PDA

View Full Version : G750 SSD upgrade problems

DeVeX
07-21-2014, 06:23 PM
hey i have a g750jw and bought a 250gb samsung evo ssd to upgrade my system i installed drivers and used data migration software from samsung. Cant boot from ssd tho. when inserting ssd without hdd i get an errormessage saying that required stuff isnt found...
what do i do?

Prostar Computer
07-21-2014, 11:18 PM
Can you be more specific on the error message ("required stuff")?

DeVeX
07-21-2014, 11:27 PM
It just States that Boot Drive etc. Is missing and bluescreens if i am just using the SSD without the HDD in the laptop

DeVeX
07-22-2014, 12:08 AM
problem solved but now i have the problem of not being able to wipe partition C on the standard HDD for what ever reason (unknown error)

dblkk
07-22-2014, 12:36 AM
First advice, is with stock drive to run the asus backtracker program, which copies windows and all asus drivers onto a usb drive. After that, then just take out your hhd, and put your ssd into the same slot the hhd was, don't put the hhd back into the other bay just yet though. Then, put the usb stick into the computer and boot up, this will fully install a fresh install of windows and drivers. Migrating especially with samsungs software is usually 100%, but sometimes if even 1 file gets missed or moved wrong, then either right way or maybe later on you'll get problems.

Second advice, the hhd cannot be formatted, its a boot drive, and for security purposes I don't think theres a single windows included program or way to format a boot device. But if you look around the web, follow giveawayforfree.com, you'll find a good data recovery/partition mater/drive cloner/delete program. Pick it up then and format your drive. Otherwise, what I did until that time, was just delete everything that you see on the hhd, and just use it for storage. I haven't had a problem in the 2 months it took before a free program came up to actually fully delete the disk.

DeVeX
07-22-2014, 10:17 AM
Hey, dblkk.
my problem has been resolved, the hdd is no longer boot drive and the old c drive is formatted.
i just cant merge partition G(old C) and D it is only possible to merge them with the small partitions for recovery/system or the unspecified ~300MB partitions and even when i delete partition G i can not merge the free space with D.
Thanks for your reply!