PDA

View Full Version : G56 back cover easily dented, be careful!

xdon82
07-03-2014, 05:34 PM
..and happened

dent in my back cover . I dropped pliers on my closed laptop and now, there is very bad dent

The new cover in service costs a lot...
Be careful :) it looks nice, but it's very easy to damage

I cantt try to repair it myself becase I will lose warranty

generally I'm angry at myself...but I think many people will have this problem. This very thin cover based on alluminium is too "sensitive" to external forces

Prostar Computer
07-04-2014, 12:25 AM
You think many people will drop pliers on their laptop? :p

All joking aside, I'm sorry to hear about that. When you spend a lot of money on a machine, a lot is expected from it. The construction quality on laptops can only endure so much, regardless of the material.

Darnassus
07-04-2014, 02:17 AM
You think many people will drop pliers on their laptop? :p

All joking aside, I'm sorry to hear about that. When you spend a lot of money on a machine, a lot is expected from it. The construction quality on laptops can only endure so much, regardless of the material.

I've dropped pliers onto mine TWICE, Prostar. ;d

Long Nose ones, too. :'c

Darnassus
07-04-2014, 09:26 AM
It fell off my bed since I have my compy on the ground, dummy. >xc

xdon82
07-04-2014, 09:52 AM
I dropped many times something on my previous laptops - more often external power supply ...and plastic material more often could bear it.. this is alluminum... I had already a very very little dent one week after I bought this new laptop I accidently dropped plug of the powwer suply while I was packing, hurrying

this is alluminium..every time you hit it [not strong] every once you get a little dent

By the way I'm now oversensitive after it happened :) I can hear now something like "going"electric current inside main chassis [not lcd]...it's very quiet, but when I put my head very close the chassis I hear kinda loudly

is it normal ? :)

It fell off my bed since I have my compy on the ground, dummy. >xc

Darnassus: You keep your tools in the bed :P ?

Darnassus
07-04-2014, 10:01 AM
Worst thing I've done is as I was pulling out a USB mouse, I pulled the cord with me as I got up to leave and it lashed against the screen, leaving a big black blotch on the LCD. :'c

..... thankfully it was on a school computer in year 8. ;3

Darnassus
07-04-2014, 12:15 PM
Darnassus: You keep your tools in the bed :P ?

Yes :'c .. I love my tools..