PDA

View Full Version : Questions around my G750jz

Swiffer67
07-09-2014, 04:16 PM
Hello all,

first I hope my english will be good enough :). I'm a french daddy geek, but from mw C64 to my g750 it seems that I lost mw expertise somewhere, so I need your help my friends !
I still playing when kids are sleeping, work finished and wife happy.... This should reprensent mmm 5 min a day. In this time I play Wildstar. Recently even at low setting I didn't manage to get more than 20 ips...
I started to gather infos around the forum, and decided to first check tha my laptop itself is working well. I installed GPU tweak, and did a realbench test from my SSD drive. I got something like 55,2XX without any overclocking.
In the result sheet, where I see the general rankings with you all guys, under "CPU frequency" I'm the only one having 900mHz, where all of you in the three first ranking pages have 3,000+/-mHz.
[warning noob question] I know that I can change some of the GPU setting throug GPU tweak, but did I miss something about the CPU that all off you did ??
Thanks a lot for your help !

Nicolas

hmscott
07-09-2014, 04:59 PM
Hello all,
first I hope my english will be good enough :). I'm a french daddy geek, but from mw C64 to my g750 it seems that I lost mw expertise somewhere, so I need your help my friends !
I still playing when kids are sleeping, work finished and wife happy.... This should reprensent mmm 5 min a day. In this time I play Wildstar. Recently even at low setting I didn't manage to get more than 20 ips...
I started to gather infos around the forum, and decided to first check tha my laptop itself is working well. I installed GPU tweak, and did a realbench test from my SSD drive. I got something like 55,2XX without any overclocking.
In the result sheet, where I see the general rankings with you all guys, under "CPU frequency" I'm the only one having 900mHz, where all of you in the three first ranking pages have 3,000+/-mHz.
[warning noob question] I know that I can change some of the GPU setting throug GPU tweak, but did I miss something about the CPU that all off you did ??
Thanks a lot for your help !
Nicolas

Swiffer67, you are probably on a Power Saver or Balanced Power Plan - if you still have Power4Gear installed you might be on a P4G plan - they run the CPU at the slowest speed necessary and only increase speed as CPU load increases - and for some reason Realbench takes it's CPU speed reading during a time when the CPU isn't fully loaded so it only shows the idle speed.

If you switch to the High Performance Power plan the CPU will run at 100%/100% all the time. I use the High Performance Power plan for benchmarking, and the Balanced plan for everyday use.

If you go into the Advanced Power Options, you can set the CPU Min/Max speed for AC and Battery as you like.

I set my Balanced Plan on AC to 0%/100% so it will drop the speed down all the way at idle, but at higher demand will run the CPU at full Turbo speeds. On Battery I limit the top speed to 99% which disables Turbo speed.

Like this:

I also recommend uninstalling Power4Gear as it interferes with setting and keeping Custom Power Plan settings active.

P4G overrides manually setting your own favorite power plan. I set Balanced Power plan as default and when I switch between battery and AC and back P4G will set one of it's own power plans as Active, overriding my custom settings.

With P4G you have to manually go into the power plan settings and re-set the power plan every time you change from AC to battery and back.

Uninstalling Power4Gear doesn't take away functionality, you use the Windows Power Plans instead.

Have fun :)

Swiffer67
07-09-2014, 05:03 PM
Hi Scott,
Thanks a lot ! I'll try to set it up like this ! This sounds good !