PDA

View Full Version : Cooling Pads for G750 Notebooks?

kraver0
07-03-2014, 04:38 PM
I've searched through forums for the similar question, and people have been stating that Asus G750 notebooks do not need cooling pads nor will it be useful.

I can't find a good and clear description of the G750's cooling system. According to the Asus tech support agent, he said that the vents on the back are not the exhaust. They are speakers. Is this true?
If that's the case, then which part of the notebook is the exhaust? I do feel air blowing out from behind, and I assumed it was coming from the two vents, but they're speakers according to Asus.

He also stated that air intake is located at the bottom of the notebook, which has some vents as well. If that's the case, then why wouldn't a cooling pad work?

Maxter
07-03-2014, 04:50 PM
Here's the link to the thread that answers your question: http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?48735-Extra-Cooling-for-Asus-ROG-laptop&country=&status=
You'll see an awesome diagram by "Darnassus" that explains everything. Still, you don't need a cooling pad.

dne0gen
07-03-2014, 04:51 PM
Lol of course those are vents... The speakers are on the bottom of the monitor?

Darnassus
07-03-2014, 04:54 PM
Lol of course those are vents... The speakers are on the bottom of the monitor?

If you check out the diagram, you'll see the speakers aren't connected to the monitor at all. They're inside the heatsink block (thingy) BEHIND the screen hinge.

Darnassus
07-03-2014, 04:58 PM
Here's the link to the thread that answers your question: http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?48735-Extra-Cooling-for-Asus-ROG-laptop&country=&status=
You'll see an awesome diagram by "Darnassus" that explains everything. Still, you don't need a cooling pad.

;d <3

Forgot to answer your question about the heatsink block cover removal. Just did so in that thread. ;3

kraver0
07-03-2014, 05:06 PM
Hm.. Thank you for this.

I think I'll just purchase a stand to help with the air flow.

Darnassus
07-03-2014, 05:32 PM
Hm.. Thank you for this.

I think I'll just purchase a stand to help with the air flow.

.... ';d Ooookaaay..

Maxter
07-03-2014, 05:55 PM
Check temps while gaming with and without the stand. You'll be pretty amazed at how the temperatures stay low (specially for the GPU!) without anthing (even on your lap)

Ddee711
07-04-2014, 04:06 PM
My G75 is hot for the first time in a year. I am unsure what might be causing it. Cleaning has been performed. I may need to remove the fan screens ? any help is appreciated.