PDA

View Full Version : Folding @ Home not working??

Pepperami
07-06-2014, 07:39 PM
Hey guys

Wanted to use my G750 JX in its down time for folding at home, installed it, but it refuses to work??

Program loads ok, but it will not move from the Amber circle when the WEB CONTROL page is showing , doesnt fold at all?

I've tried setting it on IDLE and so it folds when the G750 is being used, but nothing, doesn't seem to receive the information to start the process

anyone have an clues as to why? Works fine on the home PC but not this??

hmscott
07-06-2014, 10:33 PM
Hey guys
Wanted to use my G750 JX in its down time for folding at home, installed it, but it refuses to work??
Program loads ok, but it will not move from the Amber circle when the WEB CONTROL page is showing , doesnt fold at all?
I've tried setting it on IDLE and so it folds when the G750 is being used, but nothing, doesn't seem to receive the information to start the process
anyone have an clues as to why? Works fine on the home PC but not this??

Pepperami, it looks like a bug/config error for using Web Control, but Advanced Control and Viewer works fine.

I downloaded and installed Fah fresh just now, and the Web Control times out, even after starting and running, and accessible with Advanced Control - you can get at Advanced Control from the systray icon for FAH - right click and select Advanced Control - then click on Viewer Button to get World View.

I could hear the fan's kick up, and Windows Task Manager shows the FAH process running, but the Web Control times out. Could be a bug in the new release, you could report it to them - debug it if you like first :)

When I installed FAH, I set it to Manual (expert), which lets you start it when you want - not at Windows boot - and I didn't enable Screensaver - you could do the same to get better control over running FAH - you would uninstall and install it fresh again.

It turns out FAH Web Control was being blocked by noscript. Once I allowed exceptions for ABE System/User the access works.

The port URL to access FAH is: http://localhost:7396/

I got an exception from noscript and Clicked Disable for both exceptions, the refreshed and got connected:

Pepperami
07-07-2014, 08:21 AM
Ahhhh nice one ;)

I just did a fresh install and followed your stuff and its working :)

Thank You :)

Pepperami
07-07-2014, 08:22 AM
BTW if your not folding for a team, please join mine :)

hmscott
07-07-2014, 08:35 AM
BTW if your not folding for a team, please join mine :)

Pepperami, I actually have a contributor id :)