-6 reboots.

The Kernel-PnP Event ID 219 error still persists on every reboot

antisect
07-03-2014, 11:31 AM
Hi guys

Ok before installing the ASUS Probe II Sense Driver 1.0.1.0 (2014/07/01) i was getting the ACPI Event ID 13 & 15 error at every reboot after installing it they do still occur but far less frequently i might get it once every 5-6 reboots.

yes its not every boot, seems from my experience to be worse the longer the time period between shutdown and boot (like shutdown in the evening and boot in the morning always triggers an error)

the The Kernel-PnP Event ID 219 error is because you have windows fast startup switched on, fast startup just doesn't work properly because of the AMDA00 errors

Sparax
07-03-2014, 12:20 PM
the The Kernel-PnP Event ID 219 error is because you have windows fast startup switched on, fast startup just doesn't work properly because of the AMDA00 errors

Sorry mate but I don't have Windows fast startup switched on thats a Windows 8 feature I'm using Windows 7 SP1

warrenjchang
07-04-2014, 01:10 PM
I am seeing the exact same errors coming up in my system logs too. All the drivers are up to date as per the website.

I just put my 4790k + Asus Maximus VII Hero system together last night.

pcngr
07-04-2014, 08:46 PM
Multiple ACPI Errors i get it all the time i am on win8
there are no FIX for it i a joke i never had so many probables ...
i wish i never change motherboard

pcngr
07-04-2014, 08:53 PM
i feel like i been ripped off with this motherboard

pcngr
07-04-2014, 11:36 PM
Hi guys

i get all the same error i want a fix asus, and what is you driver and ATI or Nvidea

Praz
07-04-2014, 11:49 PM
Hello

Please contact local ASUS support for your location regarding this issue. If this is indeed an ASUS driver issue it is not something that can be solved here at the forum. Thank you.

pcngr
07-05-2014, 01:24 AM
could it be gpu because i am on ati 7970
i send my montherborad back to scan and they used nvidia they said motherboard was fine

what is every else gpu card

warrenjchang
07-05-2014, 01:05 PM
I am using a Nvidia based GPU. GTX 780.

could it be gpu because i am on ati 7970
i send my montherborad back to scan and they used nvidia they said motherboard was fine

what is every else gpu card

antisect
07-05-2014, 02:41 PM
i'm on nvidia too, dont think its got anything to do with the errors.
the first 2 errors from the first post on the thread, as far a can tell are from the fan controllers in the uefi.

these two:

ACPI Event ID 13
: The embedded controller (EC) did not respond within the specified timeout period. This may indicate that there is an error in the EC hardware or firmware or that the BIOS is accessing the EC incorrectly. You should check with your computer manufacturer for an upgraded BIOS. In some situations, this error may cause the computer to function incorrectly.

ACPI Event ID 15
: The embedded controller (EC) returned data when none was requested. The BIOS might be trying to access the EC without synchronizing with the operating system. This data will be ignored. No further action is necessary; however, you should check with your computer manufacturer for an upgraded BIOS.

pcngr
07-06-2014, 12:41 AM
hi just let you all no spoke to asus about the problem they said you have to do RMA

warrenjchang
07-06-2014, 02:46 AM
A lot of people are getting this error message. It's very common. I don't think you should be RMAing it.

I haven't seen this error causing any stability issues so far. Just cosmetic so far ...

I do wish it gets corrected though.

antisect
07-06-2014, 01:05 PM
hi just let you all no spoke to asus about the problem they said you have to do RMA

Its software not hardware

pcngr
07-06-2014, 08:34 PM
we i am not happy buying some think not working right.. its was asus said to get it changed not me

antisect
07-06-2014, 11:20 PM
we i am not happy buying some think not working right.. its was asus said to get it changed not me

well if it does fix the problems don't forget to pop back on here to tell us.

rosefire
07-07-2014, 12:48 AM
I get the third of the errors in the OP on a clean windows 8.1 install after support disk drivers or a clean install using updated drivers posted by ASUS support with the remainder from the support disk.

Event 219 \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device ACPI\PNP0A0A\2&daba3ff&1

As best as I can tell, neither the RIVBE support disk nor the latest updated ASUS downloads include a driver that the Windows Driver Foundation can load for this ACPI\PNP0A0A device.

The missing this driver seems harmless as best as I can tell.

-RF

RIVBE, i4930k, G.Skill F3-02666C11Q-032GTXD, GeForce GTX 760, Samsung 840 Pro SSD x 2 (Raid 0), Win8.1

chongmagic
07-07-2014, 03:05 PM
Just for kicks I performed a clean install of Windows 8.1, installed the latest drivers from the website and I still get the errors. The errors seem to begin after installing AI Suite 3. Now before this I saw no problems in device manager, all devices look OK. My guess is that AI Suite is invoking this but again I can't be sure. I don't think it has anything to do with hardware, it seems software related. And since it seems to occur on those with Z87 boards as well it could be something in AI Suite. I think an RMA would not resolve the problem. If it does then there a lot of people out there that would have to follow this path for resolution.

antisect
07-07-2014, 03:19 PM
ive done a clean install too and deliberately not installed any amda00 driver........no errors.
as soon as i install the latest amda00 driver (actually any version) the errors are back.

HiVizMan
07-08-2014, 07:42 AM
Thank you will inform the software guys again.

AvIeperen
07-23-2014, 07:13 AM
Is there any news on this?

I bought an ASUS Maximus vii Hero two weeks ago and have had these ACPI errors from the start. Tried everything suggested in this thread. Reinstalled Windows 8.1 multiple times, using fewer components everytime. Latest bios installed, latest drivers from the ASUS website. Nothing works. I can't even find a confirmation if these errors are harmless or not. Getting very dissapointed and am ready to send the board back to the store to replace it with one from another supplier.

Darknives
07-29-2014, 11:42 PM
Wanted to make a new thread about this problem but I guess you're getting some attention here. I have the same issue with ACPI Error ID 13, 15 and Kernel-PnP Event ID 219 and tried everything already posted with no luck. Is there any news about fixing this error? Am running last bios 1002 and all the drivers are also up to date btw.

PolifemoXX
08-07-2014, 08:57 PM
I have the Sabertooth Mark 1 and the same thing happens to me. The id acpi warning. 15 off uninstalling Allsuite III.
However, if you do not start all suite, even if you have installed does not appear.
The whole problem is caused by the ASUS Probe II Driver Sense.

Richard Mühli
08-14-2014, 03:03 PM
Same error at my system. Asus Probe II Driver Sense is not working right!!

seanmack
08-14-2014, 03:46 PM
Hey guys,

I've just seen this thread and it's worried me. Might have to RMA my board and swap for another manufacturer. I'm not impressed that these issues were not ironed out before the motherboards reached retail channel.

I started my own thread about these type of errors then stumbled across this one.

Pretty upset about this.

domain
08-14-2014, 07:05 PM
Hey guys,

I've just seen this thread and it's worried me. Might have to RMA my board and swap for another manufacturer. I'm not impressed that these issues were not ironed out before the motherboards reached retail channel.

I started my own thread about these type of errors then stumbled across this one.

Pretty upset about this.

I have seen the same errors on my Gryphon Z97 boards... however not sure why you would RMA since the board itself is functioning.

If you do not install the PC Probe II driver, and don't need AI Suite (which also installs the driver), then you will likely not see these messages... though you will have a "unknown device" listed in the WIndows device manager. I ran without these installed for a month without an issue, it wasn't until I wanted to use part of AI Suite that they started showing up.

That said, it would be nice if ASUS could correct this, particularly for those of us that like to have clean event logs. Even better it would be nice to have a "dummy" driver (like the Intel chipset inf's) as an option, so the unknown device will disappear but we don't have load additional drivers/and services.

It would also be nice if ASUS would update the "ASUS Com Service" that this driver installs to actually be a 64-bit process on 64-bit Operating Systems. Perhaps it seems like a minor thing, but it is annoying when you have a system where everything is a 64-bit executable except for this service.

Leader2light
08-15-2014, 02:46 AM
Does this mean I have the issue? How do I uninstall PC probe II driver? I installed it with mobo software, but never use it anyway. I also don't use the AI suit 3 stuff. I see that in programs to uninstall, but PC probe II is not there.

http://puu.sh/aT30b/084a7539e2.png

JohanEkwall
08-18-2014, 10:14 AM
Have the same problem. Is there any work done to fix this from Asus side? How do you uninstall PC Probe II driver?

seanmack
08-18-2014, 11:17 AM
I have not heard anything back from the two moderators about forwarding this thread to the Asus Tech Management Team. I'll send an email to support directly and link this thread. It needs some serious attention.

UPDATE. I sent the support request ticket and it reads as follows:-

"Attention Senior Tech Support Management Team. On behalf of a group of Maximus VII motherboard users. We have reported issues with ACPI errors occurring with our motherboards. You can read about our issues collectively at the official Asus Rog Forums. Please see the link i have posted below.

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?48808-Help-Multiple-ACPI-Errors

Can you escalate these issues to the senior engineering team so these errors can be fixed. Thank you on behalf of many users and owners of Asus Maximus VII ROG motherboards."

