PDA

View Full Version : G750JW headphone jack creaks when headphone is inserted?

ProKimKor
07-08-2014, 10:08 PM
Hi so about less then three weeks ago i got a new laptop from FRY's. After about a week of using it i started noticying a creaking noise whenever i inserted my headset jack into it and whenever i touch the end piece of my headset it creaks. Is this common or a defect that i should get checked and returned? Thank you.

Asus-G750
07-08-2014, 11:06 PM
As long as you hear something while plugging it in then there's nothing to worry about, happens practically on any device.

If there was a constant noise after you have already plugged something in then that wouldn't be right.

Maxter
07-08-2014, 11:25 PM
the creak is it a physical noise you hear while inserting the jack? or is it a digital sound creak coming from the headset? Take into mind, that if it is the former, the jack inserts and activates a "holding" mechanism (which here is a lot stronger than your typical cellphone jack). If it is the latter, then if updating to the later drivers doesn't help, there might be an issue with the built-in amplifier.

Darnassus
07-09-2014, 10:03 AM
You talking about "creaks" that're made from the case..

Or..

"crackles" that's made through the speakers?

The audio / microphone jacks are on their own circuitry board, plugged into the motherboard, which is why they're so wobbly and can move. If it's a "creak" it's because it's able to shift in the case.. it's 100% normal.

xdon82
07-09-2014, 11:23 AM
I tell you where is the problem. Problem is in the jack plug and the port. This is the worst solution it could be. I know this is standard...but no jack will survive for a long time. only wireless or different cable with better plug/ports..Some day in future it should be changed......