PDA

View Full Version : Asus G750JZ panel issue

WinterBlade
07-02-2014, 12:32 AM
Greeting fellow ROG G notebooks owners,

I don't know if this is the right place to post but since it's concerning my G750 i'm just going to shoot straight.
I bought my G750JZ a month ago and recently I started picking some sounds from the panel where my left hand rests, just left of the pad. At first i thought it was nothing but the clicking got worst and it's like the panel is touching something at the other side.The panel under the arrow keys seems solid and is not producing a similar sounds. It's possible that i may be over-concerned and it's the weight of my hand interacting with the panel but i would like to know if any of you has the same problem or at least similar one.

WinterBlade
07-02-2014, 04:58 PM
Any thoughts ,anyone ?? :confused: :confused:

hmscott
07-02-2014, 09:48 PM
Greeting fellow ROG G notebooks owners,

I don't know if this is the right place to post but since it's concerning my G750 i'm just going to shoot straight.
I bought my G750JZ a month ago and recently I started picking some sounds from the panel where my left hand rests, just left of the pad. At first i thought it was nothing but the clicking got worst and it's like the panel is touching something at the other side.The panel under the arrow keys seems solid and is not producing a similar sounds. It's possible that i may be over-concerned and it's the weight of my hand interacting with the panel but i would like to know if any of you has the same problem or at least similar one.

WinterBlade, it's likely the HD making noises, they tend to be noisy drives. You can't stop all the mechanical noise, but you can reduce it with quiethdd, to disable APM.

Put these config lines in the quiethdd.ini file

FirstRun = 0
AC_APM_Value = 255
DC_APM_Value = 255
AC_AAM_Value = 254
DC_AAM_Value = 254
AAMEnabled = 1
APMEnabled = 1

quiethdd download
https://sites.google.com/site/quiethdd/

That is why I try to remove all spinning drives from laptops, and get them into external USB 3.0 enclosures. It is quieter and cooler to have the mechanical drives outside the confined space of the laptop.

WinterBlade
07-06-2014, 08:08 PM
Hmscott , thank you for the reply ,but the problem is not from the HDD , it's from the panel.It's like a clicking sound. I will upload a video showing the problem , and I hope someone can help or at least give an advice.

http://videobam.com/tgEOy

hmscott
07-06-2014, 10:14 PM
Hmscott , thank you for the reply ,but the problem is not from the HDD , it's from the panel.It's like a clicking sound. I will upload a video showing the problem , and I hope someone can help or at least give an advice.

http://videobam.com/tgEOy

WinterBlade, that is weird, the sound is coming from the metal, and not coming out of the speakers? - it sounds pretty loud, like it is amplified.

If you still have time in the return policy of the seller you should return it to the seller asap, it shouldn't be doing that. If you take it in and show them that sound, I am sure they will agree.

WinterBlade
07-06-2014, 10:23 PM
Yes .. It's from the metal panel not the speaker , I think it got loose or something. It doesn't always happen mainly when I rest my hand more freely but it's kinda distracting so .. I don't know. It's been a month now so I doubt the return policy will still be valid , I should probably rely on the warranty or ... :(

hmscott
07-06-2014, 10:43 PM
Yes .. It's from the metal panel not the speaker , I think it got loose or something. It doesn't always happen mainly when I rest my hand more freely but it's kinda distracting so .. I don't know. It's been a month now so I doubt the return policy will still be valid , I should probably rely on the warranty or ... :(

WinterBlade, it depends on your relationship with the seller, if you can take it in and show them and ask them how to proceed, they might let you swap it - bring all your packing and receipt :)

To RMA you can file a Technical Inquiry with Asus, and attach a zip file with your short video clip - or a link if it is too large, and ask Asus how to proceed with the fix/return.

https://vip.asus.com <== register login here, register laptop, file Technical Inquiry

That's a new one WinterBlade, you might consider opening the bottom access panel - after removing power cable and battery, and lightly press on the drive under that panel and see if it is loose, not screwed down all the way. It might be that simple. If not it might be something under the panel on the top side that isn't accessible without taking the top off, which requires pulling the screen to lift the lid - not user serviceable :)