I'd encourage anyone with these issues to do the same and link this forum thread so these errors get as much traction as possible.

Praz
08-18-2014, 03:28 PM
I have not heard anything back from the two moderators about forwarding this thread to the Asus Tech Management Team. I'll send an email to support directly and link this thread. It needs some serious attention.
Hello

Already posted in this thread

Hello

Please contact local ASUS support for your location regarding this issue. If this is indeed an ASUS driver issue it is not something that can be solved here at the forum. Thank you.

seanmack
08-18-2014, 09:49 PM
Hello

Already posted in this thread

Hello Praz.:D

Yes, that's why I messaged the moderators hoping they would have some direct contact with Asus Tech ( I have often seen Raja or HiViz Man do this for posters so made the assumption they could do the same here ).

Legion
08-24-2014, 05:42 PM
Same 3 errors 13, 15, 219 on the event viewer every time i start the pc, only error 219 if i restart the system from windows.
I hope someone will find a solution soon, it's pretty annoying.

elgribbo
08-24-2014, 06:41 PM
Brand new Hero VII built 3 days ago. Getting these issues as well. Not happy to blow 200+ on a board I bought specifically because I thought Asus would be trouble free compared to MSI or ASRock only to see something like this.

seph13
08-25-2014, 05:18 PM
Errors in Event Log do not mean that there are problems. Even a clean install of Windows will have some errors. The errors are only important if you notice any problems and are trying to troubleshoot. That's the reality of coding modern complex operating systems. Eliminating every bug or error code is impossible. The error codes mentioned here also seem completely harmless. Do any of you on the new z97 boards have the hibernation issues that the z87/77 boards have with ai suite installed under win 8.1? If not, then I wouldn't worry about event viewer logs about bios communications that have to do with a program that you know was meant to access the bios.

Sxilver
08-25-2014, 05:48 PM
Hi everyone.
I had the same problem. error 13 etc. I watch my log because I have a lot of crashes while loading of games. For example the benchmark software 3Dmark Demo stopped at 75%. I have uninstalled AI Suite and now it is OK. So this error is not harmless.
I precise I have Bitdefender installed too, because problems with this AI Suite and Bitdefender is known. I hope that the problem will be solved.
My spec :
Asus Hero VII
GTX 780Ti
I7 4790K

geleftheriadis
08-25-2014, 10:08 PM
Hi everyone
I have exact the same issue (Event 13 ACPI error) on formula VII.
The same event appears every time the pc boots.
I don't have AI Suite installed.
My BIOS is the latest (603).
However I didn't notice any operational problems-crashes BSOD etc. My PC runs smoothly without any issues. I am not sure if I have to deal with it or leave it as it is.

elgribbo
08-25-2014, 10:12 PM
Errors in Event Log do not mean that there are problems. Even a clean install of Windows will have some errors. The errors are only important if you notice any problems and are trying to troubleshoot. That's the reality of coding modern complex operating systems. Eliminating every bug or error code is impossible. The error codes mentioned here also seem completely harmless. Do any of you on the new z97 boards have the hibernation issues that the z87/77 boards have with ai suite installed under win 8.1? If not, then I wouldn't worry about event viewer logs about bios communications that have to do with a program that you know was meant to access the bios.

Its funny you mention that because I actually ran into these ACPI event logs trying to track down why I'm getting a solid color frozen screen about 5-10 seconds after resuming from sleep. It will do it maybe 25% of the time on a cold boot up as well, right after I can see the Win7 desktop, screen goes solid color and PC freezes and has to be reset. I'm thinking it may be Nvidia 760 drivers at this point because one of the few remaining events in the log when this happens is a Event ID 14 description cannot be found for source nvlddmkm, but I don't know.

You're right about Windows clean install having events as well, I was trying to narrow down a cause for the above and wound up applying to Microsoft 'Fix It' apps to resolve BS event entries.

antisect
08-26-2014, 12:45 AM

yep ive got the hibernation and fast startup issues, and the event log errors too

(MAXIMUS VII RANGER)

seanmack
08-26-2014, 01:31 AM
Its funny you mention that because I actually ran into these ACPI event logs trying to track down why I'm getting a solid color frozen screen about 5-10 seconds after resuming from sleep. It will do it maybe 25% of the time on a cold boot up as well, right after I can see the Win7 desktop, screen goes solid color and PC freezes and has to be reset. I'm thinking it may be Nvidia 760 drivers at this point because one of the few remaining events in the log when this happens is a Event ID 14 description cannot be found for source nvlddmkm, but I don't know.

You're right about Windows clean install having events as well, I was trying to narrow down a cause for the above and wound up applying to Microsoft 'Fix It' apps to resolve BS event entries.

Hey guys !

The best thing for you all to do is log a support ticket with Asus Tech Support. I have reported these issues and sent them a link to this particular thread so if you guys can do the same, we may get enough attention for these issues to be fixed.

All the best

JohanEkwall
08-27-2014, 06:54 PM
I logged a support ticket with Tech Support and got an answer that my SSD and memory are not on the approved list for the Hero VII.
Thought I didn't have to check for an approved SSD's and memory modules when I bought them. Sure it was enough that the board support the type and speed of the memory, and that it can handle a SATA3 SSD.

Apparently not on the approved list:
SSD: OCZ Vector 150 SATA III 2,5" SSD - 240GB
Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 2x8gb 2400Mhz

He said that either I could try different memory and HDD or send it back to the store for service.
Will probably send it back but then I have to take my water loop appart. Not happy about this. :(

Legion
08-27-2014, 11:26 PM
What a joke.

geleftheriadis
08-28-2014, 02:22 PM
I did the same with local ASUS support in Greece. They told me to check if the error appears on WIN 8 installation (I am using Win 7 64) and to check my PSU (I am using a Corsair AX 860).
I tried to contact them through telephone with no results so far.

Their response was:
"Regarding the described problem, do you have tested the MB with different OS version ? ( ex. windows 8 ?)
Please try to test the MB with a different AC supply"

Legion
08-29-2014, 10:37 AM
Sureeeeee, the ac supply must be the problem boys! Great support!

JohanEkwall
08-29-2014, 02:07 PM
The chance of a PSU causing those errors are kinda low but I'm using the same PSU Corsair AX 860.
I would have though it likely if it was a "i" version of the Corsair PSU that have a USB connection to the MB but AX 860 just supplying power.

I remember many years ago that I had problems with just the Asus Probe driver.

What exactly is the EC (Embedded Controller) on the motherboard?
In HWInfo64 under safety settings u have "EC Support" "Access Embedded Controller when supported. Enable it can cause stability or performance problems."

When I enable it a sensor pop up called Asus EC, but it don't give any values.

antisect
08-29-2014, 05:56 PM
zero chance its the psu

ROG_MBs
09-01-2014, 09:04 PM
Yup, surprisingly, it not the power supply (1xCorsair and 2xSeasonic) that causes this issue on the HeroVI with 477K (stock or OC).

ASUS, shall we RMA these all these "bad boards"? Or, perhaps we should first try to use different screws or SATA cables (also, my Dell monitor is now 3yrs old)?

Perhaps we can expect a driver update that addresses the issues with AMDA00 for ASUS's ACPI Probe?

Perhaps more importantly, does ASUS follow/resolve these threads/issues (other than Raja@ASUS's posting to install the defective AMDA00 driver - back on the first page in early July)?

Great H/W is often lost to the accompanying crap S/W!

ROG_MBs
09-01-2014, 10:07 PM
My workaround on Windows-7 x64 for the Hero VI until ASUS gets the AMDA00 driver for ACPI Probe fixed/updated...

1) Uninstall ACPI Probe II
- The AMDA folder (& sub-folders) should no longer be present under "C:\Program Files"...

2) If AMDA00 errors persist (ie: driver file was not uninstalled with ASUS's ACPI Probe II):
- Click on "Start Menu"
- devmgmt.msc
- Expand "System Devices"
- Right Click on the "AMDA00 Interface" device, select "Uninstall"
- When prompted to Confirm Device Uninstall, select "Delete the driver software for this device"
- Click Ok
- Reboot
- Delete "C:\Program Files\AMDA\" if it exists...

3) Wait for ASUS to update the Probe Sense II software/driver...
- Tolerate the "Unknown device" for the "ACPI\PNP0A0A" in Device Manager
- Latest version DL for Win7 x64 on ASUS's support site is:
"ASUS_AMDA00_ACPI for Windows 7 32/64bit & Windows 8 32/64bit & Windows 8.1"
The version number is not provided, however, the web site offers the date: 2014.01.06 for the update...
The "ASMBSW.inf" in the zip file's Win7 driver folder says:
DriverVer=05/13/2013,14.47.2.348
Which is the same as shown under the AMDA00 Interface's device Properties when installed...

Wish ASUS good luck in running this down/resolving - these ROG boards are outstanding! Their BIOS/HW integration is the best there is, the H/W is very stable, unfortunately, their software isn't yet living up to our H/W.

czeslaw
09-02-2014, 11:14 AM
I'm also having the same issue, tried versions 1.0 and 1.0.1 of the driver with no luck - the driver is causing fast boot failure.

