PDA

View Full Version : Fresh install, NOT with Asus BLOATware...

kaltoreth
07-03-2014, 09:10 PM
Ahoy, ya weird walkin' wollies.

Id like to reinstall my G750 JM with a fresh Windows 8.1 .. But i refuse to use the reovery partition stuff .. Id like a fresh intall without the bloatware.. So a fresh install, pure Windows ...

Where can I get a genuine windows 8.1 and install ? With UEFI my key/serial is embedded .. so :)

Hope I made myself understandable .. English is not my strong side hehe ..

kaltoreth
07-03-2014, 09:13 PM
Sorry, meant where can i download a real windows 8.1 "dvd" wtih I can use the embedded serial in my UEFI :)

(WTB better grammar / english)

Detection
07-03-2014, 09:17 PM
You could try this
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows-8/upgrade-product-key-only

But you'll need to know your product key

Otherwise, check out MyDigitalLife forums for a genuine ISO

Gericop
07-03-2014, 10:08 PM
How about PC Settings -> Update and recovery -> Recovery -> "Remove everything and reinstall Windows"? (o press WIN + Q and type Recovery options) I don't know if it's gonna remove all the bloatware, but you could give it a shot. (NOTE that it does remove all your files as well, so be careful and create backup!)

Darnassus
07-04-2014, 02:21 AM
You could try this
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows-8/upgrade-product-key-only

But you'll need to know your product key

Otherwise, check out MyDigitalLife forums for a genuine ISO

Can't you link it? x'{

I've been trying to pull this answer for ages, yet it's never simple.

We need something of:

1: Download location of ISO

2: How to burn it properly onto a disc

3: How to grab your product key

4: Ensure if it works for 8 or 8.1

5: ???

6: Bumble Bee

7: Profit.

Maxter
07-04-2014, 04:53 AM
There is not really that much bloatware with the G750... nothing that the uninstall cannot do (I think I only uninstalled a couple programs only). G750 comes pretty clean (at least the JW)

Darnassus
07-04-2014, 09:15 AM
There is not really that much bloatware with the G750... nothing that the uninstall cannot do (I think I only uninstalled a couple programs only). G750 comes pretty clean (at least the JW)

The G750 has an SSD (unless he doesn't have one) making it practically negligible if the unit has bloatware or not..

But the thing is.... who the hellfire needs;

Asus; Screen Saver, Gaming Mouse, WebStorage, Vibe, DVD and so on and so forth..

There was other stuff I dropped too, I can't remember what it was.. I think Norton came on my machine. ':f

There's probably lots of other junk in here that we don't need.. or have a better alternative program. This is a gaming unit after-all.. and it's most likely the user purchasing it knows what stuff like Daemon Tools and VLC is..

At least there's no annoying help client like HP Total Care..

kaltoreth
07-04-2014, 05:17 PM
Yeah - I reccon the bloatware dont really do anything to performance or what not.

But I've always been a bit nerdy when it comes to what I want installed on my computer. A fresh install gives you full control. And even tho uninstalling something removes the program, stuff still lingers in registry etc :)

Im gonna try the reinstall option via windows later today, ill get back to ya'll if it works as theorized.

kaltoreth
07-04-2014, 07:04 PM
Bleh - No go. Trying to reinstall via Windows it claims im missing files, that are in the recovery media or on the Windows 8.1 media (dvd).

Detection
07-04-2014, 10:11 PM
Bleh - No go. Trying to reinstall via Windows it claims im missing files, that are in the recovery media or on the Windows 8.1 media (dvd).

Could have found it with a quick google
http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/47732-The-Windows-8-1-(-amp-related)-Repository?p=799068&viewfull=1#post799068

LeonardoTan
07-04-2014, 10:15 PM
I have more simpler solution for you,

1. Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
(If you're using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)

2. Tap or click Update and recovery, and then tap or click Recovery.

3. Under Remove everything and reinstall Windows, tap or click Get started.

Follow the instructions on the screen.

Note

You'll be asked to choose whether you want to erase data quickly or thoroughly. Choose thoroughly, this means you have to install all the drivers again and basically means pure windows 8.1 and no ASUS bloatware.

