PDA

View Full Version : Reinstall Windows?

Darnassus
06-30-2014, 08:41 AM
What disc image do I need to re-install Windows? I don't mind where I get it from.. torrent or otherwise.

I DO NOT want a pirated version however.

I want a version which I can use my windows key that I have already.

( I just want to re-install my operating system, I don't want recovery, just a fresh install. )

MeanMachine
06-30-2014, 08:54 AM
Hi Darnassus, I could guide you to a safe Torrent file for W7 64Bit, But you probably want W8.1, there's too many driver issues for me atm in 8.1.

Darnassus
06-30-2014, 09:51 AM
No no that's fine I really don't mind. I can upgrade easily myself as I have already done so.

That'd be perfect. Also instructions to get the right key.. I heard there's some.. "special things" to do.

Darnassus
06-30-2014, 09:52 AM
Also it's quite funny I'm on 8.1 but have no driver issues as of now.

What do you suffer from?

MeanMachine
06-30-2014, 12:06 PM
Also it's quite funny I'm on 8.1 but have no driver issues as of now.

What do you suffer from?

HeHe, I don't have issues with W7, and I've not been convinced to change to 8.1,cause of issues I've read on different Forums.

I'm always slow on the uptake regarding OS. I hate having to re- instal

Quote: That'd be perfect. Also instructions to get the right key.. I heard there's some.. "special things" to do. ???

Darnassus
06-30-2014, 12:19 PM
Oh I didn't notice you said "W7" never mind hehe, I got confused.

I want 8 / 8.1

What ever works with the key in my laptop.

hmscott
06-30-2014, 12:25 PM
What disc image do I need to re-install Windows? I don't mind where I get it from.. torrent or otherwise.
I DO NOT want a pirated version however.
I want a version which I can use my windows key that I have already.
( I just want to re-install my operating system, I don't want recovery, just a fresh install. )

Darnassus, Microsoft will let you build a bootable DVD or flash drive upgrade for Windows 8.1 or 8.0 :)

Upgrade Windows with only a product key
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/upgrade-product-key-only

I am assuming you already have a Windows install on your G750JX for the updater to recognize.

Darnassus
06-30-2014, 02:19 PM
Can't I just download an ISO from somewhere and use that?

How do I extract my key too, by the way?

I want to make sure I have EVERYTHING, otherwise I'm stuck with a laptop with no operating system ';f

My system came with Windows 8.0

Is it possible I'm able to install 8.1 straight from the disc, or do I need to update like I did last time?