PDA

View Full Version : Is 70c hot for G750JS-TS71 motherboard on load?

kraver0
06-29-2014, 03:12 PM
I just bought this notebook yesterday (brand new):

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=8991768&CatId=17

And it runs great.

CPU temps around 70c load, 40c idle.
GPU temps around 75-80c load, idle I have no clue because it switches to intel hd graphics.

My only concern is my Mobo temperature which idles at 40c and around 70c on load.

This is my very first gaming laptop, so I wasn't sure if that's hot or not.
Thanks!

dblkk
06-29-2014, 09:36 PM

dblkk
06-29-2014, 09:37 PM
while mine are high, they are still not dangerous. Compare these to yours, since you didn't post a screen shot we cant compare. If it looks similar, then your good, If I doesn't, then post a shot of yours so that we can see.

dblkk
06-29-2014, 10:50 PM
I'm the guy that sent you here after your tomshardware forum question. glad you made it.

This forum is by far the best I've ever used. its straight g750, but for specific product forums, its the best.

plus unlike toms, everyone is here to help, not fighting to the death over best answer selected.

if you don't know how to do screen shots. the easiest way, go to the windows 8 metro screen, view all apps, then theres a screen snippet tool, best way/what I do, is right click it, then select pin to taskbar. then when you open it/click on it, when your ready just hit new, select what you want, and then hit save and choose where.

you might know this, might not. I'm just throwing it out in case you didn't and to save you being confused, or posting the question how to then having to wait for a reply/answer

kraver0
06-29-2014, 11:00 PM
while mine are high, they are still not dangerous. Compare these to yours, since you didn't post a screen shot we cant compare. If it looks similar, then your good, If I doesn't, then post a shot of yours so that we can see.

Hi dblkk. Thank you for your reply. I ran a stress test for about 5 minutes using Intel XTU, and these were my results:

CPU @ 40C idle, 86C load
Mobo @ 43C idle, 86C load

My only primary concern was my motherboard's temperatures since a few people at Tom'sHardware (my original post) stated that over 70C is too hot and can kill my capacitors.

If you say that temperatures below 90C are fine, then I guess I don't have anything to worry about since the intensive programs that I run on this notebook doesn't even reach anywhere past 80C.

Again, thank you for your reply and posting pics of your temperatures. It helped me tremendously!

dblkk
06-30-2014, 01:48 AM
Hi dblkk. Thank you for your reply. I ran a stress test for about 5 minutes using Intel XTU, and these were my results:

CPU @ 40C idle, 86C load
Mobo @ 43C idle, 86C load

My only primary concern was my motherboard's temperatures since a few people at Tom'sHardware (my original post) stated that over 70C is too hot and can kill my capacitors.

If you say that temperatures below 90C are fine, then I guess I don't have anything to worry about since the intensive programs that I run on this notebook doesn't even reach anywhere past 80C.

Again, thank you for your reply and posting pics of your temperatures. It helped me tremendously!

no problem. I'd say temps below 90c are great. wish mine were that low. haha. I do major 3d rendering and video editing/rendering, so its kind of like I run full out stress test anytime I do anything.

but for you, you'll probably just be gaming. you should probably see sub 80c CPU as well as gpu temps, which is really good. your fans are quiet, and sometimes you might actually be able to hear them. if while gaming you get 85c on CPU/gpu, that just means its more demanding of a game and totally fine.

plus, if temps do get to high, the laptop does an excellent job at throttling itself so you don't burn anything up. that'll happen at 100c, and its minimal throttling at worst, so don't worry. shouldn't ever happen while gaming.

Akin2Silver
06-30-2014, 04:29 AM
if you are super stressed i would suggest a laptop cooler (Fan stand)
Generally speaking as dblkk said under 90c is fine. most of the components will be rated to 120c.
And been a laptop higher temps then a case are to be expected.

cooler master do some shiny shiny ones :) ( http://www.coolermaster.com/product/Lines/laptops-cooling.html )
But a lot of places sell them.