PDA

View Full Version : G74Sx AC Mode/Battery Mode Toggle

physma
07-22-2014, 10:54 PM
Hi, I have a G74Sx ROG notebook. I believe something may be the matter with my power jack, perhaps loose or bent, and needs replacing. I am going to have it looked at and fixed if possible. I was wondering though how I might stop the image flickering of the constant ac mode battery mode toggling. I know how to stop the power4gear icons toggling by ending the ATK2 or whatever process. but not I am getting a more generic one, and am not sure how I can stop these images from toggling. These appear in the upper left corner of the screen and look like this and toggle back and forth often. any help would be greatly appreciated!

shadoow.obey
07-31-2014, 03:06 PM
HI physma , i can't help with that and i have the same exact problem and the same Rog
i also tried to stop the mode switching ended up like you getting the generic one too
i would like to know if you fixed your laptop and what was the exact problem as i can't tell if it the charger or the plug in
my laptop battery is dead ,but if i tried to run my ROG with it it will turn off once it toggle to battery mode however it does run when i take it the battery of,also the charger pin is getting tooo hot and the little plastic on it started to melt
i really need help with this. :(