LeonardoTan
07-04-2014, 10:18 PM
How about PC Settings -> Update and recovery -> Recovery -> "Remove everything and reinstall Windows"? (o press WIN + Q and type Recovery options) I don't know if it's gonna remove all the bloatware, but you could give it a shot. (NOTE that it does remove all your files as well, so be careful and create backup!) Agree with this also.

Danger
07-05-2014, 07:13 AM
Hi,

Which Windows 8.1 do i need vor a Asus GL550JK?

There are so many different Windows8.1 Versions, Windows 8.1, Windows 8.1 Pro, Windows 8.1 Enterprise, Windows RT 8.1...so please, which Version i need for an completely re-install in this Notebook: http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00KD4JQKI/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_1?pf_rd_p=479289147&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B00KQK8N4O&pf_rd_m=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF&pf_rd_r=0633W70RXDBCJTHP623Z

LeonardoTan
07-05-2014, 11:48 AM
Hi,

Which Windows 8.1 do i need vor a Asus GL550JK?

There are so many different Windows8.1 Versions, Windows 8.1, Windows 8.1 Pro, Windows 8.1 Enterprise, Windows RT 8.1...so please, which Version i need for an completely re-install in this Notebook: http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00KD4JQKI/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_1?pf_rd_p=479289147&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B00KQK8N4O&pf_rd_m=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF&pf_rd_r=0633W70RXDBCJTHP623Z

why you want to buy a cd only for reinstalling win8.1?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/restore-refresh-reset-pc follow the instruction on reinstalling windows very easy and simple

kaltoreth
07-05-2014, 01:09 PM
When I tried that, i got "Some files are missing. Insert install medium ...bla bla"

Danger
07-05-2014, 02:03 PM
why you want to buy a cd only for reinstalling win8.1?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/restore-refresh-reset-pc follow the instruction on reinstalling windows very easy and simple

Nah, dont buy..i download it from a Torrent Tracker. The CD Key is in the Bios, so i only need a Windows 8.1 DVD for re-installing.

LeonardoTan
07-05-2014, 07:01 PM
When I tried that, i got "Some files are missing. Insert install medium ...bla bla"
that is exactly what happend to me after I change my HDD to SSD using Samsung migration software, then I use my backtracker recovery image because when I try to install windows it happened just like you, so after I used my backtracker it works!! I swear man, I just want to help you, seriously that is exactly what happened to me.

Follow this step:
1. Boot using ASUS Backtracker Recovery Image
2. Do this http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/restore-refresh-reset-pc again

kaltoreth
07-05-2014, 07:13 PM
Ah - This sounds like what I did. I used backtracker to reinstall the premade image onto my 256gb ssd disk.

So, "reinstall windows" via the backtracker, get the "How it looked when i turned it on for the first time" Windows with bloatware and all, and THEN do the windows reinstall thingy via pc-settings.

If you say "Yeah bruh, thats what I mean" - Ill do it later :)

Darnassus
07-05-2014, 07:34 PM
Why is it so hard to just download an ISO, burn it to a disc, shove it in the tray, put in your key and install Windows 8.1?

That's what I did with Win7. I mean seriously..

My key should be on the damned sticker on the back of the laptop, too. Not embedded in this EFI thing or what ever that's hidden on my C drive.

I shouldn't have to have 5 partitions on my C drive anyway, I just want the C drive itself and the 100mb logic/whatever that's created for all the system junk.

Really need a step by step guide to just get the ISO, get the product key, install Win 8.1 no problems

And not through a stupid client like Microsoft where it always says "Can't connect right now sorry"

gazzacbr
07-08-2014, 09:38 AM
having the key embedded in the bios/efi is a good thing...
for Microsoft anyway.
you buy a laptop that can only run the one windows that it came with and if you have problems, well, just reinstall from recovery and lose everything youve done.
but in the real world its pants.
i formatted my disc the second day i had it after windows refused to restart and did not find the recovery partition.
2 days later i disabled efi and reformatted my disk back to old mbr.
i have clean installed windows 8 SL version (automatically picking up the product key) and upgraded to 8.1.
i have not had any regrets.
now my life is easy and windows lives happily with the other 6 os's and 2 ssd's in 12 partitions on my laptop.