Is there a chance that new bios fixes the issue (I'm on Maximus VII HERO).

jolle.spam
09-03-2014, 07:12 AM
Same Problem here: Event Log Full of ACPI 13 and 15 errors!
Tested on two different systems with two different VII Hero! Its defently a driver oder BIOS problem!

czeslaw
09-03-2014, 11:05 AM
Is MAXIMUS VII HERO BIOS 1104 worth trying ? I don't want to upgrade bios if it's unnecessary, maybe some of you guys already tried ?

antisect
09-03-2014, 01:28 PM
Is MAXIMUS VII HERO BIOS 1104 worth trying ? I don't want to upgrade bios if it's unnecessary, maybe some of you guys already tried ?

i'm using hero 1104 bios....made no difference :(

JohanEkwall
09-09-2014, 10:11 PM
Ok here is an update. I made a support ticket and Asus Tech Support said that I should send my board back to the store.

I did as they said and the fun thing is that the service ppl at the store found that several SATA ports where not working. I got a new board but the ACPI Errors are still there. Guess the store didn't verify the original problem. Since I have the same problem with the new board it's not likely a hardware issue but a software/driver issue.

sinisa.paulic@inet.hr
09-23-2014, 01:09 PM
Error 13 also on my Maximus Ranger VII. It takes 10-15 minutes in game to get a complete system freeze.

sinisa.paulic@inet.hr
09-25-2014, 10:16 AM
Insralled latest Probe drivers from Asus site, AMDA00 driver dated 17.3.2014. and now games work as usuall bu t PC sometimes doesn't enter sleep mode on automatic, manually goes to sleep.

code34
09-29-2014, 01:45 PM
Hi,

Same problem with a new MAXIMUS HERO VII + I5 4690K + SSHD, a fresh windows 7 SP1 installation

Multiple ACPI error in event system logs, system go in hybride hybernation very slowly (more 1 min) or turn off very slowly too. Sometimes never go hybernation mode, stay in iddle statement during a while with a black screen, and keyboard off, but other device like fan still working.

Weard.K
10-15-2014, 03:43 AM
The same problem Hero VII + 4690K "\Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device ACPI\PNP0A0A\2&daba3ff&1"
Sometimes ACPI Errors 13,15...
All the latest drivers are installed
http://i.imgur.com/XWUFpuo.png

czeslaw
10-16-2014, 12:38 PM
With this issue onboard, having a working fast boot is like playing a roulette...
Uninstalling the driver is the best choice right now !
ASUS bring us the fix ASAP !

ElfMagic
10-18-2014, 04:48 AM
get the same errors as OP and random reboots.

Latest BIOS and drivers from MB support page.

MB: Maximus Hero VII
CPU: i5 4690K
Video: 2 x ASUS R9 280X
RAM: 12 GB PC1866 DDR3 Ripjaw Memory
HDD: Sandisk SSD 256 GB

satyanreddyg
10-18-2014, 06:00 PM
my asus H87M-E MOBO also has same problem tried different methods but all failed and in another issue is im getting windows freezing and i can't use aero theme it always asks to change the theme for good performance on Windows 7 pro SP1
But in games i have no issues i play battlefield 4, nfs most wanted latest one all get gone 45fps. In windows i always get slow performace

We need some serious help from Asus please listen us :(

my system specs:

Asus H97M-E Mobo
Intel Core i7 4770 @ 3.40Ghz
Corsair 8GB 1600Mhz
EVGA Geforce GTX 550 Ti 2 GB GDDR5
Seagate hard disk drive 500 GB + 500 GB
Samsung 18.5 LCD Monitor
Cooler Master eLite 311 Chassis with GX-450 watts
Logitech X-540 5.1 Speakers
Razer Abyssus mirror special edition black
Logitech Keyboard

xinner
10-27-2014, 10:56 AM
its been several days since this thread has been posted.. so why the ASUS is not even responding to this one?..
i just bought my mobo asus maximus vii hero this october.. and im having that event error too the id 13 15 error .. whats goin on asus ? i just started to like the asus products !

come on asus tell us if your doing something about this or you had a solution for this..

thanks..

Weard.K
10-28-2014, 05:22 AM
its been several days since this thread has been posted.. so why the ASUS is not even responding to this one?..
i just bought my mobo asus maximus vii hero this october.. and im having that event error too the id 13 15 error .. whats goin on asus ? i just started to like the asus products !

come on asus tell us if your doing something about this or you had a solution for this..

thanks..

It looks like nobody is going to solve this problem. On the performance of the system, these errors do not affect.

czeslaw
10-28-2014, 07:33 AM
It looks like nobody is going to solve this problem. On the performance of the system, these errors do not affect.
Fastboot is performance if you would ask me...

satyanreddyg
10-28-2014, 11:17 AM
here i reinstalled OS windows 7 i decided to check event log on every installation of drivers . I installed only supplied Asus drivers DVD on 1st boot i got no errors on event log but after installing Intel ahci drivers i found this error poping out adma000 drivers load failed

BTW: when i setup my rig for the first time i installed all updated drivers found on asus drivers page and the performance of my system very low and now i only installed supplied drivers now my system work good enough

And i also contacted technical support here is the response i got :

1:
Thank you for contacting ASUS Customer Service.
My name is Carter and it is my pleasure to help you with your problem.

For this issue, may I ask what programs would run slowly on this computer?
If the issue appears after you have installed some software or hardware, please uninstall or remove them and check if it is helpful.
Please have a check if there are some virus in the OS.
Please also confirm that the memory modules are installed correctly on this board.
For the ACPI error, if you insert and let the installation DVD that comes with the motherboard autorun, it will automatically install the "Asus COM" service and this will get recognized as a "AMDA000" interface.

2: about Marvell drivers on h87 chipset

Sorry, according to the spec of this H87M-E board, I am afraid to say there aren't the Marvell sata ports on it, so you don't need to download and install the Marvell sata driver.
For the ACPI error in Event viewer, may I ask if it came from the first day you bought the board?
If the issue appears after you have installed some software or hardware, please uninstall or remove them and check if it is helpful.
Or please check if it came after a windows update?
If still, please right click the AMDA000 in the Device manager and choose to unistall the driver, then reboot the computer and check if it would work.

3:
For the Marvell SATA driver, I would suspect it to be wrongly put on the page of this board, sorry for the inconvenience.
As you see, the AMDA000 is a BIOS component found on Asus motherboards to allow Asus utilities and software to communicate with BIOS components. For example, Asus USB 3.0 UASP booting software may need this device to be working.

4:
As I previously mentioned, it is possible that the AMDA000 previously isn't installed correctly, then the system couldn't normally apply it which caused the error.
So please right click the AMDA000 in the Device manager and choose to unistall
the driver, then reboot the computer and check if it would work.

5: about ACPI, AMDA00 errors

Unofortunately I am afraid to say that I haven't recieved reports about other customers feedback this issue.

For this issue, I suggest you to clear the cmos to load the bios to default settings and try again.
There is CMOS Jumper :

1.) Turn OFF the computer and unplug the power cord.
2.) Move the jumper cap from pins 1-2 ( default ) to pins 2-3. Keep the cap on pins 2-3 for about 5-10 seconds, then move the cap back to pins 1-2

3.) Plug in the power cord and turn ON the computer.
4.) Hold down the < Del > key during the boot process and enter BIOS setup to re-enter data.
If still, if possible, please back up the datas and reinstall a clean OS for a test.

this is the response i got

czeslaw
11-03-2014, 07:08 AM
I will give "MAXIMUS VII HERO BIOS 2012" a chance ...

http://www.asus.com/pl/Motherboards/MAXIMUS_VII_HERO/HelpDesk_Download/

Still the same:

The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device ACPI\PNP0A0A\2&daba3ff&1.

Aessari
11-03-2014, 05:22 PM
Hello guys,

I got new ASUS Ranger board and got same errors in event log except of my hdd is sometimes not detected. I have SSD(system) and 2* 3TB data hdd and roughly in 30% one of my data hdd is not detected in UEFI boot screen and then in windows ofc=I have to reboot computer to get it fixed... This is really annoying. I tried lot of combinations of AHCI/AMDA drivers, tried set up mentioned services to automatic, but nothing helped... to be trueful, I would be happy if it would be just errors in event log, but now its like a gamble if my pc will be usefull or not...

So I am asking someone from ASUS, is this reason to RMA the board or should I wait for new drivers etc? Btw. RMA is pain, because I will be without pc for one month and I dont have any other computer to work on...

Edit: From now on the one hdd is never detected when cold boot. After reboot both are detected without issues. So only cold boot makes troubles now, any idea please?

andragoras
11-18-2014, 03:18 PM
Same issue here, Asus z97-deluxe. Latest bios and drivers. Drives disappear after sleep and boot, don't show up in BIOS. Only fix is to reboot or perform a cold boot. I have my drives spread across the two sata controllers and can confirm it is not the controller. I have a mix of mechanical and ssd drives, both of which have the issue.

