PDA

View Full Version : G750 Key Failed-W key not returning

IdahoRenegade
07-14-2014, 06:31 AM
I just bought a G750 this past January. My W key is not returning to the up position. It doesn't feel "sticky", just like the elastomeric switch membrane is worn out/failed. I'm assuming I can return it under warranty, but don't want to be without a machine while repairs are done. So, is this a common failure, and can I order the part and replace it myself? Or does Asus farm out any repairs to local shops? That might beat a long delay on a warranty return.

Thanks all, love the machine otherwise.

broadleaf
07-14-2014, 11:56 AM
my S key just fell off on first day, so consider yourself lucky

cl-Albert
07-14-2014, 06:56 PM
I just bought a G750 this past January. My W key is not returning to the up position. It doesn't feel "sticky", just like the elastomeric switch membrane is worn out/failed. I'm assuming I can return it under warranty, but don't want to be without a machine while repairs are done. So, is this a common failure, and can I order the part and replace it myself? Or does Asus farm out any repairs to local shops? That might beat a long delay on a warranty return.

Thanks all, love the machine otherwise.

Glad to hear you are enjoying the machine otherwise.

Anyway, if you didn't already know, contact your local ASUS support through the page below to find out what options they can offer and please have your notebook serial number as well as place of purchase ready.

http://support.asus.com/Hotlines.aspx?SLanguage=en

If you're interested, you may want to tell us where you are located and where you purchased the notebook to hopefully get more feedback from other members since it may make some difference in the service policy.