PDA

View Full Version : ASUS G750JX just turns off.

Geek Shogunat
07-08-2014, 12:20 AM
Hi guys.

I've been having a issue these days. My G750 turns off out of nowhere at 2-5 minutes of gameplay the first time it is turned on.

I mean : I turn the lap on, open league of legends, by the min 5 of league the pc just shuts down (This happens in every game).

Fans are working i dont know of its couse the temps cuz i cant check temps when the lap goess off (Really, lol).

I've Win8.1 Ent x64.

Thanks.

Gericop
07-08-2014, 12:56 AM
Where is your laptop sitting? Is it on a desk? Does it have enough distance from the wall behind it? What power plan do you use?

Geek Shogunat
07-08-2014, 03:26 AM
Where is your laptop sitting? Is it on a desk? Does it have enough distance from the wall behind it? What power plan do you use?

Wood Desk.
Like 50 cm distance from the wall.
When Playing High Performance if not Balanced.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tried to do a W8.1 fresh install and when I disable the secure boot option the laptop goes off every 2-3 seconds. I finished up enabling it and can't do my fresh install :( (That was like at 10:15 pm GMT-6)

So I guess im in troubles :/

Geek Shogunat
07-08-2014, 03:44 AM
So, the laptop went off while playing Shogun 2: Total War. I decided to capture the temps and I get these...

I kinda amazed. 84C

Jaitsu
07-08-2014, 10:36 AM
How quickly is it ramping up to those temps? It sounds to me like one of your heat sinks might have shaken loose, or at the very least, it's not conducting heat properly. The fan can be spinning, but without a heat sink properly conducting the heat into the path of the airflow, it doesn't accomplish much. 84 C after a few minutes of gaming is definitely cause for concern. I don't know what the differences in normal temps are between your JX and my JM, but my JM only gets up to the mid-60s during very intensive gaming, and that's after around an hour.