PDA

View Full Version : G75VW Repeated SSHD failures

aworzala
07-10-2014, 02:04 AM
I have a G75VW purchased from the Windows Store over a year ago. A few months after I got it, it stopped booting into Windows, instead asking for bootable media. RMA --> new seagate 1tb SSHD --> working perfectly. Shortly after a year, the same thing happened again. I replaced the drive and it was perfect again for a few months... then the problem happened again. I replaced the drive (it was warrantied so Seagate sent me a replacement) and it's been working for the past two weeks. About an hour ago the computer blue screened and restarted with the same message. Again. For the fourth time. I've never flashed the BIOS or messed with anything I ought not to.

I searched but didn't see another thread addressing this. Am I the first, or does anyone out there know what might be the problem?

Thanks!

Clintlgm
07-10-2014, 08:37 PM
Well I would run a hard drive diagnostics tool to see if in fact your hard drive is failing. Mechanical hard drive failures are common you can download the tool from Seagate's web site. If the drive test out ok, you'll need to look in to your connector you could have a motherboard issue. You can safely update your BIOS/UEFI to 210 with out issues as long as you use the Ezflash in the BIOS its self to do the upgrade. Do Not Attempt to upgrade your BIOS with WinFlash