PDA

View Full Version : [g55vw] Bios options missing after warranty service. Preloaded w/ Win8.

the_dmx
07-07-2014, 01:27 PM
Sent my laptop in for warranty repair now bios is missing the secure boot options . This laptop was preloaded with windows 8 the sticker on the bottom confirms this. The bios version is 217 yet has low res Intel and Rog logos. How can I get these options back?

cl-Albert
07-07-2014, 05:14 PM
Did you send back your notebook in March 2014 and does your invoice show you are still under warranty?

I believe I found your last RMA by searching your name, but it looks like your motherboard was replaced and unfortunately the repair office may not have enabled the secure boot/launch CSM bios settings, so it would likely need to be sent back again.

Not sure if you will be able to send me a PM at cl-Albert yet, but if you do end up sending it back again, let me know (update this thread if necessary?) and I'll try to ask the repair office to keep an eye on it.
Otherwise, if you include a note, hopefully repair will understand the problem.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

the_dmx
07-09-2014, 05:11 PM
Yeah I sent it in march. Im not able to send PMs yet i believe that warranty is out is this now a lost cause? I dont really want to pay for someones mistake either.
-edit that sounded more negative than I intended. I just mean I'm not going to bother if I have to pay for both shipping and repairs.

cl-Albert
07-09-2014, 08:13 PM
If you are located in the U.S. and don't mind sending back the system again soon, suggest checking with Jolene at cl-jolene@asus.com to see if there is anything more she can do on her end for this and please provide your last RMA number as well.
You might want to tell me when you send the email or get a reply and I may try to discuss her too.

Otherwise, I don't usually get involved with RMAs directly, but you may be able to send PMs now that you have 5 posts, so if Jolene is not able to help, send me a PM at cl-Albert to discuss more if you're interested.

the_dmx
07-09-2014, 08:14 PM
I really appreciate it.

cl-Albert
07-09-2014, 09:52 PM
Want to apologize again for the problems and hope we can get this taken care of quickly for you.
Since there is the complication with warranty though, please let me know if you run into any problems to solve it.
Thanks.