PDA

View Full Version : Gaps on the right side of my G750?

kraver0
07-11-2014, 03:38 AM
On the right side and next to the keyboard on the G750, there is a little gap between the outer lining and the surface.

I'm not too sure how to explain this. Like, on the left side, the outer lining and the surface is completely flat and even. Whereas, on the right side, the surface is a little bit more elevated than the outer lining..

... This is not normal, is it? -Sigh-

kraver0
07-11-2014, 03:52 AM

Here's a pic of the right side.

kraver0
07-11-2014, 03:52 AM
I'm not sure why it's flipped when it shouldn't be.

Anyhow, you can see the gap.

I should also mention that I did NOT drop this laptop nor drop anything on it. It's nearly 1 week old, and it's been sitting at one spot within that week.

Furthermore, I only noticed this gap today. It could've been there on the day I got it.

CarstenROG
07-11-2014, 08:50 AM
This is a build mistake, maybe you can try to push it downwards at it's place? send it back where you bought it?

kraver0
07-11-2014, 11:16 AM
This is a build mistake, maybe you can try to push it downwards at it's place? send it back where you bought it?

Lol yeah. It won't even budge.

When I apply force to it, it literally will not even move. It stays completely still.

kraver0
07-11-2014, 01:32 PM

More pics.

Hmm.. I do apologize for position of the pictures. I'm not sure why that's happening.

Based on these pics, what I'm thinking is the cap that covers around the ports is bending a bit.

Should I be concerned about this? It's a very little gap, and my computer runs fine. Just don't want to end up with more problems in the future because of this gap.

Darnassus
07-11-2014, 01:57 PM
My whole plate is wonky too. It's just a weird build and the mould didn't go right.

With mine, I had to get a bit of plain paper and rub it along the surface to shave it back a little, since on the left side it was too deep and the outer casing was hurting my wrist. On the right side it's too high. It's really silly.. ;x

kraver0
07-11-2014, 10:05 PM
My whole plate is wonky too. It's just a weird build and the mould didn't go right.

With mine, I had to get a bit of plain paper and rub it along the surface to shave it back a little, since on the left side it was too deep and the outer casing was hurting my wrist. On the right side it's too high. It's really silly.. ;x

Oh, I see.

Should I be concerned about this enough that I should return it?

It's not that I'm concerned about the way it looks. I don't have OCD or anything. It's just that I'm worried if this gap will accumulate more dust underneath the surface. That won't be good.. :(

Darnassus
07-12-2014, 03:52 AM
Umm.. under there is the board and daughterboard ( I think connecting the RJ ) so it should be fine. I mean.. you could fill it with something if you wanted.. though I don't think it'd be much of a problem.

It's just bad fitting. Although I must admit, such a gap would make me pretty angry.

kraver0
07-12-2014, 11:41 AM
Umm.. under there is the board and daughterboard ( I think connecting the RJ ) so it should be fine. I mean.. you could fill it with something if you wanted.. though I don't think it'd be much of a problem.

It's just bad fitting. Although I must admit, such a gap would make me pretty angry.

Yes, I know the board is underneath the keyboard surface. Furthermore, the right intake fan is located right near the gap.
Therefore, wouldn't dust accumulate quicker? That's my concern.

Yesterday was my last day to get an exchange.. So, I really hope this doesn't become a problem..