PDA

View Full Version : G750JZ series gaming advice (stuttering issue) for all games?

dne0gen
07-01-2014, 02:40 PM
Ok so I see people around here playing AC Black Flag and what-not on high-ultra settings with such a decent framerate, when I myself have an issue playing Gmod at highest settings without it stuttering... What have I done wrong? Because I am sure other people are having this kind of issue as well.
Asus ROG G750 JZ , newest drivers, not overheating, plugged in, High performance mode.

Maxter
07-01-2014, 03:59 PM
Take into consideration theat some people might have OC'ed their laptops. Have you tried previous GPU drivers? check that on high performance you have both minimum and maximum CPU speed at 100% and that the cooling is active (:on the power settings)

dne0gen
07-01-2014, 09:17 PM
I have not tried with older drivers and I'm not sure if I should OC my laptop yet.
The tile has been edited but I'm talking about all PC games in general not only AC Black Flag. I am just looking for an advice for better and smoother FPS gaming. Something other than the usual advices, maybe best nvidia gpu settings or something like that.

Maxter
07-01-2014, 11:05 PM
Usually people use GeForce experience to get those values... I prefer to do it manually (all computers are different). I recommend you google it and start from there... These G750 should run this game all right. In terms of FPS, Black flag is not FPS... do you mean Frames Per Second? or First Person Shooter? If the former, how are you checking them? of the latter, what game are you trying?

CBeTHaX
07-01-2014, 11:26 PM
Are you running it through steam? If not, you should check the application to use external video card, or it will use the integrated and you'll have low fps.

dne0gen
07-02-2014, 08:02 PM
Well I am using nvidia shadowplay "Frames per second" counter. My problem is that I can't really hold a stable FPS neither on AC Black Flag or Watch dogs (for example). I read somewhere that Watch dogs has some issues and is poorly coded ( I may be wrong ).

dne0gen
10-18-2014, 07:33 PM
OK well it has been a while since this thread was last checked but I am bumping it because clearly there is an issue and I would like to resolve it.
We are talking CS:GO and DOTA 2 OMG? Whenever I play (especially CS:GO) i have 60 fps (Which i manually limit otherwise there is mouse lag) but from time to time it drops to 40 for less than a second which results in a very annoying stutter that gets me killed a lot. I have tried it on both max and min video settings, I have tuned the video card from nvidia control panel and yes, it is using the nvidia video card. Old drivers new drivers it is the same. Anything?

GottiBoi55
10-18-2014, 10:38 PM
I'm running the latest GeForce 311.41 Drives, and also use the nVidia GeForce Experience optimizations for the games that are supported.
I have no such problem, I'm playing all games on 'Ultra settings" (The NGE recommended optimized settings), and only using the GPU Tweak program. (My average FPS are 75,and into the 100's)
One question, when you install the latest GeForce drivers, do you do a clean install?

dne0gen
10-19-2014, 12:44 AM
Once I did , once I didn't. I haven't overclocked and like you I also use only GPU Tweak. I have no background apps running except for skype, but I don't really think a background program could be an issue when we are talking about a laptop of this class. I don't know what else to do.

The framerates themselves are good, but the problem is there is a sudden drop that lasts less than a second which makes the stutter. I have no idea how to fix it...

GottiBoi55
10-19-2014, 01:07 AM
Once I did , once I didn't. I haven't overclocked and like you I also use only GPU Tweak. I have no background apps running except for skype, but I don't really think a background program could be an issue when we are talking about a laptop of this class. I don't know what else to do.

The framerates themselves are good, but the problem is there is a sudden drop that lasts less than a second which makes the stutter. I have no idea how to fix it...

Try this, the game (or games) that are causing this issue, go the game folder, and delete the "config file" (where saved games are keeped).
Once you do that, restart windows, then run the game see if that makes a difference.
That will reconfigure the game setting once you start the game.
I had one game (MOHW) that was getting very poor, and I mean very poor performance in the mid to low teens FPS when I first installed it on my JZ, and that fixed the issue for me.
Now I'm running in the 70's to 100's in FPS for MOHW.

dne0gen
10-19-2014, 05:59 PM
Still the same.