Karlo666
11-18-2014, 05:01 PM
Same issue here, Asus z97-deluxe. Latest bios and drivers. Drives disappear after sleep and boot, don't show up in BIOS. Only fix is to reboot or perform a cold boot. I have my drives spread across the two sata controllers and can confirm it is not the controller. I have a mix of mechanical and ssd drives, both of which have the issue.

I have similar issue.
This is crashing IMEI drivers and also its needed to reboot to fix it and its still happening.
BTW i found what was doing it.
It was my G15 keyboard.
I tested on other brand board(non Z97 board) and system.
Same problem poped up while using my G15 keyboard.

Just search what HW does it and replace it and thats why we should stick whit QVendor list from Asus.

Let me know if this fixed your issue.

Cheers.

Praz
11-18-2014, 05:28 PM
I have similar issue.
This is crashing IMEI drivers and also its needed to reboot to fix it and its still happening.
BTW i found what was doing it.
It was my G15 keyboard.
I tested on other brand board(non Z97 board) and system.
Same problem poped up while using my G15 keyboard.

Just search what HW does it and replace it and thats why we should stick whit QVendor list from Asus.

Let me know if this fixed your issue.

Cheers.
Hello

Thanks for the info. But you are going against the unwritten rule of always blaming the motherboard. :)

Aessari
11-22-2014, 06:41 AM
Bad joke with the keyboard and "compatible" devices... I didnt buy ASUS ROG motherboard to have problems with such ****... My other computers with different brand MB and also 2* cheaper than this ASUS ROG works fine with everything, plug and play... My first ROG board 2 years ago got problem with not saving UEFI settings after power cut, this MB not detects drives... GOOD WORK ASUS! Next time I will go with different brand, 100% failure rate for me and no fix/update or anything from your side!

sdmf74
11-23-2014, 02:31 PM
Fortunately I have not been having these issues with my MAXIMUS VII FORMULA. I came here after researching Probe II sense driver that I just realized I dont have installed. It did NOT install with AISUITE III & I wasnt sure what it was but after reading this thread I think I will pass rather than risk any issues. Is it safe to asssume this has NOT been addressed/resolved yet?

remedy1978
12-09-2014, 03:24 AM
Has there been any update to this issue? Just purchased a VII Gene and I get the error 13 with the embedded controller. I tried not installing the Probe software but that had no effect.

Should I RMA the board or is this par for the course?

cashxx
12-10-2014, 08:02 PM
I'm having all kinda of issues......I just installed a new Asus Maximus Hero VII with 4790k processor. Formatted my Samsung EVO 840 500GB drive and installed Windows 7. Already had CD made with latest drivers from Asus website for my board made and installed the chipset and other drivers.

Do Windows Update and get through the first 200 or so updates and reboot. Run Windows Update again and have about 22 updates and it fails installing 14 of them.

Formatted the drive and used the drivers off the cd that came with the board and same issue.

Formatted again and didn't install any drivers except for the LAN driver and did the Windows updates only and same issue.

Stopped Windows Update Service and Deleted the C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution folder and rebooted and ran Windows Update again and same issue.

Installed latest BIOS and still no luck.

Windows Update Error Code:
code 800706F7

Updates look mainly like security updates so not sure what the issue is.

Puffnstuff
12-11-2014, 01:26 AM
What bios version are you using? Did you do a mbr or uefi gpt install? Did you format the drive and clear off the mbr before you installed windows?

remedy1978
12-11-2014, 04:11 AM
I believe I figured out the ACPI 13 error, at least for me. It was the Realtek driver. Once I uninstalled, no more errors. Hope this helps someone else out. Maximus VII Gene. I plan on checking the pins for the sound card over the weekend.

cashxx
12-11-2014, 07:53 PM
What bios version are you using? Did you do a mbr or uefi gpt install? Did you format the drive and clear off the mbr before you installed windows?

If your asking me PuffnStuff.......The board came with 1104 and I upgraded it to 2012 and now I see a new one is out, but from what I read 1104 is the best one to stick with if overlocking.

I formatted and did the mbr all times as well.

I came home tonight and formatted the drive again and installed Windows 7. Discovered the Asus AutoInstall button when the CD launched and just installed everything. Ran Windows Update and they all installed.

When I ran Windows Update tonight it went from 193 updates from yesterday to 123 today. Had a bunch of optional updates of about 53 and left them alone.

Running stable now......just got done installing burning software, Office, a few games and things look fine. Device Manager is clean......all updates are installed and looks good!

Either Microsoft had stuff screwed up or you almost have to install everything by using that AutoInstall button. I have never installed everything and have always did the chipset drivers first and then any ball bats in the device manager I installed the appropriate drivers until they were all gone and never had a problem until with this board.

Fun Fun!!

Weard.K
12-14-2014, 10:46 PM
ACPI Event ID 15

Kernel-PnP Event ID 219
The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device ACPI\PNP0A0A\2&daba3ff&2.

System Specs
Asus Maximus VII HERO (BIOS 2201)
Intel Core i5-4690k @ Stock
Windows 8.1 Pro x64 (all updates)

How to get rid of the error? Are they harmful? The motherboard is faulty?

Sparax
12-15-2014, 09:22 AM
How to get rid of the error? Are they harmful? The motherboard is faulty?

As far as i know there is no way to get rid of these errors at the moment.

The errors are not harmful to your system just annoying really.

And no your motherboard isn't faulty it's just a driver issue.

alex380
12-15-2014, 07:30 PM
If you check your voltages from hwmonitor or hwinfo or cpu-z or anything else you 'll find out that those values are wrong. Only AI suite works fine with the cpu voltages. Does anyone really know if they will ever make a new driver?

xello
12-17-2014, 05:25 PM
I think I'm having a similar issue. I only noticed because it seems to be causing my cpu to remain constantly active even when idle, meaning idle temps are higher than they should be etc.

After I noticed the cpu usage from the System process, I opened its properties in Process Explorer and seen it was caused by acpi.sys, and i also have many of the same acpi warning messages in event viewer:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/98455184/Screenshot%202014-12-17%2017.14.49.png

using RVE with bios 0802, windows 8.1x64

kwreid
12-25-2014, 08:27 AM
I came home tonight and formatted the drive again and installed Windows 7. Discovered the Asus AutoInstall button when the CD launched and just installed everything. Ran Windows Update and they all installed.

[Edit: I checked again 24h later and found that I am still seeing the ACPI embedded controller error. So we still can't explain it. X( ]

I wanted to share a tentative success story. I was having problems with the ACPI embedded controller error and after much trial and error I gave your solution a try. I went to the CD and did the "install all" method for driver installation. There were a few items on the list that I hadn't installed... One of which was the Intel storage components.

After I rebooted I noticed that I was now using the Intel drivers for the drives I had installed. I don't think I was before. So far I've not seen the embedded controller eventlog error again.

I am still seeing the WUDFRd driver warning though.

I'm running the Core i7-4770, Maximus VII Hero with latest BIOS (2012?), Windows 7 64bit.

Puffnstuff
12-25-2014, 11:41 AM
Glad you got it all sorted out.

kwreid
12-25-2014, 09:18 PM
Glad you got it all sorted out.

Nuts. Checked today and found that I am still getting the EC error after all. The InstallAll option didn't fix it after all.

SpecimenONE
12-28-2014, 10:58 AM
So this issue is not resolved yet?

I've got the exact same warnings like the OP.
I'm not experiencing any issues though.

Intel I5 4690 (Stock speed)
Asus ROG Maximus VII Ranger(Latest bios 2012)
CORSAIR 16GB (2X8GB) 1866MHZ CMY16GX3M2A1866C9R (XMP)
ASUS GTX980-4GD5 4GB GDDR5 (stock speed) 344.75 Nvidia drivers
INTEL 120GB 2.5 INCH 530 SERIES SSDSC2BW120A401
WESTERN DIGITAL 1000GB WD BLACK™ 64MB 7200RPM WD1003FZEX
CORSAIR 650W RM650 RM SERIES CP-9020054-EU
MICROSOFT 64 WINDOWS 8.1 64BIT
Internet cable +160MBITS (not wireless)
Rest of my drivers are all up to date.
Screen: Pioneer Kuro KRL-32V

Puffnstuff
12-28-2014, 03:36 PM
When I first installed my board I was running windows 7 ultimate x64 in a mbr install and I had tons of trouble until I did two things. Upgraded to windows 8.1 x64 professional and did a uefi gpt installation. With a uefi installation of windows it allows the bootloader to merge with stage 3 of the uefi bios and allows the board and os to communicate more effectively. I initially did a uefi gpt instal of windows 7 but even it did not communicate the right way with the bios and I had trouble booting. My system would not consistently boot when I hit the power button and windows would start to load and then reset the bios and start all over again in what seemed like an endless loop. There were times where it would loop 16 times before I could load windows.

With that said not all problems are the same but I've also read articles about the uefi implementation on various boards and how people, especially those who run the apple os with their pc hardware prefer gigabyte's implementation of the uefi standard because it has additional files that the rest do not that allow their boards to run more effectively with uefi. Again I do not understand all of the differences but I do know that my uefi install of windows 8.1 professional x64 works great and is stable. The windows 8.1 interface sucks until you modify it with classic shell and then it is like windows 7 only better.

