PDA

View Full Version : Does Undervolting the CPU void the warranty?

braxxx
07-21-2014, 04:30 AM
Hi guys, i own a g750js and i just want to make sure before undervolting my cpu.:)

Darnassus
07-21-2014, 04:46 AM
It's sort of a grey area I believe.

I believe it's fine to undervolt your CPU.. but if you break it by doing so then you're not covered.

Someone accidentally overvolted their CPU by 100 and fried it. I don't think they were covered.

I theorise that if you UNDERVOLT it, nothing can go wrong.. it's just giving it less power to eat after-all.. I may be wrong.

There's safe guides to undervolting, I undervolted by 70.31...

braxxx
07-21-2014, 04:55 AM
Thanks for the info Darnassus, i'll try 20mV first and maybe increase it a bit more if it remains stable.

Darnassus
07-21-2014, 05:50 AM
I jumped right to -70. Nothing ever happened. All works smooth. Though try -50 first.. or go by -20 mv increments until you reach instability, then go back.

Don't forget.. if you crash, you'll just reboot and the settings will be reverted to your last good config.

P.S. don't forget to give it a short bench just to make sure it's good. Compression might be nice to try.

braxxx
07-21-2014, 06:38 AM
Thanks darnassus, i will follow your advice.

braxxx
07-21-2014, 11:10 PM
i just under volted both dynamic cpu voltage and processor cache voltage offset to 70v but i see some screen flickering during start up but no blue screen happening, does this mean it is unstable at that amount of under volting? nothing like that happened while being under volted at 65v.