PDA

View Full Version : ASUS G750JX acting weird. (Suddenly turns off)

Geek Shogunat
07-17-2014, 01:38 AM
Hi guys this is Ivn.

Recently my laptop after 5 minutes of gameplay automatically turns off with no advise. This happens just the first time I use it on the day, when that happens I go to Hwmonitor and see some awesome 80C++ which means that before it turned off it was like 90C.

The question is:
Why does this happens?
Why after I turn on the laptop again after the shutdown I can barely reach 77C? (CPU, GPU working fine)

I'm on a wood desk, the laptop is like 50 cm close to the wall, the zone I live is a "cold" one (Max 24C, Min -6C). This started to happens recently and I don't know what to do...

Thanks for the help.
Greetings from Mxico!

If more info is requiered just ask for it!

tru.kirby
07-17-2014, 02:08 AM
I can't tell you why it was overheating, obviously something went wrong (most likely with the GPU tweak) but from what I've experienced, the machine turning itself off when it overheats is normal and designed to save your hardware.

Darnassus
07-17-2014, 02:13 AM
77*C at idle temp? That's so wrong..

Can you check if your fans are blowing?

Geek Shogunat
07-17-2014, 03:48 AM
I can't tell you why it was overheating, obviously something went wrong (most likely with the GPU tweak) but from what I've experienced, the machine turning itself off when it overheats is normal and designed to save your hardware.

Now that you say it it may be GPU Tweak (Which i found no guilty because the one overheating is the CPU, but I will try). And yeah thats a cool stuff that the pc shutsdown to save your hardware.

77*C at idle temp? That's so wrong..

Can you check if your fans are blowing?

That temp is in High Performance Power Plan (77C is from when the pc shutsdown and I turn it on as soon as possible) My normal idle temps are around 45C.
And yeah my fans are blowing I can hear them, believe me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The problem here is:

Why does the temps get so high the first time I turn the machine on?
Why the machine doesn't get overheated once I turn it on again?

This just happens when I use it for gaming if I'm on the web or something like that, nothing happens.

tru.kirby
07-17-2014, 04:06 AM
Did you update anything? (applied update after restart). Maybe just got unlucky on your first boot. Sounds like it may be connected to the turbo boost function.

Geek Shogunat
07-17-2014, 01:50 PM
Did you update anything? (applied update after restart). Maybe just got unlucky on your first boot. Sounds like it may be connected to the turbo boost function.

So, what do you suggest? Clean install?

Geek Shogunat
07-19-2014, 02:55 PM
Hi guys

I did solved the problem just doing a clean install of windows. I didn't installed any optional updates and hided atheros and qualcom update drivers and downloaded the ones asus give us in the driver and support page for G750 from intel.

Now temps barely reach the 80C and idle in high performance never above 50C.

Hope this will help someone.

Geek Shogunat
07-19-2014, 02:56 PM
Hi guys

I did solved the problem just doing a clean install of windows. I didn't installed any optional updates and hided atheros and qualcom update drivers and downloaded the ones asus give us in the driver and support page for G750 from intel.

Now temps barely reach the 80C and idle in high performance never above 50C.

Hope this will help someone.