Praz
12-28-2014, 05:14 PM
With that said not all problems are the same but I've also read articles about the uefi implementation on various boards and how people, especially those who run the apple os with their pc hardware prefer gigabyte's implementation of the uefi standard because it has additional files that the rest do not that allow their boards to run more effectively with uefi.
Hello

This is complete nonsense. They were the last motherboard manufacturer to implement UEFI because of the issues they were having. Any extra files are more likely patches and workarounds for the outstanding problems that still exist.

Puffnstuff
12-28-2014, 07:41 PM
The folks who do hackintosh have a different perspective on uefi bios implementations which is why they all recommend using a gigabyte board if you are going to do a uefi os x install.

kwreid
12-29-2014, 08:26 AM
So this issue is not resolved yet?

I've got the exact same warnings like the OP.
I'm not experiencing any issues though.

Intel I5 4690 (Stock speed)
Asus ROG Maximus VII Ranger(Latest bios 2012)

I just noticed today that there is a newer BIOS out for the board - "2201". You might want to give that a try. I flashed it this afternoon and so far have not seen any of these errors since. So far so good.

Edit/Update: A day later I see that I have 2 of these ACPI errors in the event log. So it seems that the occurrence is much less frequent, but it hasn't gone away on my Maximus VII Hero with BIOS 2201.

SpecimenONE
12-29-2014, 02:44 PM
I just noticed today that there is a newer BIOS out for the board - "2201". You might want to give that a try. I flashed it this afternoon and so far have not seen any of these errors since. So far so good.

Nice to hear that you solved your issue with a newer BIOS update !

I have the latest BIOS for my MB though(2012) - Asus Maximus VII ranger
There is no mention on the asus website of BIOS 2201.

Perhaps you mean that there is a new BIOS for the Asus Maximus Hero board.

kwreid
12-31-2014, 04:33 AM
SpecimenONE,

I just updated that post with the latest findings. A day later I see that I have 2 of these ACPI errors in the event log. So it seems that the occurrence is much less frequent, but it hasn't gone away on my Maximus VII Hero with BIOS 2201.

jacpolman
01-06-2015, 12:12 PM
Same issues her on Maximus VII Ranger. Seems to have no effect, only PC wakes up from sleep due to On/Off switch (which I did not touched at all). Don't know if it is related.

Latest drivers, latest BIOS, Samsung SSD 250 fresh win 8.1 pro installation...

Edit: PC waking is miraculously solved... But ACPI errors are still present.

volts240@live.co.uk
01-08-2015, 09:25 PM
Same errors here folks , can't add anything to what's been said
except asus should fix this pronto - its not fair when so many user
are spending hours trying to solve these issues
think of the man-hours gone into this - its frightening

More errors occur with AISuite Installed
Iusing BIOS 2012 , Ranger VII Motherboard, Win 8.1

8link
01-12-2015, 07:26 PM
Hello Guys!

Same problem here! As i see i am the first one with Rampage IV Black Edition and i7 4960X but i also get:

Załadowanie sterownika \Driver\WUDFRd dla urządzenia ACPI\PNP0A0A\2&daba3ff&2 nie powiodło się.
Which in polish means that the driver connot be loaded. I think that because of that error system startup takes longer.

Any news on the topic? I would be very happy to find a solution.

Windows 7 64 bit using newest Probe II driver

kerrypierce@comcast.net
01-15-2015, 09:41 AM
FWIW, I had same problem on an ASUS Maximus VII Hero. The fix was to download the ASUS Probe II Sense Driver 1.0.1.0, (in Utilities section of motherboard downloads) unzip it and then I used the device driver properties window to "update driver" and pointed it to the folder where I'd unzipped the Probe driver. It found the driver that it wanted, installed it and the problem was solved. Hope it works for you.

rwmeyers
01-17-2015, 03:43 PM
Same continuing issue on M7 Gene.

lunarstrain
01-18-2015, 08:08 PM
i think i have a temporary solution to this issue. 1-From Device Manager, find the AMDA00 deice and update driver, choose microsoft hyper v-s3 2- Find dipawaymode.exe in the program files folder and rename it. (like backupdipawaymode.exe or anything else) 3-From services.msc disable ASUS System Control Service. After having done these changes, my eventv viewer logs are clean from all these acpi errors. Also Asus AI suite works.

TheRealWitblitz
01-18-2015, 09:50 PM
Maximus VII Formula, same issue here.

I've been getting hard locks for 3 days for no apparent reason, event viewer is filled with ACPI errors. Specifically EventID 219 \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device ACPI\PNP0A0A\2

m4r1n7
01-19-2015, 11:32 PM
Same here ,Iam getting same error which I think sometimes gives me blue screen ,happened 4 times on this computer
My rig is 2months old and tried everything
but still error:The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device ACPI\PNP0A0A\2&daba3ff&1 persist in log viewer , I dont know what to do

MOBO: MAXIMUS VII HERO, everything updated, OS, drivers etc

8link
01-20-2015, 12:07 PM
I am pushing this case with local Asus support. I`ve provided them a big package of tests results and my observations. Unfortunately until now absolutely no helpful advises received, besides the "re-install your system" and "RMA your board"

Funny thing is that in my particular case, besides the fact that i think PC boot time is affected and event log looks ugly everything else is working rock solid.

I did a clean install of Win 7 64 bit and then installed only Asus PC Probe II driver, which was delivered on a CD with the mobo and after reboot, instantly event log error kicks in, so it must be driver issue.

I`ll inform you if anything new popup.

vladoportos
01-20-2015, 09:12 PM
Any news ? same issue here on brand new ( and very expensive ) motherboard Maximus VII Formula

m4r1n7
01-20-2015, 11:24 PM
Nothing new, everyone is telling the fixes which dont actually fix the problem
nothing from asus company , it is probably the driver issue , its all we know for now

cwagz
01-21-2015, 02:39 AM
I have a Maximus VII Gene and found about this same error when trying to figure out why my system will not perform a fast boot. I think it is related. No matter what I set in the BIOS I still see the timeout and have the ability to enter the BIOS on every reboot.
Windows 8.1, Strix 970GTX. All of my other computers boot about 3 times faster and cannot enter the BIOS unless told to do so through Win 8.1.

supateg
01-22-2015, 08:01 PM
I bought my Motherboard from Asus in Taiwan.

I work for a big company I know problems can get ignored but this is such a kick in the teeth!

BTW Im ordering my ASROCK motherboard as we speak because **** Asus!

Edit:

Post edited and enjoy your vacation.

Weard.K
01-31-2015, 06:26 AM
The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device ACPI\PNP0A0A\2&daba3ff&1

the problem persists for a year has passed, but Asus is not doing anything.

digmeahole1
02-04-2015, 09:40 PM
These errors are caused by ASUS drivers where the inf and other important inro related to letting the driver work is being installed in the temp folder, specifically in C:\Users\user name\AppData\Local\Temp. It occurs after you run disk cleanup or delete browsing history in ie or ccleaner or any other cleaning tool. It took me a while to figure this out but i am not a programer. @ASUS YOU NEED TO FIX YOUR LOCATION FOR YOUR DRIVERS!

Morgan990
02-05-2015, 09:48 AM
I put in MB disk in.... Then I opened DM and right clicked on "! other device" and selected the option to install and selected the path to the CD~drivers~AMDA00... issue solved with my ACPI\PNP0A0A issue.... I hope that helps

mattzildjian
02-05-2015, 08:55 PM
I think many of us have the driver "installed" as far it is shows on Device Manager, even with the properties saying this device is working properly, however we still get the error on startup from event viewer.

digmeahole1
02-05-2015, 10:10 PM
Exactly, that is what i was trying to point out in my post above. It does not matter if the driver is installed as the files it needs to run correctly are being erased!

I think many of us have the driver "installed" as far it is shows on Device Manager, even with the properties saying this device is working properly, however we still get the error on startup from event viewer.

mattzildjian
02-07-2015, 02:03 AM
These errors are caused by ASUS drivers where the inf and other important inro related to letting the driver work is being installed in the temp folder, specifically in C:\Users\user name\AppData\Local\Temp. It occurs after you run disk cleanup or delete browsing history in ie or ccleaner or any other cleaning tool. It took me a while to figure this out but i am not a programer. @ASUS YOU NEED TO FIX YOUR LOCATION FOR YOUR DRIVERS!

What are the file names of the driver files in temp?

Does this installer script help find the issue of the incorrect directory? I couldn't find any problem at first glance.

