PDA

View Full Version : G750J - cleaning

JeniCzech
07-18-2014, 09:19 AM
Hey there guys, I have decided to clean my laptop up a bit, but i'm unable to clean it properly, there remains smudges on the palmrest. Anyone have an idea how to clean it properly? I was thinking about cleaning tissues for stainless steel surfaces, or does anyone have better idea?

Darnassus
07-18-2014, 09:48 AM
I use sponge and water, it takes a firm stroking motion though to get oil out of the steel brush finish.

You can use alcohol rub, but make sure NONE of it gets onto the touch pad.. it will stuff it up.

Do not use this on the screen, either.

For the screen, I again use water and a sponge, but a sponge exclusively for the screen. ( I lost my cloth sadly :'x )

dblkk
07-18-2014, 01:15 PM
I just use the little black cloth that it game with. Its more of a disk towel than a microfiber, so I weary about using it on the screen. But it works perfect, with a little elbow grease it always get the smudges.

What I don't get though, is why you clean off the finger prints. You only add more the instant your done cleaning it? I do this as well, im using the word 'you' as a 3rd person view of yourself. I clean mine once every day for the most part.
The lid, the backside of the screen, in the middle right opposite the webcam, is the worst spot. That's where I grab to lift the lid, and that added rubber coating on the lid (which I really like) is also the hardest part to clean. I also think the more you rub on that the quicker that rubber will wear off. But still worth it, I love the rubber coating.

Prostar Computer
07-18-2014, 10:19 PM
A mild glass cleaner and a lint free cloth seem to work well for us. It does sometimes take a firm stroke or two, as Darnassus mentioned. Avoid anything abrasive! That will more likely scratch the matte surface than it will remove an imprint of any kind.