PDA

View Full Version : ASUS ROG G750JZ idle temps and fan speed/noise comparison/concerns

Arkantos1695
07-11-2014, 02:46 PM
I just bough the G750jz and I am observing that idle temperature of the integrated Intel GPU to be around 43C when during light browsing or low load. The idle temperature of the CPU is around 40C. However I notice that CPU fan fluctuates periodically (1-2mins) around 2200rpm to 2300rpm to 2400rpm under low load when browsing. This causes the fan to become quite audible when silent is prevalent through my surrounding. To the proud owners of JZ, Do you faces the same issue? Is this normal for g750 high end laptops and if not then should i be concern as to get a replacement. Also are my idle temperature normal? If you can offer your wise input, I would appreciate it. Thank you.

jugo00
07-11-2014, 05:49 PM
My cpu is ~43C at this moment
my gpu (geforce) 47C
i'm using firefox with 3 tabs opened and my fan speed is 2300 now. I guess it's quite normal ;)

dblkk
07-11-2014, 06:30 PM
From everything ive read and all user forums, that is normal. And really good compared to all the other gaming laptop offerings. My new msi gt70, idles around 44c and fans 1900rpm. While that fan is lower rpm, its also a single larger fan, vs the smaller cpu fan of the asus.

One thing you can do which might help the cpu out (heat/fan wise), set chrome (or whatever browser your using) to use the NVidia graphics. This will take that load off the intel gpu, and onto the NVidia gpu. Kind of equaling the load, so cpu load/heat/fans will be lower, and since its just running a browser the NVidia gpu heat/load/fans will almost be idle as well.

Arkantos1695
07-12-2014, 03:29 AM
thank you for your reply.

M6453
07-14-2014, 11:05 PM
Just picked mine up last Friday; I'm sitting at 41C at the moment (only running Chrome and Intel XTU to monitor the temperature), and with Chrome set to run off of the 880M it's sitting at 40C. I have been getting a bit antsy since I've noticed that my CPU fan doesn't seem to turn off much. When it does finally turn off it seems to come back on pretty soon.

On the plus side I see a definite correlation between CPU load and temperature (almost linear) so I've got that going for me...