[Version]
Signature="$Windows NT$"
Class=System
ClassGuid={4D36E97D-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
Provider=%ManufacturerName%
CatalogFile=ASMBSW.cat
DriverVer=03/17/2014,1.0.1.0
;PnpLockDown=1

[Manufacturer]
%ManufacturerName%=Standard,NTamd64

[Standard.NTamd64]
%DeviceName%=MyDevice_Install, Root\AMDA00 Interface
%DeviceName%=MyDevice_Install, ACPI\VEN_PNP&DEV_0A0A
%DeviceName%=MyDevice_Install, ACPI\PNP0A0A

[SourceDisksFiles]
ASMBSW.dll=1
WudfUpdate_01011.dll=1
ATKEX.dll = 1,\AXSP
atkexComSvc.exe = 1,\AXSP
axIns.exe = 1,\AXSP
axIns.ini = 1,\AXSP
AsIO.dll = 1,\Io
AsIO.VXD = 1,\Io
AsIO32.sys = 1,\Io
AsIO64.sys = 1,\Io
AsIoIns.exe = 1,\Io
AsIoUnins.exe = 1,\Io
Version.ini = 1,\Io

[SourceDisksNames]
1 = %DiskName%

; =================== UMDF Device ==================================

[MyDevice_Install.NT]
CopyFiles=UMDriverCopy
CopyFiles=AsusIoCopy
CopyFiles=AsusAtkCopy
RegisterDlls=AsusIoReg
RegisterDlls=AsusAtkReg

[MyDevice_Install.NT.hw]

[MyDevice_Install.NT.Services]
AddService=WUDFRd,0x000001fa,WUDFRD_ServiceInstall

[MyDevice_Install.NT.CoInstallers]
CopyFiles=CoInstallers_CopyFiles
AddReg=CoInstallers_AddReg

[MyDevice_Install.NT.Wdf]
UmdfService=ASMBSW,ASMBSW_Install
UmdfServiceOrder=ASMBSW

[ASMBSW_Install]
UmdfLibraryVersion=1.11.0
ServiceBinary=%12%\UMDF\ASMBSW.dll
DriverCLSID={d44f49ec-2488-4542-a772-f358ef040213}

[WUDFRD_ServiceInstall]
DisplayName = %WudfRdDisplayName%
ServiceType = 1
StartType = 3
ErrorControl = 1
ServiceBinary = %12%\WUDFRd.sys
LoadOrderGroup = Base
AddProperty= ASUS_MBSW_Interface_AddProperty

[ASUS_MBSW_Interface_AddProperty]
{757a7750-4416-4226-9a95-0a40b3b60549},6,0x11,,1 ; Privileged Interface

[CoInstallers_CopyFiles]
WudfUpdate_01011.dll

[CoInstallers_AddReg]
HKR,,CoInstallers32,0x00010000,"WudfUpdate_01011.dll"

[DestinationDirs]
UMDriverCopy=12,UMDF ; copy to drivers\umdf
CoInstallers_CopyFiles=11
AsusAtkCopy=16422,\ASUS\AMDA\AXSP ; copy to Program Files\ASUS\AMDA\AXSP
AsusIoCopy=16422,\ASUS\AMDA\Io ; copy to Program Files\ASUS\AMDA\Io

[UMDriverCopy]
ASMBSW.dll

[AsusIoCopy]
AsIO.dll
AsIO.VXD
AsIO32.sys
AsIO64.sys
AsIoIns.exe
AsIoUnins.exe
Version.ini

[AsusAtkCopy]
ATKEX.dll
atkexComSvc.exe
axIns.exe
axIns.ini

[AsusIoReg]
16422,\ASUS\AMDA\Io,AsIoIns.exe,,,,

[AsusAtkReg]
16422,\ASUS\AMDA\AXSP,axIns.exe,,,,

; =================== Generic ==================================

[Strings]
ManufacturerName="ASUSTeK Computer Inc."
ClassName="System"
DiskName = "ASMBSW Installation Disk"
WudfRdDisplayName="Windows Driver Foundation - User-mode Driver Framework Reflector"
DeviceName="AMDA00 Interface"

Sparax
02-07-2015, 06:06 AM

The drivers are not installed to the TEMP folder they just get unpacked there this is normal most installers unpack files to the temp directory before installing them to there final destination.

digmeahole1
02-07-2015, 06:24 AM
Trust me you are incorrect. Read my post regarding solving the issue. Every time you run any cleaner that clears the temp folder the errors in event viewer start. download and run ccleaner run it and look at your error log after you restart.

The drivers are not installed to the TEMP folder they just get unpacked there this is normal most installers unpack files to the temp directory before installing them to there final destination.

digmeahole1
02-07-2015, 06:26 AM
I don't remember now as i have it uninstalled and disabled in the device manager. the start with a #. Sorry!

QUOTE=mattzildjian;474372]What are the file names of the driver files in temp?

Does this installer script help find the issue of the incorrect directory? I couldn't find any problem at first glance.[/QUOTE]

digmeahole1
02-08-2015, 04:09 AM
Hi, been trying to get your attention as i cant pm you... Can you have someone look at this thread. I found the general cause for these issues. ty see photos lower in post...

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?57432-ACPI-Errors-RELATED-TO-ASUS-Probe-II-Sense-Driver-possibly-solved

Not sure which OS you are using but do you have automatic update enabled?

Ayman
02-10-2015, 06:08 PM
Am having the same issue on my PC does this error freeze your computer from time to time or some applications stop working or start to give errors

mbze430
02-10-2015, 10:21 PM
I don't own a ROG board, not a hardcore gamer, but I do own a ASUS Z97-Pro WIFI edition, and I am ALSO getting this error message
"The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device ACPI\PNP0A0A\2&daba3ff&2"

Sparax
02-11-2015, 02:34 PM
As posted by Nodens

Ok. First thigns first:

a) Those WUDFRd errors are not ACPI errors. No matter if they point to ACPI\PNP0A0A\2&daba3ff&2. This is just a PNP (Plug and Play) indentifier that points to a device class.

b) WUDFRd is Windows User Mode Driver Framework. This is a framework for drivers that run in user mode, in contrast to kernel mode that most drivers run as. These are drivers that do not need Ring-0 security layer access for those familiar with technical details. For the rest it's too complicated to explain.

c) Those errors happen because of bugs in Windows and specifically the Framework itself. WUDFRd is not available when Windows tries to load the driver so you get these errors in the event viewer. Afterwards the driver for the device is loaded normally, if it wasn't then the device that uses WUDFRd (eg your Android phone) would not work (would not be seen by your PC). These errors can be safely ignored untill Microsoft decides to fix those issues. You will usually see these errors when devices that use WUDFRd are connected during boot/reboot. In case of software using a user mode driver, you will see these errors always if the driver get initiated on boot (so yes it's possible to see these errors caused by software BUT again they are harmless).

m4r1n7
02-18-2015, 11:48 AM
still nothing from them?
Iam still having this errors in event log

Praz
02-18-2015, 01:25 PM
still nothing from them?
Iam still having this errors in event log

Hello

Read Nodens post.

m4r1n7
02-19-2015, 01:10 AM
Oh didn't notice,
well good thing its nothing special afterall
and we've got some answers ..
thank you

hbordon727
02-19-2015, 09:09 PM
Can we see the light yet.
I've encountered ACPI errors in the past and a simple driver update has fixed the problem, However, having read many, many posts on this topic, it would seem some particular errors are still persisting.

I have a couple of questions:
Will this new AMDA00 driver help the OP resolve his issue with W7 or is the driver patch for W8.1 only. ?
And are these ACPI Probe II sense driver (AMDA00) errors confined to the Maximus VII series.?

Hopefully now this has come to Raja@ASUS attention, a resolve is at hand for the many others with this problem who may read this thread.

To: Sparax, Hang in there Mate.
To: antisect and chongmagic, Thanks for your valuable input and keep it coming.

JUST TO CONFIRM.. IAM RUNNING THE ASUS RAMPAGE V EXTREME X99 MOBO AND I GET EVENT 219 ACPI ERROR ON EVERY SINGLE RESTART AND OR STARTUP.. PROBLEM HAS BEEN PASSED ON TO X99 BOARDS AS WELL...

hbordon727
02-19-2015, 09:13 PM
AMDA00=PROBE II SENSOR.. PROBLEM IS IN THE DRIVER AND IF ASUS DOESNT TARGET THE VERY SINGLE DRIVER CAUSING THE ISSUE THEN THIS ASUS PROBLEM WILL BE PASSED ON FOREVER.. MAKES SENSE????????? is like having a genetic desease and you just keep passing it along the genetic dna line..

digmeahole1
02-19-2015, 10:30 PM
This post by @Nodens should be in a thread and stuck, for all the people like me who wasted countless hours trying to resolve this non issue.

Weard.K
02-20-2015, 11:14 PM
This post by @Nodens should be in a thread and stuck, for all the people like me who wasted countless hours trying to resolve this non issue.

Oh, thank you! Just will not pay attention to this error, the system is stable.

m4r1n7
02-21-2015, 01:05 PM
same here
thanks for the info
cheers rog members

De7ilx
03-10-2015, 02:25 PM
I have same issue as everyone is pointing out here.
Before I had AI Suite III installed and once I got BSOD, then couple of times I got hard freeze. And then couple of times my PC rebooted on its own. When checking event viewer this Critical entry was found:
"A problem has occurred with one or more user-mode drivers and the hosting process has been terminated. This may temporarily interrupt your ability to access the devices."
Also this one: "The device AMDA00 Interface (location (unknown)) is offline due to a user-mode driver crash. Windows will attempt to restart the device 5 more times. Please contact the device manufacturer for more information about this problem."

