PDA

View Full Version : How long would a gaming notebook last you?

genesis42
07-14-2014, 05:01 AM
How long would a ROG laptop last you?
I currently have an ASUS G53JW-3DE which I got in 2011. Surprisingly, its still able to run the newer games but I have to turn the settings down...

How long do you guys keep your gaming laptops?
This is my first one, and I can see myself stretching it out until 2014.

Im just curious about how future-proof these can be.

xdon82
07-14-2014, 07:36 AM
the future is graphene :) - this will solve 99% of problems

Maxter
07-15-2014, 12:18 AM
How long would a ROG laptop last you?
I currently have an ASUS G53JW-3DE which I got in 2011. Surprisingly, its still able to run the newer games but I have to turn the settings down...

How long do you guys keep your gaming laptops?
This is my first one, and I can see myself stretching it out until 2014.

Im just curious about how future-proof these can be.

My first ROG G1S I got on August 2007. Lasted until it died August 2013 (MoBo burned). Was still able to play all games I was interested on (All Crysis, Farcry, LoL, COH, etc...). I think the G750 (whatever version) should last 5 years minimum in terms of gaming.

grungeboy
07-15-2014, 02:54 PM
I'm still using my g51vx. I added a iMac CPU and a 240gb ssd.

Runs some games maxxed, some not. Batman arkham city runs on very high preset, with ambient occlusion off. Bought tomb raider, runs in high settings. Battlefield 3 runs decent.

Games like fallout 3 and NV run maxxed. Mafia 2 runs maxxed.

I had to replace the board a few months back. That sucked. But I decided to replace it so that I could still use the laptop instead of replacing it. I'm going to wait and see if I can hold out for the gtx960m.

I may build another system. I built a nice Asus/Intel based system for my son this past week. Picked up a super combo deal off newegg. 3ghz has well dual core/ 4gb ram/ 1tb hard drive/ DVD burner/ case/ board/ power supply, all shipped for $270. Now he's set up for some ram and a video card for Christmas, maybe a i7 down the road.

Wr3ckloose
07-15-2014, 08:45 PM
i got a JZ and i predict that this will last, if something doesn't fry or fail first, for at least this generation and part of the next. you know, because consoles kinda dictate whats going on in gaming now and those game systems are only half as powerful as an 880m gpu, if not less.

MatsGlobetrotter
07-15-2014, 09:05 PM
2 years. After which the Fan goes belly up or battery overheat. That is IF i keep it clean with cc cleaner or someother cleanup software and if I dont upgrade to the latest OS and control which updates are being done.