PDA

View Full Version : Sudden freezes

Wolvenworks
07-15-2014, 04:55 AM
As the title says, I keep on having random freezes whenever i leave my computer idle (not all the time) or when i play online (20% of my online gaming is staring at my frozen screen while crying deep inside with frustration). I'm preety positive it's not the internet since i've changed the router and modem, so I'm suspecting something's wrong with the hardware. Any chance this kinda stuff is fixable?

Btw my comp: G750JX. It had gotten into a frustrating startup loop error before so i took the chance to upgrade and had the main drive changed to a new 1TB with new drive.

MeanMachine
07-15-2014, 06:09 AM
You will get more help in the G750 Forum Section if you start a thread there. and list full system specs.

HiVizMan
07-15-2014, 10:04 AM
Moved for you.

Maxter
07-15-2014, 07:38 PM
I think the first step is to see what is causing the freezing... could be plain internet issues, CPU, GPU, hard drive, etc. What Windows do you have? When it freezes, does it happen only in-game? or also within the Windows environment? If the former, what are your WiFi drivers and GPU drivers? If the latter, open the task manager, and check which process is using CPU time at 100%.

Prostar Computer
07-15-2014, 10:58 PM
Intermittent lock ups can be almost anything. You can run diagnostic software for the CPU, hard drive, and memory. There is free software that will test each of those, although there's no guarantee that the software will pick up anything. The worst case scenario is that the motherboard has an issue.