Now yesterday I have uniinstalled the Asus AI Suite III but still get those errors.
Will have to see if those hard freezes, bsods and random reboots occur or not. If they do then this driver issue isnt that harmless after all :)

De7ilx
03-11-2015, 05:11 PM
Today I cannot boot my PC anymore.. Says BadDriver in Startup Repair which fails also.

s1l3nce
04-13-2015, 07:52 PM
I have also noticed the Kernel-PnP Event ID 219 warning. I own a Z97-Pro board.

Please Asus, fix this once and for all!

edit: I've just read here and other places that those warnings are nothing to be worried about. Also that Microsoft has to put a bit on his part to solve this issues.

shawly
04-28-2015, 10:33 AM
I already know that this message is kinda not relevant and does not influence my system, but still, I hate that there is this message, this just shows poor coding and that the devs just don't give a ****...

My GA-Z87X-UD5H in my home server never let me down, nor did I ever have any issues at all and it supports VT-d.

Z97-Pro
05-19-2015, 11:21 AM
I just read this entire thread from beginning to end, the whole time clinging to a small ray of hope that all the brainstorming, discussion, dedication etc. by the previous posters would pay off in the end, for everyone's sake. But here I sit, still racking up ACPI errors with no end in sight. I'm grateful for all the efforts made toward a fix, but also shocked that everyone is so willing to settle for a third hand, BS answer from an Asus source who thinks pointing the finger at Microsoft and downplaying the issue somehow absolves ASUS of it responsibility to thousands of loyal customers left to deal with this crap. It's unacceptable and insulting. NO, I'm not bothered simply by errors in my event log UNTIL those error translate into freezes, crashes, or 3 minute delays EVERY time I turn on a computer that I poured a LOT of time and money into ensuring that it would boot in 7.5 seconds or less. I CALL THAT UNSTABLE!!!

PhoneyVirus
05-25-2015, 04:40 PM
I have to agree I been purchasing Motherboards from ASUS over a decade and just about everyone I owned had something wrong with it, all but one ASUS P5Q Pro motherboard was rock solid. Brainstorming wasn't done, they all know the full line of Maximus VII Hero motherboards are defective and the only way to solve the problem would be to have a recall.

Bad enough their drivers on the website wasn't installing correctly nor do they function right. Intel Chipset driver was the cause of the USB 3.0 drivers not installing correctly and I ant going to talk about this here. Type ASUS Maximus VII Hero USB 3.0 Problems and You'll fine it on The Guru of 3D.

Here's the quote from one post:

Apparently the problem didn't go away, using a external HDD with two USB ports on one end to operate the drive caused the computer to play a song with the Plug-in play notification sound and knew it was insignificant power been suppled to the ports. The drivers that I installed from ASUS was the cause of the fault or Intel either way it wasn't installing correctly. It was either Intel(R) Chipset Software Installation Utility v10.0.14 or v10.0.17 can't really remember. So after restoring the Machine back to a clean installation it was time to get to the bottom of this, uninstalled Intel USB 3.0 Driver V3.0.0.16 rebooted and install the latest ASUS Intel Chipset driver v10.0.20.

Looking at the Device Manger at the time I seen two Standard PCI host controller to USB controllers something like that again can't really remember the specific name and Intel device where the USB 3.0 drivers were uninstalled. Reinstalled Intel USB 3.0 eXtensible V3.0.1.41 Host Controller driver and it was still reporting Standard PCI host controller for one of them even after rebooting.

So at this point I had USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller and Intel 9 Series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller 8CA6 showing correctly in the Device Manager. Reading the news on The Guru of 3D yes thank you and seen Intel updated there chipset driver basically a .ini file and downloaded it. Knowing ASUS wasn't going to update there website with the latest version. Installing the driver Hard Lock the USB ports, lucky for me I had a keyboard using the PS2 port because all the USB ports were killed by the Chipset driver installation.

Restarted the computer and reinstalled them on top of the same ones theres over writing them and giving me back my mouse. Open the Device Manager and the Standard PCI Host Controller was now reporting Intel 9 Series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - 8CAD. Everything seems fine and managed to get a ten hour day of productively without the Flash drives disconnecting and reconnecting, but did hear the Plug-in play sound when the computer came back out of sleep.

I disabled Sleep and the USB suspend option along with the Power options in the device manger, right-click on Hub and select Power Management tab.

Has of now the problem seems a lot better then before, who to blame both Intel and ASUS, there's just one little thing in the Even Viewer with ACPI Warning about some driver, sad thing it's installed even read the same problem on their forums and it still pops up ever now and then. Time to enjoy some games and not have to worry about the flash drives playing a song. If theres any more problems I'll just probably RMA it before it gets to late or just purchase a new that doesn't have a ASUS branding on it. You may want to disable all the USB ports you ant using in the UEFI-BIOS Rom, along with the Asmedia controller if you have no use for it.

With fifteen pages of people reporting the same problem and they point there finger at Microsoft. Lets see if they patch this error with Windows 10 or for that matter even report it to Microsoft so they can do something about it.

Migailu
08-12-2015, 10:56 AM
I installed Windows 10 (x64) Pro one Week ago and can imagine the same Event Viewer Entries like all the others in this Thread...
Absolutley the same errors like in Windows 7, Windows 8....... My Systems freezes after playing 45 minutes Battlefield 4...
In the event viewer i find all the errors you reported already... So, nothing changed....
I downloaded all the up to date drivers from the ASUS Homepage for my ASUS Maximus VI Hero Board.....

And now ??

With my old Windows 7 install i had no such freezes.....

Thank you for all the problems ASUS !!

greets
Migailu

matrixleader
08-25-2015, 03:16 PM
Same here with my X-99 Deluxe motherboard. Never touching anything that has the name ASUS on it again!

Karlo666
08-26-2015, 05:45 PM
I have also noticed the Kernel-PnP Event ID 219 warning. I own a Z97-Pro board.

Please Asus, fix this once and for all!

edit: I've just read here and other places that those warnings are nothing to be worried about. Also that Microsoft has to put a bit on his part to solve this issues.

Same here but no BSOD or any other problem.Read my threads and you will find why.The problem is in the MBO cuz it trys to load PnP(Plug and Play) for that device but few seconds after it loads fine and there is no problem.

For you people that have BSOD whit it see if you have some old HDDs on USB connected while booting.
I had similar issue whit my WD 2 TB on USB 2.0 when booting to Windows 7 and now when i switched to internal SATA 3 HDD all is fine.

Also @De7ilx for AMDA00 to work fine you must do clean install of Windows 7/8/8.1 . Firsty install Chipset driver then Intel MEI and AMDA00 will install fine after that and you will have no BSODs also if you OC you CPU disable Asus Multicore Ench. thing because it does some BIOS error and sometimes can do BSODs on some systems.

predator_x4
09-23-2015, 03:57 PM
Same here.

": The embedded controller (EC) returned data when none was requested. The BIOS might be trying to access the EC without synchronizing with the operating system. This data will be ignored. No further action is necessary; however, you should check with your computer manufacturer for an upgraded BIOS."

CPU: i7 4790k @ Stock
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980 Ti reference
RAM: 2x8 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR 3 1600 Low Profile
SSD: 3x Samsung 850 EVO (Newest firmware installed)
Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Hero (BIOS 2801)
PSU: BeQuiet Dark Power Pro 10 750W

Windows 10 is fully updatet
All system drivers are up to date, device manager shows 0 unknown devices.

System is stable, but why i got this error??? Is this a cosmetic issue only?? i realized it is not every time i start my PC, only 1-2 times a week i see this error in my event log....should i worry about it? Purchased my Asus maximus vii hero 2 months ago and everything runs fine execpt this error message in the eventlog

Sorry for my english, it is not my native language.

DarthVader87
09-23-2015, 09:38 PM

True this, driver is available at the site but for win 8/8.1 NOT win10... is it 100% compatible with win 10?

predator_x4
09-24-2015, 09:37 AM
True this, driver is available at the site but for win 8/8.1 NOT win10... is it 100% compatible with win 10?

ASUS Probe II Sense Driver V1.0.1.0 for Windows 7/8/8.1/10 32bit & 64bit.(WHQL)
It is also Windows 10 compatible.

x7007
10-21-2015, 04:46 AM
Any solution to this ? I'm getting this with Asus G751JT Windows 8.1 pro

wootwoots
11-30-2015, 09:28 PM
Still nothing about that ? i also often get the "warning" \Driver\WUDFRd thing ACPI\PNP0A0A\2&daba3ff&0 ..

And since the last win10 1511 got somes BSOD while gaming... that's somehow annoying :/

FantomAU
12-04-2015, 02:52 AM
asus vii hero with intel 4790k - stock speed
cpu temps - 31c
samsung 850 pro ssd
win 10 pro

constantly getting - Critical Structure Corruption crashes

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000109 (0xa3a01f59fe3878cc, 0xb3b72be050b93289, 0x0000000000000001, 0x0000000000000018). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 8e27b8ce-6135-49a0-8a7c-bf442da494c1.

The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device ACPI\PNP0A0A\2&daba3ff&0.

its crashed twice in last 20 mins

wootwoots
12-05-2015, 01:37 AM
Soooo, no way to have asus help about the ACPI\PNP0A0A\2&daba3ff&0 issue ?

raveya
12-05-2015, 09:49 PM
asus vii hero with intel 4790k - stock speed
cpu temps - 31c
samsung 850 pro ssd
win 10 pro

constantly getting - Critical Structure Corruption crashes

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000109 (0xa3a01f59fe3878cc, 0xb3b72be050b93289, 0x0000000000000001, 0x0000000000000018). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 8e27b8ce-6135-49a0-8a7c-bf442da494c1.

The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device ACPI\PNP0A0A\2&daba3ff&0.

its crashed twice in last 20 mins

these EC log i get too... on a Z170 Mainboard from Asus, any fix???

Qwinn
12-10-2015, 12:18 AM
I get them on the Rampage V Extreme too.

I am 99% sure that the Embedded Controller error is caused by AI Suite. I never get it when it's not running. I would guess that the software is communicating with the EC directly, without going through the operating system. The OS overhears it, though, and kicks up the warning. Which would make it pretty harmless. I noted one person said they got it without AI Suite installed, but maybe they had the Probe II driver installed instead. I'm sticking with this theory.

As for:

"The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device ACPI\PNP0A0A\2&daba3ff&0."

It's driving me nuts. I have it now on a completely clean install. I haven't found anything that can get rid of it. I get it whether ASUS Probe II is installed or not, and if AI Suite is installed or not.

Qwinn
12-23-2015, 06:02 PM
Bump. Still really want a solution to this:

"The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device ACPI\PNP0A0A\2&daba3ff&0."

...that doesn't result in just popping up a different error. I'm not running AI Suite so if that opens up some solution, I'd be fine with that.

Note that I'm running on a Rampage V Extreme, so this is certainly not limited to Maximus or Z97 motherboards.

Sparax
12-23-2015, 11:28 PM
Those WUDFRd errors are not ACPI errors. No matter if they point to ACPI\PNP0A0A\2&daba3ff&2. This is just a PNP (Plug and Play) indentifier that points to a device class.

WUDFRd is Windows User Mode Driver Framework. This is a framework for drivers that run in user mode, in contrast to kernel mode that most drivers run as. These are drivers that do not need Ring-0 security layer access for those familiar with technical details. For the rest it's too complicated to explain.

Those errors happen because of bugs in Windows and specifically the Framework itself. WUDFRd is not available when Windows tries to load the driver so you get these errors in the event viewer. Afterwards the driver for the device is loaded normally, if it wasn't then the device that uses WUDFRd would not work (would not be seen by your PC). These errors can be safely ignored untill Microsoft decides to fix those issues. You will usually see these errors when devices that use WUDFRd are connected during boot/reboot. In case of software using a user mode driver, you will see these errors always if the driver get initiated on boot (so yes it's possible to see these errors caused by software BUT again they are harmless)

Qwinn
12-24-2015, 08:39 PM
Okay, fair enough, and thanks for the most detailed response I've seen so far. Based on your explanation I tried to change the Windows Driver Foundation - User-Mode Driver Framework service to automatic start rather than manual (trigger start) in services.msc. However, even though both "Automatic" and "Automatic - Trigger Start" are available as separate options, if you select the former value, it still gets actually set to the latter value. And apparently it's still not enough to get the framework active in time to avoid the error. Is there any way to get rid of the "Trigger Start" portion so that it boots even sooner?

Also, do we know what this device actually does? I agree that it is eventually loading, as I can find "AMDA00 Interface" in device manager under System Devices and it says it's working properly. Still, I like disabling unnecessary services for performance issues, and if it would clear up an error from the event viewer on top of it, that's a bonus. Unfortunately if I uninstall it, windows update turns it right back on.

Sparax
12-26-2015, 11:10 AM
Hi Qwinn

Well I'm not sure why your UMDF is being forced into Automatic - Trigger Start that must be a Windows 10 Issue which i cant help you with as i refuse to use that OS ;p

However my Windows 7 machine runs it as Automatic but it doesn't make any difference i still get the error in the event viewer ;-(

I believe the AMDA00 Interface is part of the AI Suite III and is responsible for communicating with the Bios via 2 Services: ASUS Com Service & ASUS HM Com Service

The ASUS Com Service - Allows Read only access to the bios
And ASUS HM Com Service - Allows Read and Write access to the bios.

Basically there is no way for an end user to fix the WUDFRd error at the moment so we just have to put up with it until Microsoft decides to fix it.
Although as the issue has persisted for at least the last 3 OS iterations from Microsoft i wouldn't hold your breath on a fix any time soon.

Qwinn
12-26-2015, 09:39 PM
Okay, that's fine. I've learned to embrace it, actually, as I realized it gives me a nice harmless indicator in my event log of whenever I have rebooted my system. Actually makes diagnosing other issues a bit easier.

Now if only we could fix the stupid 4 Unistack Service Group errors on every shutdown, and still be able to use the Mail app, I'd be golden!

TheEagle
12-31-2015, 01:26 PM
I think this is one of the Culprit of the Slow boot,Not 100% Sure but i cannot find what is causing slow boot times on SSD of 40+Seconds when normaly it takes 20s 25s Max. Something is Not in sync Correctly.

Sparax
12-31-2015, 02:01 PM
Hi TheEagle

Well it doesn't cause me to slow boot, my boot times are about as you say 20-25 secs.

Try running a boot trace with Xperf to track down what's causing it.

francesco.bruno
01-02-2016, 11:44 AM
Hi Qwinn

Well I'm not sure why your UMDF is being forced into Automatic - Trigger Start that must be a Windows 10 Issue which i cant help you with as i refuse to use that OS ;p

However my Windows 7 machine runs it as Automatic but it doesn't make any difference i still get the error in the event viewer ;-(

I believe the AMDA00 Interface is part of the AI Suite III and is responsible for communicating with the Bios via 2 Services: ASUS Com Service & ASUS HM Com Service

The ASUS Com Service - Allows Read only access to the bios
And ASUS HM Com Service - Allows Read and Write access to the bios.

Basically there is no way for an end user to fix the WUDFRd error at the moment so we just have to put up with it until Microsoft decides to fix it.
Although as the issue has persisted for at least the last 3 OS iterations from Microsoft i wouldn't hold your breath on a fix any time soon.

Frequently, when I get the event:

Source: Kernel-PnP
Event ID: 219
Task Category: (212)

one or two seconds after that, I have:
Source: Eventlog
Event ID: 6008
Task Category: None
The previous system shutdown at date/time was unexpected.

And when this event occurs, the boot process gets locked and I have to switch off and on my PC, sometime a couple of times. Anyone else experiencing this same problem and any solution ?

Thanks a lot in advance

chiXu
01-15-2016, 09:01 PM
Just came across this thread after having a couple of totally unexpected shutdowns, is this responsible?

Sick_G20
02-14-2016, 07:41 PM
I have recently found out I'm having these issues as well. After reading all these threads, basically fast boot is having compatibility issues and not working correctly on some asus boards. I have all the same errors as everyone else. G20aj with gtx760 16g ram 4790 etc.

I set hibernate to never and tuned off fast boot. no more errors. this is why you are seeing unexpected shutdowns. that driver issue is a windows bug. I have read its harmless and just loading to fast, it eventually loads I'm assuming.

Stormwin
03-09-2016, 10:06 AM
j'ai le meme bug que vous mais sur une carte mere z87
Bonjour je sais pas trop si ces deux bug viennent de la mise a jours windows 10
de se 09 mars 2016
mais sur le gestionaire de peripherique
j'ai 2 pilots mal installer
d'ou viens ce bug et comment le resoudres?
=
I have the same goal as you, but on a Z87 motherboard
Hello I do not really know if these bug come from setting a 10-day windows
to March 9, 2016
but on the peripheral of gestionaire
I have 2 pilots hurt install
or come to this bug and how to solve it?
http://img110.xooimage.com/files/c/8/3/2016-mars-bug-windows-10-01-4eb2fe2.jpg (http://terriers.vraiforum.com/image/110/c/8/3/2016-mars-bug-windows-10-01-4eb2fe2.jpg.htm)
http://img110.xooimage.com/files/d/a/2/2016-mars-bug-windows-10-02-4eb2fea.jpg (http://terriers.vraiforum.com/image/110/d/a/2/2016-mars-bug-windows-10-02-4eb2fea.jpg.htm)

mehwat
06-20-2016, 09:37 AM
Hey guys,

I know this thread is really old but I am having the same issues which is causing my PC to reboot randomly. I have the latest BIOS, and all the drivers installed but I still get the Event 219 error on Event Viewer which seems to be causing random reboots.

Is there any fix for this? I have tried all the fixes mentioned in this thread but none of them work.

Thanks

Legolas
06-20-2016, 09:36 PM
Did anyone install the Asus Probe in download folder and see if that fix the problem.